[Resource] SN megathread

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
alexithymia

alexithymia

Veteran
Sep 18, 2019
Where did the myth that SN causes blindness come from anyway?

Just to ensure I'm not spreading misinformation, I've seen a couple users talk about it but it doesn't appear to be true. I don't want to freak people out.

Last edited:
U

umniak

Jan 13, 2019
Hello all! I have been lurking on this thread for some time, and I have read all 160 pages, as well as the PPeH and everything else I could find on the topic. I am a safety inspector and hazmat coordinator by trade, so it is in my nature to be as informed and as thorough as possible. That being said, I have decided to share my regimen and plan, at the mercy of the general consensus.

I live in NorCal (in the US), and I have come to the conclusion that the safest course of action is to reserve a campground for the day I plan to CTB through 2 days past the day I plan to CTB. The time of year means that there should not be many people around my campsite, and no one should come looking for me until at least 2 days past my planned ingestion of SN. I have purchased and received 2 different brands of SN. My primary brand will the the popular LoudWolf brand available in the US. Should this fail, I have also purchased SN from Duda Energy and I will ingest an additional 15g of this product should the LoudWolf brand prove to be ineffective. I do not anticipate this happening but I thought it wise to have a backup source of SN on hand, just in case.

For the record, I am extremely thin, around 115lbs (52kg). For this reason, I believe that 15g of SN should be more than enough for me. If it proves to be too much, which I also considered as possible, I am relying on the relatively remote location of my campsite being enough to keep anyone from noticing any sounds I may cause from vomiting, seizing, or crying out in pain.

Please correct me if you see anything out of sorts:

11 October (Friday)
2300: start fast (no food, liquids (alcohol) ok)

12 October (Saturday)
0530: 10mg Primperan
1330: 10mg Primperan
2130: 10mg Primperan

13 October (Sunday)
1200: start total fast (only water)
2130: 30mg Primperan

14 October (Monday)
1430: head to campground
2130: 20-30mg Primperan
2145: 800mg Tagamet
2150: 1000mg Ibuprofen(?)
2230: 15-20g SN in 75-100mL water

I wish to fast for 72 hours for meditative reasons. I often fast in times of distress and so this is a personal choice for me, as it will be calming for me. I know that physiologically you do not need to fast for more than 8 hours, so do not read my schedule and feel pressured to fast for more than 8 hours.

My biggest question is regarding the use of ibuprofen or other OTC painkillers. I have seen a few posts about ibuprofen in particular increasing the chance of gastric distress. Can anyone confirm or deny? I would like to take some precaution against probable headache, and I do not wish to seek out benzos or other prescription painkillers/sedatives.

Additionally, I would like to offer as support to those afraid of seizures: I used to have seizures as a teenager, and I can assure you that they are NOT painful. You will not know they are happening. When you become conscious after a seizure, you will remember nothing. You will wake up from the seizure merely confused. Please do not be afraid.

Please feel free to PM me regarding any questions, if you do not feel comfortable asking them in this thread. I am very glad to be part of this welcoming community.
Why are you taking 20-30mg of Meto on day 2? From my understanding you only need to take the 30mg dose an hour before you ingest the SN. Could you PM as well so your response does not get lost in the thread. Thank You, Umniak

onlyinsleep

onlyinsleep

I can see their faces
Jun 3, 2019
I have domperidone and Tagamet+SN. I heard someone say Tagamet won't work with it. If so, what do I need instead? I need to CTB in the next few days and I'll do a live thread if it helps, but want to minimize discomfort. Don't want meto. Thanks!

T

TheRealEndgame

Jun 9, 2019
Will domperidone and ondansetron together be at least as effective as meto?

B

Belter

Oct 5, 2019
Is SN easily obtained in the UK? Most places I look are for business use only

Roger

Roger

Wizard
May 11, 2019
UK
I am uneasy about the frequently quoted claims that SN poisoning is totally reversible.

It seems true that the correct antidote acts very quickly when administered.

However, as we all know in the case of SN poisoning, death occurs due to the nitrite component chemically altering the blood so that it cannot carry and release the oxygen required by the brain.

So the brain cells start to die.

Surely, at some late point, before death, the patient can still be resuscitated after some cells have been damaged beyond recovery ?

Depending on the degree of damage this must mean that the attempt at death fails, but with the possibility of mental and/or physical impairment.

Reactions: Chantal
D

Dubs

Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
I am uneasy about the frequently quoted claims that SN poisoning is totally reversible.

It seems true that the correct antidote acts very quickly when administered.

However, as we all know in the case of SN poisoning, death occurs due to the nitrite component chemically altering the blood so that it cannot carry and release the oxygen required by the brain.

So the brain cells start to die.

