Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide!

This site is a pro-choice suicide community that discusses mental illness and suicide from the perspective of suicidal people, as well as the moral implications of the act.

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Signup Now!

Discussion User Discussion Megathread

• Thread starter Sanctioned Suicide
  • Start date
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
And mods were quick to ban and lock the thread. They said they were going to try to start doing that again on goodbye threads.

Sensei

Sensei

Angelic
And mods were quick to ban and lock the thread. They said they were going to try to start doing that again on goodbye threads.
I think it's good that they lock goodbye threads. I don't know if you where here when people started posting about everything and nothing, including rants and jokes, in an old goodbye thread, i.e. Stan's thread. I, for one, found it respectless and macabre. I think goodbye threads should be locked out of respect for the dead. One can discuss exactly when they should be locked, though. Just my two cents.

L

Living sucks

I think it's good that they lock goodbye threads. I don't know if you where here when people started posting about everything and nothing, including rants and jokes, in an old goodbye thread, i.e. Stan's thread. I, for one, found it respectless and macabre. I think goodbye threads should be locked out of respect for the dead. One can discuss exactly when they should be locked, though. Just my two cents.
Personally i filed a ticket over a month ago asking for it to be reinstated ..

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Angelic
I agree threads should be locked ... I just wish I would have been here to say goodbye or at least make a goodbye post. Even though Faust will never see it. I did say goodbye on his wall. So I guess that will have to do. I don't know how long they should keep a goodbye thread open but 2 days would be nice. I can't always be on everyday. I haven't even been able to find Faust's goodbye thread.

I think the reason they let Stan's goodbye thread go for so long was for Jean. I admit I did post there as well. At the time I thought we were trying to keep his memory alive. I don't know what really happened. Though I have seen some things mentioned on here.

Just my added cent. :wink:

L

Living sucks

I agree threads should be locked ... I just wish I would have been here to say goodbye or at least make a goodbye post. Even though Faust will never see it. I did say goodbye on his wall. So I guess that will have to do. I don't know how long they should keep a goodbye thread open but 2 days would be nice. I can't always be on everyday. I haven't even been able to find Faust's goodbye thread.

I think the reason they let Stan's goodbye thread go for so long was for Jean. I admit I did post there as well. At the time I thought we were trying to keep his memory alive. I don't know what really happened. Though I have seen some things mentioned on here.

Just my added cent. :wink:

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Angelic
Thank you. :heart: Even though I couldn't say goodbye, it was nice to read all of the goodbye posts. I was even on for a bit last night and missed it. :'(

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
I remember Stan's thread. I requested for it to be locked because it got out of hand. Out of respect, all Good Bye threads should be locked.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
I think it would be nice if they'd leave goodbye threads open for a couple of weeks, maybe a month, to give people a chance to pay their respects. Not everyone logs in every day. I can imagine being off the forum for a couple of weeks and finding out someone I really cared about ctb'd and not having a place to express that.

Goodbye threads are like a funeral. Some members are especially appreciated and folks may want opportunities to be at the funeral for a bit, cry, express how much they cared and how much that person meant to them.

I feel like it was way too early to close Faust's, he just died yesterday. He'd been here a while and had a positive impact on a lot of people, there was much affection for him.

L

Living sucks

Remembering to do it 2 days later will be the challenge. They’d need a system to make this happen.
i think it’s also good for those who might want to get attn or fake a ctb.. you only get one unban so better think twice before a good bye thread.
keeping family from gaining access to post is also a reason to close it sooner

can debate all the scenarios

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
i think it’s also good for those who might want to get attn or fake a ctb.. you only get one unban so better think twice before a good bye thread.
CTB is usually unreliable and takes a lot of courage, but I agree with what you are saying. some people post way too many goodbye threads for it to be considered a real attempt.

StrokeMyEgoBaby

StrokeMyEgoBaby

Ask, you will receive; Seek, you shall find.
Is anyone aware of Chiyuki99 's status?
:notsure:

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
CTB is usually unreliable and takes a lot of courage, but I agree with what you are saying. some people post way too many goodbye threads for it to be considered a real attempt.
Yup. The mods used to ban the user (per the rules) when a good bye thread was created. I do believe they have became too lenient on this and as a result, members post good bye threads ad nauseam.

