Would around 45 mins be enough time to hang?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

Help
Apr 19, 2018
UK
My husband has an eye appointment tommorow, and he will be gone for around 45 mins.
I would like to try partial hanging, would this be enough time?
If this doesn't work, I'm meeting up with a partner tommorow and going to Beachy Head anyway

lostangel

lostangel

Wizard
Mar 22, 2019
Ireland
My husband has an eye appointment tommorow, and he will be gone for around 45 mins.
If this doesn't work, I'm meeting up with a partner tommorow and going to Beachy Head anyway
You will need at least 30 minutes. I hope you can be at peace!

Reactions: x-Ace-x and ERASED
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Veteran
Dec 28, 2019
USA
If you are doing it in the house where he will find you and if your husband isn't an evil bastard, perhaps waiting till tomorrow for a partner to do it elsewhere would be something to consider. If he is an evil bastard then ignore the above.

L

Living sucks

no one can understand
Mar 27, 2020
What happened with beachy head yesterday?

thrw_a_way1221221

thrw_a_way1221221

Angel of Choice - on borrowed time.
Aug 30, 2018
It should be sufficient time, since almost all hanging deaths result in less than 30 minutes (30 min is more/less on the extreme case where there is a very very small chance of survival - which means beyond that time it's just about guaranteed death) thus 45 minutes is more than ample time assuming that your attempt was successful.

Last edited:
D

Darksektori

Wise
Jun 8, 2020
United States
I agree 30 minutes and you won´t have any probems
Depending on the method, it can be pretty horrible if you don't do it correctly. If done right its quick broken neck, unconsciousness, done wrong, slow asphyxiation for up to 25 minutes by historical accounts I've read, regardless if you wish to CTB please take the shorter route and not the longer one.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Angelic
Aug 27, 2018
Depending on the method, it can be pretty horrible if you don't do it correctly. If done right its quick broken neck, unconsciousness, done wrong, slow asphyxiation for up to 25 minutes by historical accounts I've read, regardless if you wish to CTB please take the shorter route and not the longer one.
The broken neck you are talking about is called the long drop hanging in which the person´s neck breaks I used to be very into that method and in that method you need to calculate your weight and from which height you drop from in order to break the neck.

I have seen dozens of hanging videos and none of them took 25 minutes everyone was under 10 minutes but it is true that some you could clearly tell they suffered a slow asphyxiation death.

D

Darksektori

Wise
Jun 8, 2020
United States
The broken neck you are talking about is called the long drop hanging in which the person´s neck breaks I used to be very into that method and in that method you need to calculate your weight and from which height you drop from in order to break the neck.

I have seen dozens of hanging videos and none of them took 25 minutes everyone was under 10 minutes but it is true that some you could clearly tell they suffered a slow asphyxiation death.
I stand corrected

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

Help
Apr 19, 2018
UK
What happened with beachy head yesterday?
I left the chat messages with my partner open on my phone by accident, and my husband went on my phone to Google something and he saw them, so I wasn't allowed to leave.
And surprise surprise, the hanging sid not work again. I wish I still had my SN

• Hug
Reactions: AnxietyAttack44