Surely, at some late point, before death, the patient can still be resuscitated after some cells have been damaged beyond recovery ?

Depending on the degree of damage this must mean that the attempt at death fails, but with the possibility of mental and/or physical impairment.
I agree that according to that logic it is theoretically possible, but according to data we have 0 known cases of permanent impairment. The risk is very much worth taking given our current knowledge.
I mean I could have a stroke right now and have permanent mental impairment, it is probably about the same likelihood.

Reactions: Stan
Roger

Roger

Wizard
May 11, 2019
UK
I agree that according to that logic it is theoretically possible, but according to data we have 0 known cases of permanent impairment. The risk is very much worth taking given our current knowledge.
I mean I could have a stroke right now and have permanent mental impairment, it is probably about the same likelihood.
I agree with you.

Somewhere in all the reams of posts, attachments and the like I have seen an authoritative observation that stroke is a possible complication of the effects of SN poisoning.

IMHO anybody who is not serious should not make a demonstration based on the assumption that there will definitely not be any lasting damage.
And whilst I am at it:-

I had been waiting for an EI update on the SN method. Whilst there is absolutely no doubt of the fatal potential, I was keen to know details of any more observed cases.
Alas, there seem to be none, though a further drug has been added to the increasing pharmacopeia which is now recommended (propranolol, to minimise tachycardia.) How many more things are in the pipeline ?

But it's not this I want to address here; it's the steadily increasing dose of SN that is recommended with almost every PPH update. It's now 25gm, 35 if you weigh more than 100kg/224lb.
This indicates to me that previous recommendations for much smaller doses have been shown to be ineffective - why increase the dose if otherwise ?
"Ineffective" must mean failure, so where are the accounts of these failures ?

Last edited:
D

Dubs

Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
I agree with you.

Somewhere in all the reams of posts, attachments and the like I have seen an authoritative observation that stroke is a possible complication of the effects of SN poisoning.

IMHO anybody who is not serious should not make a demonstration based on the assumption that there will definitely not be any lasting damage.

I had been waiting for an EI update on the SN method. Whilst there is absolutely no doubt of the fatal potential, I was keen to know details of any more observed cases.
Alas, there seem to be none, though a further drug has been added to the increasing pharmacopeia which is now recommended (propranolol, to minimise tachycardia.) How many more things are in the pipeline ?

But it's not this I want to address here; it's the steadily increasing dose of SN that is recommended with almost every PPH update. It's now 25gm, 35 if you weigh more than 100kg/224lb.
This indicates to me that previous recommendations for much smaller doses have been shown to be ineffective - why increase the dose if otherwise ?
Yeah that is a good question, can anyone get an answer from EI? Ineffective could be an extended time until passing out, discomfort while passing out, or an extended time until death. I also suspect the increased dosage is to guarantee comfort and fatality even if you vomit half of it up. If you inject 5g or whatever, it should be lethal, with 35 grams you can vomit half of it up, have some food in your stomach, have extra hemoglobin, and still have a successful exit.

Reactions: Raggas
Roger

Roger

Wizard
May 11, 2019
UK
Yeah that is a good question, can anyone get an answer from EI? Ineffective could be an extended time until passing out, discomfort while passing out, or an extended time until death. I also suspect the increased dosage is to guarantee comfort and fatality even if you vomit half of it up. If you inject 5g or whatever, it should be lethal, with 35 grams you can vomit half of it up, have some food in your stomach, have extra hemoglobin, and still have a successful exit.
I'll go with that.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
I personally Have said a few times that taking SN with a known or unknown underlying health problems could cause risks. Every method near enough has risk attached to it. For a number of the 'failed attempt' stories, regardless of following the regimen or size of dose, one thing is common. They were found or interrupted. If this isn't a key part of the planning, then that increases the chance of failure.

Being a cynic, I think one of the reasons why the dose is being increased is to keep the PPH updated every 6 months so people continue to subscribe to the latest 'best way'. But looking at the amount of SN now being suggested, its way above the recognised limit for fatality. As well as the latest addition to the regimen which for me is a nice to have rather than don't do t if you have not got it.

Reactions: Mainlænder
R

Rdc

Aug 24, 2019
I just ordered some SN from a reputable online retailer and now need to obtain some meto. I heard ADC can be used to obtain meto without a prescription. Has anyone ordered from them? Are they legit when it comes to ordering medicine? My main concern is I’m purchasing a sugar pill. Also they ask for phone number. Can I order from them without giving them my number? Do they always call to confirm the order? Thanks.

