The Happiest Moments in your life?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

A

AdiosAmigos

Jan 12, 2020
I always think about the bad memories in life without thinking about the happy memories. Now I’ve been trying to think of the last time I was ever happy and I was at a complete loss for a while. I don’t think I’ve felt happiness in such a long time that my brain just can’t process it. However, I’ve spent a lot of time reflecting and I think I’ve come up with a few. My first happy memory was coming home from Kindergarten one day and my parents surprising me with a cool plastic knight armor set. It was one of the few times my parents seemed happy together and were also not venting their anger and frustrations on me. The knight set became one of my favorite toys too! My other happy memory is catching fireflies in Kansas with my brothers. They’re such beautiful insects and the way they lit up the night was so wonderful.
These are some of my few happy memories that I wanted to share and I wanted to ask you all what have been some of your happy memories?

Stevenstevensteven

Stevenstevensteven

Jun 2, 2020
Austin
I lived through the darkest day yet, on the others side. Knowing I lived to fight another week and it being my choice is the happiest moment of my life. Its what is guiding me

Reactions: AdiosAmigos
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Hikikomori
Apr 13, 2020
Limbo
I've been depressed pretty much all my life so even my happiest moments were filled with depression, anxiety, and insecurity. But getting my own apartment and living with my ex at the time. Traveling abroad to Germany, Belize, and Italy. Karaoke for my birthday last year. Getting drenched in the rain. Going out dancing with former friends. Oh, all the restaurants I used to eat at because I was a bit of a foodie.

I have a lot of good memories from the recent years. Unfortunately my declining mental health and my inability to cope with loss this past year has made it as if those things never happened. Was nice while it lasted

SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
United Kingdom
I remember getting with a woman that I'd been so uncertain about, wondering if it was ever going to happen, and finally getting with her was momentary bliss. Then I remember a holiday to France to pursue parkour, and living in the warm weather, meeting great people and my heroes alike, and feeling how perfect it all was. Then I'd remark on a few dating successes, where, after being shy and inept, I finally became intimate with some women I considered to be really attractive.

Bearing in mind this all took place in the same five year time span, circulating around the age of 24.

J

Joxalldaita

Ender of all
Jun 12, 2020
Like you, the bad memories are much easier to recall than any happiness and I've forgotten how it feels due to anhedonia. I saw it said somewhere that you need 10 positive experiences to make up for 1 negative one. Or 10 compliments to every 1 criticism to have a healthy loving relationship.

I mourn for a childhood free of knowledge of the barbarism of the world. And for people I found comfort in.

I experience euphoria during manic episodes. It's the only time I ever feel good, but it's not a good thing to happen to me. Still, when I come off that bipolar high, I grieve intensely for the loss of the happiness. It's like knowing ultimate bliss and then being ripped away from it forever.

Better to have loved and lost? No, because the grieving is unbearable.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
UK
1986-2003 fine. 2004-present might as well have not happened. It pains me to look back on in a way those earlier years do not. A life of two halves definitely.

S

Shamana

Elementalist
May 31, 2019
When I visited my guru's home for the first time and found out he was my guru and pointed out the nature of my mind.

TimeToBiteTheDust

TimeToBiteTheDust

If you can't fix what's broken you'll go insane.
Nov 7, 2019
This may sound weird but I feel "a little happy" when I play music. It's like a find light in my darkness. But I won't be really happy again. I know how it really felt but I won't come back to that state of mind never again. I am not able to. People tell me I'm bitter and sad but it's the way my body reacts and shows itself for all the shit I've been through.

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
The happiest moments I have are with my carer which is why I talk about him alot. He was the first person to show me love and that I felt safe with. One of my favourite memories is helping him fix his car and him teaching me the basics. Something that I've always wished my biological did but I don't have relationship with them.

