[Resource] SN megathread

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Veteran
Sep 28, 2019
That's really down to the individual and their constitution. I read somewhere that people used to purposefully drink salty water to make them vomit. So I guess there is that to think upon. Not a single report of any lasting damage from people who recovered from SN poisoning in the medical records I have seen. If the beta blocker gives you problems, then don't. A majority (if not everyone) of those who recorded their regimen never took it.
I somewhere read about blindness after unsuccessful attempt can you tell me if it was true and it actually happened or someone made it up? I think you somewhere answered it's BS but just making sure.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
I somewhere read about blindness after unsuccessful attempt can you tell me if it was true and it actually happened or someone made it up? I think you somewhere answered it's BS but just making sure.
I did have to laugh out loud as I'd love to know how and why this still goes around. Apparently a user did report going blind and I can't state whether its true or not. But what I can say is if you look outside of this forum and look at the real medical resources, they do list possible symptoms - blindness in any shape or form, temporary or permanent, is not one of them

Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Veteran
Sep 28, 2019
I did have to laugh out loud as I'd love to know how and why this still goes around. Apparently a user did report going blind and I can't state whether its true or not. But what I can say is if you look outside of this forum and look at the real medical resources, they do list possible symptoms - blindness in any shape or form, temporary or permanent, is not one of them
I think someone there wrote he went temporaly blind but maybe it was just because he went unconscious or w/e.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
I think someone there wrote he went temporaly blind but maybe it was just because he went unconscious or w/e.
Could be. With low blood pressure, which SN will give you - fainting (which not at all a bad thing for this) can happen. Make sure you are in a relaxed position (bed or easy chair) when you take it because i have seen people faint with low blood pressure and they don't often see it coming.

Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Veteran
Sep 28, 2019
Since I am maniacally and childishly thrilled with how we go looking like a smurf, I wish this mega thread would be renamed to 'Doing a smurf mega thread'. Currently my emotional intelligence and sense of humour is around 2 years old, please don't hate me. :/
Are we really that blue after this method?
After N you look normal ? I know after carbon monoxide you are red so no win aswell.

blankSlate

blankSlate

Sep 17, 2019
Anyone know if drinking water matters before taking SN? I only saw that you shouldn't eat anything for a longer period before and something about not drinking high-acid soda

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
Try and take as little as you can but drinking water does not constitute as breaking your fast. Drink only water and nothing else, especially fruit juice and sodas as they have a high acid levels

Reactions: blankSlate
L

Lolapeeps

Oct 2, 2019
That's really down to the individual and their constitution. I read somewhere that people used to purposefully drink salty water to make them vomit. So I guess there is that to think upon. Not a single report of any lasting damage from people who recovered from SN poisoning in the medical records I have seen. If the beta blocker gives you problems, then don't. A majority (if not everyone) of those who recorded their regimen never took it.
Thank you so much, that was really helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan
D

Dubs

Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
Try and take as little as you can but drinking water does not constitute as breaking your fast. Drink only water and nothing else, especially fruit juice and sodas as they have a high acid levels
What about beer? A few over 8 hours?

L

Lolapeeps

Oct 2, 2019
A few months ago, I bought SN and it has an expiry date of 2023. I had heard that the shelf life should be indefinite. Should we pay attention to the official expiry date shown?

Enabran255

Enabran255

Oct 2, 2019
I bought some recently as well as an insurance measure. Given the increased attention it's been getting from the mainstream media, I figure it's only a matter of time before our ruling class starts making it impossible to get reagent grade SN. I left the bottle sealed and put it in an airtight ziplock bag and am storing it in a dark place. Hopefully it'll last years.

Last edited:
Reactions: woxihuanni
Lethe

Lethe

Just forget about it
Sep 19, 2019
If you're concerned that your SN is expired at the time of ctb, there are testing kits available to measure nitrite and nitrate content ($5 on Amazon).

Raggas

Raggas

Suicide is self expression
Dec 31, 2018
Australia
A few months ago, I bought SN and it has an expiry date of 2023. I had heard that the shelf life should be indefinite. Should we pay attention to the official expiry date shown?
Mine has a best before date too. I asked about this a while back and people said it shouldn't matter as long as it's unopened.

