Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide!

This site is a pro-choice suicide community that discusses mental illness and suicide from the perspective of suicidal people, as well as the moral implications of the act.

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Signup Now!

What is your favorite soundtrack in the gaming world?

• Thread starter goblinsinmyhead
  • Start date
NomadicWolf382

NomadicWolf382

I want to drift into the lucid dream, endlessly...
World of Warcraft and it’s many expansions, have a great selection of music on its soundtracks. I miss playing it...

Lunarhour

Lunarhour

-
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet, there remains time to create, to create, and escape...Escape will make me God."
Colony, terminal 3

the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV

Fun fact - it was the first video game track to ever win a Grammy.

the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.

Fired this game up again out of boredom. Forgot how amazing the game and the music was. I know of people who've listened to this without playing the game.

Sans

Sans

Undertale, or Super Mario Galaxy... I cant pick just one, and I certainly can’t pick just one song. So many emotional pieces.

wiIIow

wiIIow

Master
oh hell don't get me started
(laugh all you want, the frogger 2 soundtrack fucking slaps)

Pretty much the entire Undertale soundtrack
Hotline Miami
Kirby's Adventure

I also really love anything composed by Tim Follin, but one of my faves is from a game that was never released but it's just..... it's so good. It takes almost 4 minutes to loop (the absolute madman) but give it a listen and you'll be Follin in love ha ha jha

As far as games that were actually released... how about "Prog, The Game"

anyway I could keep going forever but these are what I could think of off the top of my head haha

also shoutout to Lunarhour for journey to Silius, I always loved that soundtrack

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch | any pronouns
aria of the soul / the velvet room bgm from the persona series
mass destruction from persona 3
colress' theme from pkmn bw

A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Video game music and video game inspired music is practically all I listen to so it warms my heart to see a thread like this.

I saw someone else already link a PMD:EOS track but here's the whole soundtrack:

I swear the things Arata Liyoshi accomplished with the limited soundfont available is absolutely staggering. This game was filled with so much heart and charm.

I'm also surprised no one that I saw mentioned Chrono Trigger yet, the crowning jewel of the SNES JRPG era:

Kirby 64 also has an amazing soundtrack but I saw someone already mentioned it so here's Kirby Super Star, which is just as good:

Black 2 and White 2 really were the end of an era for Pokemon. And while Gen 5 has a lot of great music as a whole, I think BW2 really stands out:

And lastly, a personal favorite single track from a more recent game. Breath of the Wild's Rito Village:

I know it's just a rearrangement of Dragon Roost Island from Windwaker, but the arrangement here just captures such a sense of quiet solemn nostalgia that really resonates with me. I guess that's because for me nostalgia is beautiful but will always punctuated by sadness and longing for times that never existed. Kinda like Breath of the Wild as a whole, longing for a time in the past. One that may not have even existed.