W

welshie84

-
Jul 17, 2019
uk
I have had my reservations about this method, since there’s less oxygen being passed around the body surely tissue starts dying. My friend injected anti depressants into a vein in his one arm , he got found, but his fingers died and fell off due to lack of oxygen flow. I really don’t believe there’s no lasting damage, if found. I guess it depends on how quick your found after ingestion to how quick your put onto oxygen

KiraLittleOwl

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
I am finally home...
Where I can order SN, I found one on ebay but they don't ship to my country.

R

Rdc

Aug 24, 2019
I am finally home...
Where I can order SN, I found one on ebay but they don't ship to my country.
Which country are you from? In the USA it is very easy to order and readily available. The meto is harder to get because it is by prescription only in USA.

KiraLittleOwl

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Which country are you from? In the USA it is very easy to order and readily available. The meto is harder to get because it is by prescription only in USA.
I am from Israel

H

HellLife2

Oct 1, 2019
I agree with you.

Where does EI recommend 25gm of SN now? Link? It’s not in the latest PPH. Is there a link to a video?

Roger

Roger

Wizard
May 11, 2019
UK
Where does EI recommend 25gm of SN now? Link? It’s not in the latest PPH. Is there a link to a video?
As I can't access PPeH any more, I will have to throw open the answer to that question, but it has been fairly widely mentioned in Forum recently. Here's one mention -
The latest PPeH update recommends 25g SN for the average person + 2g Propanolol (to prevent increased heart rate from compensating the oxygen deprivation).

G

GlowingCactus

Veteran
Oct 19, 2018
France
I guess when you say it's not in the latest PPH, you mean not in the latest available on this forum which is not the latest.

I haven't been able to read the latest edition myself but if you go to the official website of the Peaceful Pill Handbook and click on free preview, you can use the search feature on the top right and if you search for "25 gm", you'll see that on page 151 it says "25 gm is dissolved into 50 - 100 ml of water. The taste is salty and..."

This is clearly from the Lethal Inorganic Salts chapter which goes from page 134 to 163. And it's obvious it's about Sodium Nitrite as the amount required for Sodium Cyanide and Sodium Azide is much lower.

Here's a screenshot showing the evidence I described :
25 gm.png

Last edited:
H

HellLife2

Oct 1, 2019
I guess when you say it's not in the latest PPH, you mean not in the latest available on this forum which is not the latest.

I haven't been able to read the latest edition myself but if you go to the official website of the Peaceful Pill Handbook and click on free preview, you can use the search feature on the top right and if you search for "25 gm", you'll see that on page 151 it says "25 gm is dissolved into 50 - 100 ml of water. The taste is salty and..."

This is clearly from the Lethal Inorganic Salts chapter which goes from page 134 to 163. And it's obvious it's about Sodium Nitrite as the amount required for Sodium Cyanide and Sodium Azide is much lower.

Here's a screenshot showing the evidence I described :
View attachment 17211
I see. Does anyone have that chapter to show the way pages? I guess the one here is from 2018? That’s nuts that they upped the dose by 10g in a year...I wonder why. Many here still go by 15g.

G

GlowingCactus

Veteran
Oct 19, 2018
France
I guess the one here is from 2018? That’s nuts that they upped the dose by 10g in a year...I wonder why. Many here still go by 15g.
The one here is from March 2019. It might be that 15g is enough to reliably end life and that the recommendation of 25g is more to speed up the process of dying. I don't know, I'm merely speculating.

Reactions: HellLife2
ThatIsTheQuestion

ThatIsTheQuestion

Aug 4, 2019
I see. Does anyone have that chapter to show the way pages? I guess the one here is from 2018? That’s nuts that they upped the dose by 10g in a year...I wonder why. Many here still go by 15g.
I can't find it online anymore, but Nitschke's last livestream for EI (before Oct 5) also very specifically says 25 grams.

S

strangecreature

-
Sep 23, 2019
Today I bought Famotidine (Pepcid), because it's the only available otc H2 antagonist acid regulator here. I did some reading about this drug, and I wonder why it's not mentioned more. It does the same job as ranitidine or cimetidine (in fact it's stronger than those drugs), and it has no interactions with other drugs, unlike cimetidine. (According to Wikipedia)

If everything goes well, I'm going to ctb this weekend using Sn, meto and this drug as an acid regulator. The only thing I'm not sure about is the dosage. I think I'm going to take 4 10 mg pills.

Attachments

Last edited:
S

spiderman_32

Sep 2, 2019
I can't find a way to get meto, since its prescription only. Can someone recommend an alternative that is more available, or perhaps someone in the uk has bought some already, and is willing to share through post some meto with me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 15)

• Chronic pain
  • Slate128
  • Mainlænder
  • rik
  • JSauter
  • akita
  • PeachyHead
  • peacetoall
  • Meppitech
  • trynacbt
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Suicide Discussion 4