Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

World Suicide Prevention Day

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Apparently today, 10th September, is world suicide prevention day.

The purpose of world suicide prevention day/suicide prevention month, is two fold:

1. An opportunity for organisations to inform the public about how to prevent somebody from taking their own lives, while more generally nothing is done to address the many reasons why people actually do it.

2. While there are many genuine and decent people out there, the main purpose of world suicide prevention day is to provide an opportunity for virtue signalers to upload content to social media in order to show everybody just how awesome they are.
Such posts might include, but are not limited to

- "I've been nominated to video myself doing 25 pushups to raise awareness of suicide"

- "I've stand with those effected by suicide....only 1% will share this post....will YOU?"

- "I'm going to display the suicide awareness ribbon on my profile picture"

- A picture of a mountain/sunrise/sunset/lake/beach with a 'inspirational caption'

- "I want all my friends on Facebook to know that if they're going through a tough time I'm always up for a chat....so here's the phone number for a suicide prevention hotline in case you need it".

I certainly don't want to take away from the majority of people who ARE genuine, but from my experience many of the virtue signalers are quite simply the most intellectually lazy, judgemental, ignorant people out there, and they quite honestly only upload supportive content to polish the image they're creating of themselves.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Huh. I wasn't aware of suicide. I don't think the majority of people on this site were either.

J/k. I wasn't aware of the ribbon, so I'll step up and do my part to make others aware. Here you go:

images (71).jpeg

Repost if you give a shit. I bet I know who won't.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Huh. I wasn't aware of suicide. I don't think the majority of people on this site were either.

J/k. I wasn't aware of the ribbon, so I'll step up and do my part to make others aware. Here you go:

View attachment 44122

Repost if you give a shit. I bet I know who won't.

"Repost if you give a shit. I bet I know who won't"

Damn you twisted my arm.

You should have said
"According to ancient Chinese tradition, sharing this will bring you good luck and wealth".

Jellyfish42

Jellyfish42

OK not only does this World Suicide Awareness Day sound like a joke but it's probably overshadowed greatly by 9/11 awareness. And of course they have a stupid ribbon for it. I consider myself blessed to have never encountered either of these bs awareness days in my life.

C

checkouttime

Illuminated
Do you think you could utilise that ribbon to CTB :devil:

So is it suicide month or just day?? I'm sure someone posted month!

EDIT i just noticed i put suicide month and day(not prevention). ITS new i just made it up,fuk them they can pick another month, or maybe just not bother!!

Last edited:
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
I wouldn't be surprised if some members put me on ignore for even joking like that! :pfff:

(I bet I know who will...)
"(I bet I know who will...)"

I heart you

It is suicide prevention day for sure, and I think suicide awareness month?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

The day was started by WHO. The week was started by documentary film producers. I don't remember who started the month.

C

checkouttime

Illuminated
The day was started by WHO. The week was started by documentary film producers. I don't remember who started the month.
FFS so its both!!!! thats a load of bolox!

EDIT its day, week,and month now thats total bolox!

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Oh I didn't know there was a week too! Suicide prevention day, suicide awareness month...what's the week called?

C

checkouttime

Illuminated
Oh I didn't know there was a week too! Suicide prevention day, suicide awareness month...what's the week called?
I thought i'd join the day and month band wagon week

F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Behold, a dark cloud of virtual signalers looms above us. Nevertheless, there remains a silver lining-- hardly anyone is actually doing anything proactive to prevent suicide. I mean stuff like trying to get substances used for suicide banned, and/or getting access to suicide jumping spots blocked.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
You are not aware?
Apologies, I'll do 25 more press ups to make up for my lack of awareness!
Behold, a dark cloud of virtual signalers looms above us. Nevertheless, there remains a silver lining-- hardly anyone is actually doing anything proactive to prevent suicide. I mean stuff like trying to get substances used for suicide banned, and/or getting access to suicide jumping spots blocked.
Reducing access to methods isn't that helpful. If you want to change how people feel, change the things that make them feel like it.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch | any pronouns
pro-"lifers" don't care about why people commit suicide. they just want more sheep they can manipulate and work to death.

i put life in quotes because they don't really care about people living and not just surviving, they just care about taking away people's right to ctb.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

In Singapore, two mothers started the "Please Stay" campaign. Of course they went straight for the guilt trip.

I think the Jewish community is trying to start the "Suicide Will Kill Your Poor Mother" campaign.

Arabs have the "Honor Killings Prevent Suicides" campaign.

The US is heading toward a "Make Suicide Great Again" campaign.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

In Singapore, two mothers started the "Please Stay" campaign. Of course they went straight for the guilt trip.

I think the Jewish community is trying to start the "Suicide Will Kill Your Poor Mother" campaign.

Arabs have the "Honor Killings Prevent Suicides" campaign.

The US is heading toward a "Make Suicide Great Again" campaign.
I got more.

"In Russia, suicide does not kill us. We kill suicide."

China: "Suicide kills your social score."

France: "Suicide is boring like an American."

Germany: "Suicide: for me it is too easy. I will do something harder."

Canada: "Suicide is not nice."

W

worried_to_death

Illuminated
I got more.

"In Russia, suicide does not kill us. We kill suicide."

China: "Suicide kills your social score."

France: "Suicide is boring like an American."

Germany: "Suicide: for me it is too easy. I will do something harder."

Canada: "Suicide is not nice."
They just keep coming, each better than the last.
You're a machine.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

They just keep coming, each better than the last.
You're a machine.
Mexico: "Suicidir No Es Machismo"

Ireland: "There's No Pubs In Hell"

Japan hands out instructions.

Bonus:

Survivalists: "You Can't Survive Suicide"

Bill Gates: "Not Till I Say So"

BLM: "Did You Not Just Hear Us Say Your Lives Matter??"

Incels: "Cope Don't Rope"

Feminists: "Suicide Means Men Win"

Global warming activists: "Well, It Would Reduce Your Carbon Footprint..."