[Resource] SN megathread

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage nor aid suicide, and the information offered here is for educational purposes only. For more information visit our FAQ.
    If you are in need of immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
J

jake3d

Ascended
May 29, 2019
Europe
Weed is an antiemetic, yes, but for this method you cannot rely on it as the only one. I've looked up moxastine and it appears to be a substance related to dyphenhydramine, not strong enough for this purpose. The only antiemetics known to work for any of the poisoning methods are metoclopramide and domperidone.

sólstafir

sólstafir

Wise
Nov 1, 2018
I've been trying to cut myself to get blood for testing my SN, but I just can't hurt myself to the point of bleeding. That's gross but I guess I have to wait until my periods will start :D.

R

Roger

Master
May 11, 2019
UK
She was my brothers but I'd walk her whenever possible buy her treats and stuff help with vet bills and what not but unfortunately we had to put her down she had epilepsy and we tried everything for her but it kept getting worse and worse, what made you ask that?
I’m a Rottie fan

Reactions: xBazzL
O

Oblivion Lover

Wise
May 30, 2019
Brazil
Not sure if this has been posted before. Looks like a medical report on someone who took 15g SN and was taken to Hospital. Recovered and discharged after 7 days with no after affects.

Heh, the public healthcare doctors in Brazil are so useless that I would be long dead before they figured out whatever was wrong with me. Patient's got a broken bone? Treat him with intravenous saline solution. Patient's having trouble giving birth? Treat her with saline solution. Patient's blue and not breathing? Saline solution all the way! Seriously, even dr. Google is better at diagnosing than doctors from this place. No wonder the population makes jokes about the initials of the name of our healthcare system.
On a more serious note, that's a very interesting article. It makes it clear that brain damage with SN is possible if the person is "saved" too late. Most people seem to not consider that possibility. I don't remember it being mentioned in the PPH.

P

Purple777

Jun 10, 2019
Heh, the public healthcare doctors in Brazil are so useless that I would be long dead before they figured out whatever was wrong with me. Patient's got a broken bone? Treat him with intravenous saline solution. Patient's having trouble giving birth? Treat her with saline solution. Patient's blue and not breathing? Saline solution all the way! Seriously, even dr. Google is better at diagnosing than doctors from this place. No wonder the population makes jokes about the initials of the name of our healthcare system.
On a more serious note, that's a very interesting article. It makes it clear that brain damage with SN is possible if the person is "saved" too late. Most people seem to not consider that possibility. I don't remember it being mentioned in the PPH.
That really sucks. I know healthcare is something every country should really prioritize but doesn’t . Whether they are not qualified/informed or money is just the priority. But regarding that link, if he wasn’t saved, would he have died or would he have still survive eventually with no medical help? Like you said, surviving with possibly brain damage or some sort

Reactions: Oblivion Lover
O

Oblivion Lover

Wise
May 30, 2019
Brazil
That really sucks. I know healthcare is something every country should really prioritize but doesn’t . Whether they are not qualified/informed or money is just the priority. But regarding that link, if he wasn’t saved, would he have died or would he have still survive eventually with no medical help? Like you said, surviving with possibly brain damage or some sort
I'm not sure, but I highly doubt he would have survived on his own without medical help after taking 15 grams of Sn, specially considering that his methemoglobin level was already extremely high and his body was unable to turn it back to hemoglobin without help from methylene blue.

C

cybertronian03111999

Jul 5, 2019
What are the chances of this method working if I have a 2-3hour window of not being discovered after consuming SN? Is that long enough for me to be in a "beyond saving" stage?

Michelle

Michelle

Jun 5, 2019
US
What are the chances of this method working if I have a 2-3hour window of not being discovered after consuming SN? Is that long enough for me to be in a "beyond saving" stage?
3 or more hun
I know someone who was left alone for 3 hrs and she passed but she followed the 2 day regimen

C

cybertronian03111999

Jul 5, 2019
Okay so what's the minimum time I should practically keep in hand to know this will work?(and does this time depend on the SN dosage?) I have no issue with the pain, but I'd really hate to go through all that and then wake up maybe the next day in a hospital ward.

Michelle

Michelle

Jun 5, 2019
US
Okay so what's the minimum time I should practically keep in hand to know this will work?(and does this time depend on the SN dosage?) I have no issue with the pain, but I'd really hate to go through all that and then wake up maybe the next day in a hospital ward.
Most say to take 15 g in 1 and 15 g in another bottle just in case and take benzo's before or some sleeping pills

Renewal

Renewal

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
You would still need the anti-emetics, because if you throw up immediately, you will wake up. Also, to speed up absorption, you would want to take the antacid.

Last edited:
bluesky1972-2019

bluesky1972-2019

Veteran
May 21, 2019
Well I’m not sure if this was a good test. But just dissolved 20g table salt in 100ml water and drank it to see if I could stomach it as a trial for SN. Obviously didn’t follow any other part of the regime. But it’s stayed down. Don’t feel like throwing up either.

