Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide!

This site is a pro-choice suicide community that discusses mental illness and suicide from the perspective of suicidal people, as well as the moral implications of the act.

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Signup Now!

What is your favorite soundtrack in the gaming world?

• Thread starter goblinsinmyhead
  • Start date
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
I have so many that it would take me forever to post just my favorites since this is all I listen to! My favorites franchises in particular are Fire Emblem, Sonic, Kirby, and Pokémon

I also love listening to them on repeat whether for studying, driving, or any other monotonous tasks. I’ll share the one song I listened to on loop for many weeks a few months ago right after my grandparents both died:

(though this is technically an arrangement of an existing track that was going to be played live in a convention that never happened due to the pandemic )

Vorty27

Vorty27

One way or the other
I started playing Prey 2 recently. What an awesome game! Great soundtrack too.

This is my favourite below. I won't say anything specific - don't want to spoil it for anyone. I'm sure you know what part this track is from; it gave me such a false sense of security!

Hey Sprite! :smiling:
Yes, I love the game too. Really great gameplay style and freedom of choice in it. :)
As for the soundtrack, it's epic! Mick Gordon partially worked on it and he did very well. ^_^

And you are doing great, for keeping the spoilers away. :hug: That part it's from... It's a complete " Mind Game ". Shows how much sometimes everything can be a lie. :)

Also I am sharing an OST too because this thread is awesome!

But anyway, wishing you a great time playing the latest Prey!

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
One of my favorite things about video game music is when there are different versions of the same song. Sometimes spread years apart or in the same game and sometimes with different contexts. I just love hearing different instruments with different takes on the same melodies.

Here's a few examples from Fire Emblem.

Leech

Leech

ꜱᴜʙꜱɪꜱᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ ɪꜱ ɪɴᴇxɪꜱᴛᴇɴᴛ
The Final Fantasy franchise has A LOT of amazing music

Also the Ragnarok Online soundtrack is my favourite ever
Listening to it makes me super nostalgic and teary without fail

Viro_Major

Viro_Major

The wings of courage
The OST of Zelda 1 or even Metroid 1 (daunting oppressing atmosphere) were pretty iconic, synth like with melodies. Nowadays, melodies get a beating and become more scarce in the mainstream music. The trend is about not incarnating the music too much but letting room for interpretation. An artist like Billie Ellish is the perfect illustration of the turn. The videogames‘ industry is however, seems to resist to that shift. The composers still compose. Anyway, err. Back in the days, the soundtrack of Alex Kid in the Miracle World on Sega Mastersystem was uber cool too.

The endings of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus (Playstation) ...also memorable. In contrast with the atmospheric silence which dominate throughout the rest of the adventures

The techno tracks of the Wipeout series ...dopey

@the box is empty is your avatar an Enki Billal drawing ? so looks like it. Used to read his comics

Last edited:
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Advent Rising
Oblivion
Hitman: Blood Money
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
I have never played Deus Ex, but love the soundtrack. I first heard it through this video, not great quality, but I find the video so disturbing:

Another great one is "Ori and the blind forest". Not often a video game makes me cry in the first 10 minutes, it's so sad.

Another goodie I haven't seen mentioned here is Child of Light, Great, short RPG, with an all over amazing soundtrack.

Blank Dreamer

Blank Dreamer

Seeker of Dreams
There's a lot of good ones listed here. But one of my go to is this.

I enjoy most if not all of Chrono Trigger's OST and Cross'. But when it comes to bliss, peace and thoughtfulness I almost always come to this track. Even after all these years, it truly is timeless music in the gaming world for me.

"Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real."