Reactions: dw94 and Lolapeeps
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
Mine has a best before date too. I asked about this a while back and people said it shouldn't matter as long as it's unopened.
Nitrites chemically will eventually turn into a nitrate. Just don't open, leave for excessive time open to air and keep in a dark place at room temperature and you will be fine

Reactions: dw94 and Lolapeeps
L

Lolapeeps

Oct 2, 2019
Out of the reported SN cases, (I think it's 10 so far), do we know if they took the anti-emetics,beta blockers and reflux medicines aswell, or did they just take the SN?

H

HellLife2

Oct 1, 2019
How do you measure the 15-25 grams of SN needed if you get a big 32 oz bottle?

I don’t think I can get meto and I think other non OTC antiemetics wouldn’t get delivered to me. Is SN without antiemetics pointless? Like I can try eBay but if it gets taken there goes my method?

Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Veteran
Sep 28, 2019
How do you measure the 15-25 grams of SN needed if you get a big 32 oz bottle?

I don’t think I can get meto and I think other non OTC antiemetics wouldn’t get delivered to me. Is SN without antiemetics pointless? Like I can try eBay but if it gets taken there goes my method?
you can use the capsules to reduce the risk of vomiting

H

HellLife2

Oct 1, 2019
you can use the capsules to reduce the risk of vomiting
Ok how do I know how much to put in each capsules and where to buy blank pill capsules?

I don’t see why Benadryl won’t work. It’s listed by mayo clinic for nausea and vomiting. Also Compro.

Last edited:
H

HellLife2

Oct 1, 2019
people have vomited using capsules. It is not a guarantee. Also will take longer to start working but it has been a viable option for some who have passed

Cheap set of scales and a kitchen utensil watering jug
Will Benadryl or gravol help? Anything OTC? Getting RX anti emetics online isn’t possible cuz no prescription.

Hurry

Hurry

Mind-Inert
Sep 20, 2019
Just antiemetics and reflux meds regimen and then the SN
I saw that you know a lot about the SN method, I also tried to learn as much as possible because it is my method for CTB. I gradually bought the necessary elements, but I still have an uncertainty ...

For no doubt, I want to secure my SN method using a second method together.
I can use an exit bag (just the bag, no gas or other), or use a partial hanging but I hesitate, what do you think is the best combination?

(I'm bad in English sorry if it's sometimes incomprehensible)

Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Veteran
Sep 28, 2019
people have vomited using capsules. It is not a guarantee. Also will take longer to start working but it has been a viable option for some who have passed

Cheap set of scales and a kitchen utensil watering jug
to reduce the risk of vomiting...so it means you still can vomit but there is lesser chance.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
Will Benadryl or gravol help? Anything OTC? Getting RX anti emetics online isn’t possible cuz no prescription.
What country are you in?
For no doubt, I want to secure my SN method using a second method together.
I can use an exit bag (just the bag, no gas or other), or use a partial hanging but I hesitate, what do you think is the best combination?
I have done no research in doing two methods at the same time. My opinion is to concentrate on one method, prepare the best that you can. Doing many things at the same time can lead to mistakes in my opinion. SN can make you drowsy and perhaps faint if you already suffer from low blood pressure fairly quickly

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurry
H

HellLife2

Oct 1, 2019
What country are you in?

I have done no research in doing two methods at the same time. My opinion is to concentrate on one method, prepare the best that you can. Doing many things at the same time can lead to mistakes in my opinion. SN can make you drowsy and perhaps faint if you already suffer from low blood pressure fairly quickly
I’m in North America

hadenoughthanks

hadenoughthanks

wishing for an apocalypse
Oct 3, 2019
Uk
is this method painless or peaceful? i cant seem to find any information on this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 13)

• Chronic pain
  • Slate128
  • Mainlænder
  • rik
  • JSauter
  • akita
  • PeachyHead
  • peacetoall
  • Meppitech
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Suicide Discussion 4
Sanctioned Suicide Recovery 11