Reactions: comatose
Renewal

Renewal

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
Well I’m not sure if this was a good test. But just dissolved 20g table salt in 100ml water and drank it to see if I could stomach it as a trial for SN. Obviously didn’t follow any other part of the regime. But it’s stayed down. Don’t feel like throwing up either.
That is a bit too much, so it would be better to get rid of it.
Also:
Hypernatremia, a blood sodium level above 145 mEq/L, causes thirst, and due to brain cell shrinkage may cause confusion, muscle twitching or spasms. With severe elevation, seizures and comas may occur. Death can be caused by ingestion of large amounts of salt at a time (about 1 g per kg of body weight).Deaths have also been caused by use of salt solutions as emetics, typically after suspected poisoning.

bluesky1972-2019

bluesky1972-2019

Veteran
May 21, 2019
That is a bit too much, so it would be better to get rid of it.
Also:
I read online about the amounts that would harm or kill a human. It says an average person weighing 80kg would need to ingest 240g table salt to have a 50% chance of death. So I’m no where near that. Feel absolutely fine.

bluesky1972-2019

bluesky1972-2019

Veteran
May 21, 2019
As long as you feel OK. But keep some water handy. NaCl is a nasty thing.
Yeah I’ve eaten and drank after. It was purely a test to see if I could actually drink something that tastes so salty. Obviously should be similar taste to SN. Downed it in 2 gulps. So might be a good method for me?

Renewal

Renewal

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
Yeah I’ve eaten and drank after. It was purely a test to see if I could actually drink something that tastes so salty. Obviously should be similar taste to SN. Downed it in 2 gulps. So might be a good method for me?
Probably, yes. But still with the anti-e and antacid. Human body tries to reject anything harmful and repair any damage. So the response to SN may be different.

bluesky1972-2019

bluesky1972-2019

Veteran
May 21, 2019
Probably, yes. But still with the anti-e and antacid. Human body tries to reject anything harmful and repair any damage. So the response to SN may be different.
Yes true and obviously you know you’ve ingested something that will kill you. So definitely harder to keep down. I have Primperan and Tagamet for the time I’m ready to ctb.

Can'tStandAnymore

Can'tStandAnymore

Custom title
Mar 16, 2019
Hey, it's been a bit long since I stopped coming here to the forum.

I'm so lazy to read the last 30 pages. What's the current general opinion about this method? I have everything ready at home by the way, a kilogram of SN, every kind of antiemetics etc.

pane

pane

Veteran
Apr 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been posted before. Looks like a medical report on someone who took 15g SN and was taken to Hospital. Recovered and discharged after 7 days with no after affects.

Most likely the main reason he survived is because he was taken to the hospital only one hour after ingesting 15 grams of sodium nitrite. Here are the two quotes about this:

"After relocation to the intensive care unit, his consciousness improved and he could recall ingesting approximately 15 g sodium nitrite about 1 hour before he was brought to our hospital."

"On the second day of admission, the patient was extubated. He then recalled intentionally ingesting approximately 15 g sodium nitrite about 1 hour before ambulance call."

The article doesn't say if he called the ambulance himself or someone else did but the fact is that he was brought to the hospital one hour after poisoning himself which is probably why he survived with no lasting damage.

Michelle

Michelle

Jun 5, 2019
US
Most likely the main reason he survived is because he was taken to the hospital only one hour after ingesting 15 grams of sodium nitrite. Here are the two quotes about this:

"After relocation to the intensive care unit, his consciousness improved and he could recall ingesting approximately 15 g sodium nitrite about 1 hour before he was brought to our hospital."

"On the second day of admission, the patient was extubated. He then recalled intentionally ingesting approximately 15 g sodium nitrite about 1 hour before ambulance call."

The article doesn't say if he called the ambulance himself or someone else did but the fact is that he was brought to the hospital one hour after poisoning himself which is probably why he survived with no lasting damage.
Thank you for sharing!!

Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

Taking back what's mine
Apr 26, 2019
Does anyone know if you can drink a bit of alcohol after taking SN?

littlelady856

littlelady856

ribbit
Dec 20, 2018
I was thinking about using Listerine mouthwash after consuming SN. That way you wouldn’t have to swallow anything else, you’d still get the taste out of your mouth, and the minty taste/smell will calm the stomach

T

TheRealEndgame

Jun 9, 2019
Hey guys, had a few ideas for my SN plan. Want some opinions:
  • Do cimetidine as a regimen as well as stat dose shortly before SN
  • Take 150 - 200 mg Benadryl about 15 min before taking SN in hope to make myself very sleepy during phase between ingestion and losing consciousness, as well as to reduce nausea
  • Take CBD for anxiety and nausea reduction about 1 hr before taking SN
  • Sit up in bed after ingesting SN to reduce probability of throwing up
Are there any potential downsides to doing any of these things (or doing them together)?

Reactions: Antonin49

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 8)

• thrwaway99
  • deathenvoy
  • Roger
  • Rukia
  • jake3d
  • Barelyhuman
  • magick'sgone
  • OfficerK
  • Datenasdas
  • Bruceleelives1969
  • Antonin49