SodiumNitrite

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
T

Tu67

Oct 4, 2019
Seems like everything you would need for this method is readily available online. What is stopping so many from going through the process of actually taking it?

Personally I think I'm scared of what the pain would be and wondering how long it would take to be effective (looks like it could be anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours).

Would doing it together with someone make it easier?

W

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Very small trap
It's called SI. Where does it say a few hours?
Depends on the person, you can use the partners thread.

Reactions: Chantal
T

Tu67

Oct 4, 2019
It's called SI. Where does it say a few hours?
Depends on the person, you can use the partners thread.
I read it on the mega thread I think. Can't exactly remember but I know I say it. Point being that the time of death seems unreliable compared to Nembutal

W

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Very small trap
I read it on the mega thread I think. Can't exactly remember but I know I say it. Point being that the time of death seems unreliable compared to Nembutal
Never seen it, 45 min is about what it takes as far as I know. Death itself takes possibly shorter than N, though drifting off takes maybe 10-15 min more. I remember reading N took many hours in some cases.

B

Belter

Oct 5, 2019
Never seen it, 45 min is about what it takes as far as I know. Death itself takes possibly shorter than N, though drifting off takes maybe 10-15 min more. I remember reading N took many hours in some cases.
As can SN, There is medical docs saying folk have had it reversed a hour after taking SN altho dosage is approx 15g and no idea if other regime where followed.

Heck theres folk on here who have been found and effects reversed after a period of time. Thats of course if there accounts are indeed true.

I have now thankfully got all the items required but still very sceptical on it and would like to hear of more success stories from EI as I assume it is more regimented and verifiable than on here?

R

Rdc

Aug 24, 2019
My Sn arrived today. It felt surreal when I opened up the package and took out the bottle. The meto is going to be harder to obtain. My Survival instinct, fear, and the possibility of failure are going to be the main obstacles that are going to keep me from taking the Sn. Dying is not easy.

W

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Very small trap
My Sn arrived today. It felt surreal when I opened up the package and took out the bottle. The meto is going to be harder to obtain. My Survival instinct, fear, and the possibility of failure are going to be the main obstacles that are going to keep me from taking the Sn. Dying is not easy.
Nah, SI is terrible.

JimFord99

JimFord99

Elementalist
Aug 18, 2019
United Kingdom
No, you are right, it is not. But neither is living or staying alive.
Probably the most off putting things of taking SN is taste, effect and failure f you do it wrong.

Dystopia

Dystopia

Veteran
Jul 22, 2019
UK
Personally the regimen seems very necessary for SN and pre planning a date two days in advance just won’t work for me. Metoclopramide has bad side effects for me at 10mg so 30mg as the last dose will be even worse.

Fortunately I have N now so a stat dose of 30 with no regimen will be a lot easier to do impulsively with no planning.

It was also apparent to me how weak minded I am after having SN and having to bare the side effects before passing out doesn’t seem a nice thought to me (even though they’re generally mild.)

C

Chantal

Oct 5, 2019
As can SN, There is medical docs saying folk have had it reversed a hour after taking SN altho dosage is approx 15g and no idea if other regime where followed.

Heck theres folk on here who have been found and effects reversed after a period of time. Thats of course if there accounts are indeed true.

I have now thankfully got all the items required but still very sceptical on it and would like to hear of more success stories from EI as I assume it is more regimented and verifiable than on here?
I don't know why most people who are trying suicide don't go to a hotel room, where they can choose not to be disturbed for a long time, decreasing the chances of being rescued and having the effects of SN reversed. It's much safer to ctb in a hotel room. You can choose to go to a hotel in another city if you want to be discreet and preserve your family.

Last edited:
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't know why most people who are trying suicide don't go to a hotel room, where they can choose not to be disturbed for a long time, decreasing the chances of being rescued and having the effects of SN reversed. It's much safer to ctb in a hotel room. You can choose to go to a hotel in another city if you want to be discreet and preserve your family.
Some don't have the money or means. Some don't have the mobility. Some don't have the strength to leave their home.

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wise
Sep 13, 2019
Pandora
If they do vomit and survive, it would be harder to deal with. Having the strength to get in a cab and go home after surviving seems like it might be very hard. Extreme weakness and nausea probably, maybe diarrhea also.

Last edited:
H

HellLife2

Oct 1, 2019
They will probably pass out after vomiting. SN is not a joke. You don’t just vomit and go home in a cab.

Reactions: woxihuanni
C

Chantal

Oct 5, 2019
If they do vomit and survive, it would be harder to deal with. Having the strength to get in a cab and go home after surviving seems like it might be very hard. Extreme weakness and nausea probably, maybe diarrhea also.
You, @Stan and @HellLife2 are right. I was insensitive.

But in many cases, it is very important to have great preparation to prevent rescue, and a hotel (or motel, or inn) may be a good option.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
You, @Stan and @HellLife2 are right. I was insensitive.

But in many cases, it is very important to have great preparation to prevent rescue, and a hotel (or motel, or inn) may be a good option.
I wouldn't say you were insensitive. You were pointing out that the fact of not being caught or interrupted during the method should be a key point of everyone's plan and you gave a suggestion.

Crystal Labeija

Crystal Labeija

Veteran
Jun 3, 2019
If death becomes an option, we will have a global revolution!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nobodysfault Suicide Discussion 1