Why does nobody care about me?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

cryptic__egg

cryptic__egg

Wizard
May 9, 2020
It's so conflicting to have everyone promising you that you are valued and loved while in practice they barely care at all about you. Everyone talks about mental health and how we need to support it but I cannot find easily accessible help anywhere. The NHS is slow and clunky with this, my friends don't care, my college has no counselling service, my parents want to pretend there isn't a problem and my brother thinks I'm selfish.

It really is brutal. I go through such long periods of feeling hopeless and when I finally do try to reach out there's nowhere to reach to.

SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
United Kingdom
I know what you mean. It seems the world is 'here for you', but apart from the ten minutes anyone can spare, it feels like somewhat of an empty gesture.

People insist 'it will get better' and then you realise nobody can live your life for you. So it's more of a 'go hence and succeed' message.

cryptic__egg

cryptic__egg

Wizard
May 9, 2020
It would make sense if those people were then pro choice, but they're the same people that would gladly ruin an attempt and leave my paralysed forever. Forcing us to live but can't bother to help us.

MeriDeath

MeriDeath

Veteran
May 10, 2020
It's so conflicting to have everyone promising you that you are valued and loved while in practice they barely care at all about you. Everyone talks about mental health and how we need to support it but I cannot find easily accessible help anywhere. The NHS is slow and clunky with this, my friends don't care, my college has no counselling service, my parents want to pretend there isn't a problem and my brother thinks I'm selfish.

It really is brutal. I go through such long periods of feeling hopeless and when I finally do try to reach out there's nowhere to reach to.
I relate, because somehow people who really want to help you somehow end up telling you about their life and how suicide is not the right option for you as if they are trying to give you a lesson about life. But I hold a strong belief that one that got nothing to live for shouldn't really care for other people. It's always been like that, death is not the solution and they will tell you to stay but in reality they're not going to e there 24/7 and it's us who later on do the suffer. So please don't think you're alone but rather just trust yourself more than anyone else because this world, sadly saying, is cruel. People are selfish. I wish it wasn't like that.

Reactions: Bct
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Yeah, it's really frustrating when people says we're valued & loved yet basically avoid us when we need their support at most. I understand they also have their own struggles, but I just wish they don't outrightly abandon us.

Reactions: MeriDeath
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rlly [Venting] Why does nobody care about me? Suicide Discussion 5
M Does the covid-19 epidemic affect your decision to ctb? Suicide Discussion 20
KuRsAnI Does anyone else want out because they find life boring or tedious? Suicide Discussion 3
tmcglone25 How long does SN take to work? Suicide Discussion 2
J [Discussion] What does passing out feel like? (Hanging) Suicide Discussion 1
overwhelming [Discussion] How does one successfully hide their depression? Suicide Discussion 6
DeathIsTheWayOut99 Why the hell does healing have to take so much freaking work Suicide Discussion 4
ItsAllTooLate [Discussion] Does anyone else torture themselves by hanging onto slivers of hope or possibility that things will get better? Suicide Discussion 6
E What does CTB mean Suicide Discussion 8
KiraComplex what does it feel like to take SN? Suicide Discussion 3
goblinsinmyhead [Discussion] Does anyone else plan ctb before 2020 is over? Suicide Discussion 37
Kevin_theFrog [Discussion] Does anyone here have had better days? Suicide Discussion 19
DeathIsTheWayOut99 Does society really care about children? Suicide Discussion 21
MarsFx Does it really matter if you end up braindead? Suicide Discussion 9
imnotyourprotaganist [Method] Does jumping work? Suicide Discussion 12
DeathIsTheWayOut99 Does anyone here struggle with comparison? Suicide Discussion 23
Dimension369963 Does This Site Contain More Attention Seekers Than People Who Genuinely Can No Longer Take Their Pain? Suicide Discussion 26
xLosthopex [Help] Just tested my SN from Ukrainian seller, what does this mean?(Pic) Suicide Discussion 26
L [Discussion] Does it actually get better? Suicide Discussion 10
H [Discussion] How does it feel to die on heroin OD? Suicide Discussion 15
yami9292 Does anyone else find comfort in their suicidal thoughts? Suicide Discussion 41
S Does anyone else get that crunchy feeling in their throat what feels like theyre about to cry Suicide Discussion 5
T [Discussion] How does SN do the job? Suicide Discussion 5
xLosthopex SN arrived, does this look ok? Suicide Discussion 2
DeathIsTheWayOut99 Does anyone here feel so abused and used that their just like "fuck it I'll just die?" Suicide Discussion 23
S [Discussion] Does anyone else look at gore videos/crime scene photos? And why do you do it? Suicide Discussion 10
Darkdreamer001 [Discussion] Does anyone feel like they don't belong here? Suicide Discussion 8
DeathIsTheWayOut99 Does anyone feel like one more bad thing will push them over the edge? Suicide Discussion 20
DeathIsTheWayOut99 "Nobody can save me, only help me save myself" Suicide Discussion 14
DeathIsTheWayOut99 Nobody has ever cared about me in life. Its not worth it to try anymore. Suicide Discussion 6
moonchild [Venting] The either/or of mental health care Suicide Discussion 14
rue89 I don't know why I care so much about my brother when he's so horrible to me Suicide Discussion 1