Baguette

Baguette

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
The happpiest moment of my life was when I first visited America on holiday as a 10 year old, the way my parents had hyped up New York in particular I thought it was a magical land. Then when I walked out of the airport and felt warm rain on my skin for the first time ever(we only ever get cold rain in Scotland). That was the best time of my life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Walking to his death: Last moments of Seoul mayor as he set off to kill himself Suicide Discussion 10
E Life insurance premiums Suicide Discussion 2
TheEndIsNigh31 [Venting] Why is the UK so anti suicide. My life, my choice, what about my happiness Suicide Discussion 28
SummerDreamer Anyone else only feel 'normal' when they're planning/thinking about their suicide, then when everyday life happens feel majorly depressed? Suicide Discussion 9
S The life rejecting philosopher Suicide Discussion 6
Whitewash11235814 Life is a poor construct. Suicide Discussion 9
red_pen [Venting] life is so sad Suicide Discussion 1
Thinking [Help] My life is ruled by guilt Suicide Discussion 5
TimeToBiteTheDust Life is not for me Suicide Discussion 2
virginiawoolf86 Book of Life Suicide Discussion 1
Susannah I feel so alone in my life Suicide Discussion 5
B So unbelievably bored of life Suicide Discussion 13
D Hello... Wishing I could tell the people in my life Suicide Discussion 2
DeathIsTheWayOut99 Are some of us meant to be used and abused for life? Suicide Discussion 12
N Questions about life insurance Suicide Discussion 1
KuRsAnI Does anyone else want out because they find life boring or tedious? Suicide Discussion 3
TheSoulless [Venting] How am I supposed to enjoy life again? Suicide Discussion 5
joshe The thing about giving up but not dying, is that it makes your life hell Suicide Discussion 2
D [Discussion] If you had a button that just ended your life. Erasing all memories of your loved ones and you just disappear. Suicide Discussion 40
TimeToBiteTheDust "Life is beautiful no matter how hard it is" Suicide Discussion 44
P My life got ruined. Suicide Discussion 7
C Life is too tough and brutal for me Suicide Discussion 1
K Anyone here have anybody in your life who might be ok or even happy once you ctb? Suicide Discussion 29
E [Venting] Life Suicide Discussion 1
B Double life Suicide Discussion 22
E [Story] Life falling apart Suicide Discussion 5
Lara Francis [Help] Temporary exit from life Suicide Discussion 4
_Minsk [Venting] life has been about being excluded Suicide Discussion 1
S Anyone else have a fairly decent life, but still want to ctb? Suicide Discussion 27
Close_to_freedom Anyone else feel that their suicide should be done in part because it would wake up the people in your life? Suicide Discussion 8
rhiino N powder storage life after mixing Suicide Discussion 0
Close_to_freedom Have you felt mostly powerless to decide your path in life because of real or imagined things such as parental influence? Suicide Discussion 8
Jump123 Need the courage to ctb or will life get better by itself :/ Suicide Discussion 0
Close_to_freedom What is it about my childhood abuse fucking my entire life up that people can’t accept? Suicide Discussion 3
Close_to_freedom Is one of your reasons for ctb due to the absurdity of life? Suicide Discussion 18
Y [Venting] BAD life time Suicide Discussion 1
H Life really just isn't fair. Suicide Discussion 0
Green Destiny [Venting] Life is not a contractual obligation. Suicide Discussion 7
I [Venting] all my life needed was a sense of someplace to go Suicide Discussion 3
B Life after 40 Suicide Discussion 12
AngelGirl Koreans use charcoal briquettes to kill themselves. I think this is a very easy way to take your own life. Suicide Discussion 27
InterstateFlowers Hated by life itself Suicide Discussion 2
Close_to_freedom It’s irritating that people say life is short. Suicide Discussion 9
SuiSqueeze92 [Discussion] Life is hard Suicide Discussion 5
coldeyes Another name for life is depression Suicide Discussion 3
Whitewash11235814 Life works like slavery. Suicide Discussion 12
C reducing life expectancy as much as possible Suicide Discussion 32
TimeToBiteTheDust [Venting] I don't give a shit about my life anymore Suicide Discussion 13
E Hate my life Suicide Discussion 9
mx5nb3 [Venting] What do you hate about life? Suicide Discussion 40