Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SS removed from search results in Germany

Coping Wizard

Coping Wizard

>Google
Imagine not using DuckDuckGo

But in all seriousness this is actually pretty scary because the USA and other western countries such as Canada will especially think about censoring SanctionedSuicide because it isn't with their political beliefs or behaviours or that this site, "IsN't PrOgReSsIvE!!!!!!!!!!!"

W

worried_to_death

Illuminated
Wait, so does that mean that you can't access SS at all in germany from a google search engine?
So it's basically darkweb content there now?
How can such censorship be justified? I would expect this from an authoritarian, anti-freedom of information country like china, but not germany.

I think we can expect that most other countries will follow suit.
It's just a matter of time.
What will people do without SS?

Borghesia

Borghesia

mors certa, hora incerta
Wait, so does that mean that you can't access SS at all in germany from a google search engine?
So it's basically darkweb content there now?
I usually associate "darkweb content" with the Tor browser, inaccessible through any normal browser. This isn't the case here. From what I can tell any direct link to "sanctionedsuicide.com" has been removed, but there's still plenty of cross-reference results (other websites mentioning the URL). Also the URL hasn't been blocked by any ISP afaik and is still accessible through any clearweb browser. Germany isn't worse in the censorship regard than, say, the US https://transparencyreport.google.com/government-removals/overview

That's not to say I support the removal, but it's not as bad as one might think.

BeBraveBrother

BeBraveBrother

I'm from germany and I never found SS in the clearnet within the last years although my research for methods was quite extensive.
It was just around 2 weeks ago when I used TOR with duckgo browser.

To the administrators of this website: The highest federal constitutional court in germany ruled in February this year that the former law that prohibited assisted suicide is unconstitutional. This means: Everyone in germany who is clear of mind has a right to use assistance for suicidal acts! This is maybe the most liberal judgment on that topic in the world. I hope that might help a bit.
20200918_024415.jpg
Screenshot_20200918-024201_Chrome.jpg

The article is wrong at one point: The court didn't judge that only terminally or gravely ill persons may use assited suicide. It explained that the right to use assistance for suicide is independent of that.
Screenshot_20200918-025139_Chrome.jpg

Another article on that topic.

Last edited:
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
There are always proxies, VPNs and Tor. This site consists of smart people so I believe they have no trouble bypassing these dumb-ass restrictions.
Obviously getting through or around those restrictions isn't hard at all; but those who just may be looking for information in Germany may not get this website; and therefore choice more violent or ineffective ways to ctb. Like how many came here asking about a pill cocktail?. And we all now that you can't just pick your old gradma pills with ibuprofen and expect it to work. This website is good on avoiding those most likely to fail attempts.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward
Obviously getting through or around those restrictions isn't hard at all; but those who just may be looking for information in Germany may not get this website; and therefore choice more violent or ineffective ways to ctb. Like how many came here asking about a pill cocktail?. And we all now that you can't just pick your old gradma pills with ibuprofen and expect it to work. This website is good on avoiding those most likely to fail attempts.
Oh you're right, yeah, I should have considered this as well. Sorry for being dumb, but I can't do much about it xD

Lilmeowssi

Lilmeowssi

I just want peace
I am from Germany and i can only find this site if i tip in every single letter by myself (including the .de) but it’s been like that for a long time now.

less than

less than

not important
I'm from germany and I never found SS in the clearnet within the last years although my research for methods was quite extensive.
It was just around 2 weeks ago when I used TOR with duckgo browser.

To the administrators of this website: The highest federal constitutional court in germany ruled in February this year that the former law that prohibited assisted suicide is unconstitutional. This means: Everyone in germany who is clear of mind has a right to use assistance for suicidal acts! This is maybe the most liberal judgment on that topic in the world. I hope that might help a bit.
View attachment 44898View attachment 44899
The article is wrong at one point: The court didn't judge that only terminally or gravely ill persons may use assited suicide. It explained that the right to use assistance for suicide is independent of that.
View attachment 44900
Another article on that topic.
Unfortunately, the ruling is currently of no use to anyone in Germany, even not for seriously ill people in extremely exceptional situations. The Federal Ministry of Health generally rejects all applications to acquire N to suicide without checking this on a case-by-case basis. So even terminal ill people from Germany which are looking for assisted suicide, currently they have to go to Switzerland or the Netherlands.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward
'Shut down evil website...' what the fuck?
Yeah, blame depressed people for their depression.... yeah, right, pro-lifers' logic seems legit. Because, you know, life is soo wOnDeRfUl uWu. They really think mental illness is like cutting one's finger? Lol. But the argument 'this site is run by incels!!11!' made me lose my sh*t xD Because, you know, there were few narcissistic assholes who committed a mass murder... of course it is awful, I don't doubt it. But they wanna make everyone think every incel is like them? Meh, I don't wanna say anything more.

A

Alec

Wizard
I’ve seen several pages on the internet, those type of sites that ask for people’s petition to end websites and such, SS is there right next to 13 reasons why.
Jesus fuck! 13 Reasons Why has helped me so much, far more than any of those people could have ever hoped to help me! And this site has helped me in countless ways! Why are these people trying to take away the only things that help us away from us?!