[Discussion] What's your Favorite depressing songs

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

trynacbt

trynacbt

-
Sep 28, 2019
Isolation by John Lennon
Listen Before I Go by Billie Eilish

Reactions: Harasaki
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Illuminated
Sep 14, 2019
Who wants to live forever by Queen. Just one of them.
Levon by Elton John
Daniel by Elton John
Anything by Elton John makes me cry.
Precious by Depeche Mode
And believe it or not...have yourself a Merry little Christmas... because of the line....through the years we all will be together...if the dates allow..so they're basically saying a family member can die at any time and that's your last Christmas with them
Wish you were here....if you don't know who wrote that shame in you hsha

Last edited:
diaryofawimpycrow

diaryofawimpycrow

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
Omg I love this song, so haunting
This one is really powerful. Perspective of someone ODing on the kitchen floor.

Leonard Cohen is my jam
Sadcore/lo-fi. Theme: loss of a loved one
Trip hop. Theme: Death in general, the end of an era
Industrial. Theme: self harm/suicide
Goth rock. Theme: suicide
Depressive black metal/goth/emo/shoegaze. Theme: breakup
Sadcore/lo-fi. Theme: suicide

Last edited:
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Probably helped to put a spotlight on modern day bullying back in the 90s.

"You can't tell from the lyrics but the song is based on two real events, one of which is the suicide of 16-year-old Jeremy Delle who shot himself in front of his English teacher and 30 classmates in 1991.

The song also draws inspiration from band member Eddie Vedder's middle school classmate who shot up an Oceanography classroom."

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Probably helped to put a spotlight on modern day bullying back in the 90s.

"You can't tell from the lyrics but the song is based on two real events, one of which is the suicide of 16-year-old Jeremy Delle who shot himself in front of his English teacher and 30 classmates in 1991.

The song also draws inspiration from band member Eddie Vedder's middle school classmate who shot up an Oceanography classroom."
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. I like reading about suicides because then I don't feel so alone.

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

-
Sep 10, 2019
Does exactly what is says on the tin 'as they say' one for the lonely/ broken hearted- And i believe lack of love is whether familial or relationship wise can cause many a person to desire the end:

M

Miserable

Veteran
Jul 14, 2019
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt (Some people like the Johnny Cash version more but I grew up with NIN), Something I Can Never Have as well
Bright Eyes - Lua
Elliott Smith - Twighlight (the baby is depression/addiction)
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (Leonard Cohen cover)
Exit Music - Radiohead
All I can think of right now

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Metallica - the unforgiving.
Yeah, I relate to that video too. Living in solitaire confinement
With you there SE.

top quote from ^ vid
View attachment 17866
...cameo by Marilyn Manson as well.
Yeah, candle in the wind is like my life
Does exactly what is says on the tin 'as they say' one for the lonely/ broken hearted- And i believe lack of love is whether familial or relationship wise can cause many a person to desire the end:

Well they say no man is an island. We need love, otherwise what's the point in being alive?

Last edited:
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Omg I love this song, so haunting
Some more DCD just for you then:

Too much? ;)
Right now, mine is one last breathe by Creed...

Not sure how much you know about the singer, Scott Stapp(?)

Diagnosed bipolar after a very challenging decade or so and one major psychotic break. Good for him though,...he seems to be doing better today. He certainly had the money for real help.

this article breaks it down:

Last edited:
D

dmsdnd18

Sep 26, 2019
Blink 182 - adams song; already sad but then i found out a friend's teen brother recorded himself singing this then ctb

I feel like all i listen to are depressing songs but one ive been listening to on repeat lately is rob thomas' cant help me now bc of the lines 'i dont want to be here now.. and even you cant help me now.' Its just hittin me hard, no one can help me anymore

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Walilamdzi Offtopic 5
coyguy Offtopic 17