[Discussion] Virus with pandemic potential, G4 EA H1N1, discovered in China

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

B

Borabora

May 6, 2020
Oh noooo! Not another pandemic. We don't need anymore viruses from bats and then viruses from pigs. There is already lots of states businesses having to close up again due to another surge in covid cases. The world does not need this. It's like:
  1. Pandemic from viruses
  2. Second wave
  3. Virus from pigs
  4. Race riots in States - then, it riots goes worldwide
  5. Unemployment due to businesses closing/downsize
  6. Food prices rise, other ripple effects, etc.
I have to ctb quickly.

Underscore

Underscore

_
Jul 31, 2018
DisUnited Kingdom
www.youtube.com
Lots of these have been popping up and going away for the last twenty years or so.
It's going to continue to happen as world population and climate change increase, with humanity encroaching more into animals habitats.
Also, we are more and more reliant on farmed animals and have adopted some unhealthy farming practices to meet the demand for food. When these diseases happen, they are more easily transmittable to humans.
It's only a matter of time before one becomes serious and just because there is one in general circulation, doesn't mean there can't be more. Most however, tend to be less serious.
They are keeping it under tabs at the moment I believe.

Last edited:
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Illuminated
Mar 23, 2018

Thoughts?
Thoughts ??? Why couldn't I have been one of the lucky ones and died from Covid. I'm sure most of the people who died from Covid didn't consider themselves lucky. It's just what I would have considered lucky.
I'm sure I won't be lucky enough to die from this either, should it become a pandemic. :angry: