Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide!

This site is a pro-choice suicide community that discusses mental illness and suicide from the perspective of suicidal people, as well as the moral implications of the act.

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Signup Now!

Discussion What would you change if you had a magic wand?

L0ne1ygh0st

L0ne1ygh0st

Master
This is all that mental health workers seem to ask me at the moment so I was wondering what other people would do. I'd make my mood swings and my obsessive thoughts go away. Maybe then I'd have some sort of chance of recovery. Or just have an entire brain transplant.

sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Omg I would change everything :pfff: my mental health, my past, my face, my body, my autism, some money would be nice maybe lmao. Oh and I’d fix my pc because I’ve been meaning to fix it for literally a year and I keep procrastinating.

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
I would be born to different parents. A mother who is kind, loving and supportive. Who would tell me growing up that I'm perfect the way I am. And a father with high morals who loved his wife and children and would do anything to protect them and keep them safe.

Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
I'm trying to understand what kind of information a psychiatrist is hoping to find by asking this question. Might aswell ask what you think is wrong with your life/yourself.

As if getting people to dream about things that are impossible to obtain or change is of any help. For al the things that are possible you wouldn't need a 'magic wand'.

I'd be a shitty patient that's for sure. All i'd want to say is where they can shove their magic wand... Not that i would say that unless i'm really pissed off.

Last edited:
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Happens to me every doctor I see. I'm never really sure how to respond. It's also often followed by the magic wand line. I'm seriously starting to wonder if I'm in the matrix and I'm seeing lines of dodgy code.
It seems that whoever brings up that magic wand line has got his head stuck in the harry potter realm instead of real life.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Angelic
To bring me back the love of my life and only hope
Yes, me too! :hug::heart:
This is all that mental health workers seem to ask me at the moment so I was wondering what other people would do.

“Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem” >Barf Face<
Just another insipid question by someone that really doesn’t know how to help, but is trying to pretend like they do.
I have ranted on here before about all the asinine suggestions and questions that doctors ask depressed and suicidal people, or that just ordinary people say to them. They’re desperate for an easy solution when there isn’t an easy solution!
They can’t even come up with anything new. I’ve been hearing the same comments and questions and suggestions since I was 13 back in the 1980s!
It just makes me want to scream and pull my hair out! :hmph:

Last edited:
BlessedOffal

BlessedOffal

I often get asked: how would you like us to help you?
You know you're screwed when that happens.
Mann... I thought this was standard procedure? Dear lord. Figured something was wrong with me for not knowing the answer. Have been reading books, like a good girl, to help them help me for my upcoming sessions.

Magic wand? Clear my debt and adult me the fuck up/clear my depressed ass for good, not just a week here and there.

ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Wise
Everything...just...everything. I would be born as a completely different person into a completely different body. I hate when they ask that question. Because I don't have a magic wand. So what's the point of fantasizing about what I would change if I did? It only makes me feel worse.

I guess they ask to see what the person's main sources of unhappiness are, but it's a weird way to get at that in my opinion. But what do I know...

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

-
Everything...just...everything. I would be born as a completely different person into a completely different body. I hate when they ask that question. Because I don't have a magic wand. So what's the point of fantasizing about what I would change if I did? It only makes me feel worse.

I guess they ask to see what the person's main sources of unhappiness are, but it's a weird way to get at that in my opinion. But what do I know...
Yep- it’s like asking for a time machine also, as so many would like to do back and edit their past- some a week ago, some months/ years, their very birth etc! It’s obvs that people that want to ctb- wish they either a magic wand or a time machine- but we don’t :(

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Yes, me too! :hug::heart:

“Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem” >Barf Face<
Just another insipid question by someone that really doesn’t know how to help, but is trying to pretend like they do.
I have ranted on here before about all the asinine suggestions and questions that doctors ask depressed and suicidal people, or that just ordinary people say to them. They’re desperate for an easy solution when there isn’t an easy solution!
They can’t even come up with anything new. I’ve been hearing the same comments and questions and suggestions since I was 13 back in the 1980s!
It just makes me want to scream and pull my hair out! :hmph:
The temporary problem is life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JoeeWasHere Story Things Change (Poem) Recovery 0