The problem of understanding and imagining god.

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
IsadoraBeauxdraps

IsadoraBeauxdraps

would like to follow that butterfly
Aug 23, 2019
France
Hi Ish,

Of course we could still evolve, if we don’t destroy ourselves before. Humanity evolve in technology, but not really in the potential of our mind. We’re still too much locked in a box.

Thanks for my avatar, yes I’m romantic, maybe sometimes too much :ohhhh:

Reactions: Baskol1 and ish
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
Here's my problem with any mainstream religion at the moment whether it be Abrahamic, Hindu or any of them. Seem a few thousand years ago God or the gods depending on your faith, were really active. Burning bushes, sending angels to deliver messages because whatsapp wasnt around yet, prophets galore and whole bunch of other stuff. What have we had in the past 2000 years? Nothing, nada, zilch and the answerphone. So if he destroyed Sodom and Gomorah for being wicked places, then technically he should be striking down every major city on this planet. If there was ever a time that he should make a little call to us has been in the past 300 years with the atrocities that humanity has done to itself. Maybe send an emissary with a "People, we need to sit down and have a conversation" thing. And that goes for all religions

ish

ish

Wise
Jul 20, 2019
Łódź(boat,ships) Poland
Hi Ish,

Of course we could still evolve, if we don’t destroy ourselves before. Humanity evolve in technology, but not really in the potential of our mind. We’re still too much locked in a box.

Thanks for my avatar, yes I’m romantic, maybe sometimes too much :ohhhh:
When people still believed that the earth was flat
the horizons seemed limitless and endless.
At the time of discovery and recognition of the fact that the earth
is a lump similar to a ball turned out,
that we are in a trap with no way out.
The 60s, 70s and 80s of the 20th century and our conquest of space
run out. Telecommunications satellites, prose
science fiction, film productions, futurology, UFOs
that's the only thing humanity can afford. For now, science and atheism in this way they build FAITH of people in illusory possibilities.
And not only Pharaohs to strengthen faith in "the state
of the dead "built monumental monuments and created
the "media" industry for this purpose.
The possibilities of the human mind (consciousness) depend on
the senses. Applying the theory of evolution to human
he developed new possibilities - additional senses
it takes a lot of time.
Technology is another box in a box.

ish

ish

Wise
Jul 20, 2019
Łódź(boat,ships) Poland
Here's my problem with any mainstream religion at the moment whether it be Abrahamic, Hindu or any of them. Seem a few thousand years ago God or the gods depending on your faith, were really active. Burning bushes, sending angels to deliver messages because whatsapp wasnt around yet, prophets galore and whole bunch of other stuff. What have we had in the past 2000 years? Nothing, nada, zilch and the answerphone. So if he destroyed Sodom and Gomorah for being wicked places, then technically he should be striking down every major city on this planet. If there was ever a time that he should make a little call to us has been in the past 300 years with the atrocities that humanity has done to itself. Maybe send an emissary with a "People, we need to sit down and have a conversation" thing. And that goes for all religions
The story of Sodom and Gomorrah (סדום ועמורה) is
supplement to the Commandment(לא תנאף) - Do not cause anger.
It is a specific imposition of TABU on other sexual relations
than marital(including incest) and other than for procreation purposes.
Humanity has always been cruel to each other. This is due to
from our survival instinct. Ever man is so small
micro-space. The more God in each of us (self-awareness)
the better we understand ourselves and other people (surroundings).
There are many emissaries, but so far particularism is dominating.
Will it ever rise and be a signpost to humanity
something like Religion (Science) - Universalism Of The Earth?.................?..........

symbolika-jpg.16097

IsadoraBeauxdraps

IsadoraBeauxdraps

would like to follow that butterfly
Aug 23, 2019
France
The construction of any buildings requires knowledge of GEOMETRY.
Göbekli Tepe, Turkey, around 10,000 BC
From what I remember, isn’t it the most ancient known civilization ?
Beautiful monument.

JulienSorel

JulienSorel

Aug 28, 2019
I think that God is just a term we use for what a group of people views as the idea way to behave, and the idea of heaven and hell is quite simply how your community regards you.

It is possible to measure the collective good and bad of a society versus another, and in some ways measure the quality of one God versus another.

However, artists are true Gods, and few live long enough in this world. Only Christian teachings contain the stories of Jesus Christ, and while he did not practice an artistic craft, his act was perfectly artistic and always in absolute respect to the subject matter at hand.

It's sexy being an artist (Jesus knows), but it's a short life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)