StrokeMyEgoBaby

StrokeMyEgoBaby

@MorticiasHair ?
--- Thread 1709 on page 57:

She targeted younger members for pro-life intervention. I reported at least three of her posts on two goodbye threads, all of which were deleted by mods, and right after the last one was deleted, her name was crossed out.

Her post history still has plenty of messages showing how she negated younger members' ctb intentions, seemingly with much affection, and in at least one case, explained a younger member to himself and told him what he needed to do in his life (how he functions, what kind of girlfriend he needs), not suggestions but telling.

C

Curious89

Wise
--- Thread 1709 on page 57:

She targeted younger members for pro-life intervention. I reported at least three of her posts on two goodbye threads, all of which were deleted by mods, and right after the last one was deleted, her name was crossed out.

Her post history still has plenty of messages showing how she negated younger members' ctb intentions, seemingly with much affection, and in at least one case, explained a younger member to himself and told him what he needed to do in his life (how he functions, what kind of girlfriend he needs), not suggestions but telling.
She seemed very nice to me. She spoke personally to me after reading my post. I am unhappy with this outcome.

StrokeMyEgoBaby

StrokeMyEgoBaby

She seemed very nice to me. She spoke personally to me after reading my post. I am unhappy with this outcome.
Yeah I was under the impression she's a kind person.
I didn't speak too much with her though.
I hope she's alright if she has any personal struggles of her own.

StrokeMyEgoBaby

StrokeMyEgoBaby

What kind of posts did she make on these goodbye threads ?
I'm not the original poster to this thread.
But you can tag
@GoodPersonEffed
to see if he/she has any information regarding this

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
What kind of posts did she make on these goodbye threads ?
She has a short post history so you can see where she used guilt on a goodbye thread about how the member's parent will feel when they ctb. There may be other such posts, I don't recall.

The posts that were deleted were for trying to talk someone out of ctbing because they are young. As with her other posts, there were hearts along with the text. I (and perhaps others) reported these posts. They were deleted, and a mod responded on the thread with the post I'm linking. I think it was the next day that she repeated the same behavior on another goodbye thread of a younger member, I (and perhaps others) reported it, it was immediately deleted, and she was banned minutes later.

I hear you that you're unhappy with her being banned. It's understandable when you've received kindness. But her actions toward others were not always received that way. If you read the thread I linked to, the member who was going to ctb was absolutely wigging out and threatening to leave the site, and it was in direct response to what was deleted, and maybe to some of what was not deleted, there are still posts left on that thread. You can read for yourself and make your own judgement about it.

I'll step out of this discussion now. I wanted to answer your question and support the assertions I've made as it seems from the recent posts here that they were in question.

Last edited:
StrokeMyEgoBaby

StrokeMyEgoBaby

Does anyone know why @Chiyuki99 requested self-ban?
@angel-of-the-night

C

Curious89

Wise
She has a short post history so you can see where she used guilt on a goodbye thread about how the member's parent will feel when they ctb. There may be other such posts, I don't recall.

The posts that were deleted were for trying to talk someone out of ctbing because they are young. As with her other posts, there were hearts along with the text. I (and perhaps others) reported these posts. They were deleted, and a mod responded on the thread with the post I'm linking. I think it was the next day that she repeated the same behavior on another goodbye thread of a younger member, I (and perhaps others) reported it, it was immediately deleted, and she was banned minutes later.

I hear you that you're unhappy with her being banned. It's understandable when you've received kindness. But her actions toward others were not always received that way. If you read the thread I linked to, the member who was going to ctb was absolutely wigging out and threatening to leave the site, and it was in direct response to what was deleted, and maybe to some of what was not deleted, there are still posts left on that thread. You can read for yourself and make your own judgement about it.

I'll step out of this discussion now. I wanted to answer your question and support the assertions I've made as it seems from the recent posts here that they were in question.
I frankly haven't got the energy right now to read any of her posts. If the mods feel they were in violation then maybe they took the right decision.

I am sad because now I can't speak with someone who spoke so kindly with me here.

RIP @faust You were another person who struck me as being a genuinely nice person based on our limited interactions here.

I hope you found peace.

Last edited:
StrokeMyEgoBaby

StrokeMyEgoBaby

I would like to know what happened to @Blu_1
Has he self-banned or what’s the situation?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wayfaerer Metaphysics Discussion Offtopic 65
D Discussion conspiracy related and apolitical discussion on the american elections Offtopic 23