SN is the worst method

• Thread starter IwishIwasAttractive
  • Start date
  • Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

autumnal

autumnal

Illuminated
Feb 5, 2020
Sodium nitrite. I have no idea why people abbreviate it all the time but when in Rome...
Well, I mean technically why does anyone abbreviate anything? To make it faster and easier to type. Plus it is especially useful in the case of sodium nitrite, because a small accidental typo could make it sodium nitrate which also exists but does not have the same required properties for our purposes :smiling:

Reactions: Isittimetogonola
Isittimetogonola

Isittimetogonola

Kindness is a weakness
Oct 22, 2019
While not my first method, according to the update, my SN was delivered today. I had it sent to a friend's house but she knows nothing of SN. She knows I have suicidal thoughts but I can explain that away. I am in the US so I agree that as information is leaked out as an alternative use, it will be much harder, if not impossible, to acquire. I only need the metoclopramide and I will have both methods complete. Kind of a surreal moment as I seem to be headed to CTB with more certainty and as if on autopilot. Self fulfilling prophecy...
You seem like you know a lot about opiate OD. Do you know anything about tolerance, most addicts who OD do it after a relapse, their tolerance was lower or they were forced to go without opiates for a while. Btw most heroin is laced with fentanyl at least in the US and Canada. Do you know how long one should go without using before trying to OD on it? I'm a user of 10 years smoking heroin, and fentanyl/heroin for 7 of those years, methadone for 3 of those years. I have methadone and I hear that it's extremely dangerous, but I've tried to OD on methadone before, but I have way more now. You can PM if you want. I have a post on methadone where I posted the details, I am getting more every month now.
If I could get heroin that is guaranteed to have lots of fentanyl or carfentanil then I would be more inclined to go that route.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sadkitty
J

james244

Jun 22, 2019
The Peaceful Pill Handbook (PPH) is probably the most established and definitive suicide handbook in the world. It never ceases to surprise me when members here haven't read it. It would be like members of a religous forum not having heard of the bible. You can find a link to it in the Resource Compilation section.

One important difference between broscience and opinions on this forum is that broscience (which I understand to be men ['bros'] on bodybuilding or similar forums giving personal opinions as if they are science) is that broscience is an innacurate version of a correct science which actually exists. So someone might state an incorrect fact about metabolism, for example, but a scientist could tell you the correct fact. The effectiveness and subjective experience of suicide methods, in contrast, is not often studied by scientists and so for many aspects the collective anecdotes of people are all the evidence there is on a topic. Admittedly this evidence is a lot weaker and less scientific than proper empirical evidence, but it is still the best there is.
The Peaceful Pill Handbook (PPH) is probably the most established and definitive suicide handbook in the world. It never ceases to surprise me when members here haven't read it. It would be like members of a religous forum not having heard of the bible. You can find a link to it in the Resource Compilation section

agree with above it is definitive but please buy it rather than downloading because the publishers ability to develop new information will be paralyzed by mass piracy

autumnal

autumnal

Illuminated
Feb 5, 2020
The Peaceful Pill Handbook (PPH) is probably the most established and definitive suicide handbook in the world. It never ceases to surprise me when members here haven't read it. It would be like members of a religous forum not having heard of the bible. You can find a link to it in the Resource Compilation section

agree with above it is definitive but please buy it rather than downloading because the publishers ability to develop new information will be paralyzed by mass piracy
I would gladly buy it to support Exit International and their research, but unfortunately they only sell it to people who can provide proof they are over 50 years old or suffering from a serious illness. So it's difficult to feel a great deal of sympathy pirating from a company who literally refuse to take our money!

L

limpingtowardfreedom

Apr 19, 2020
You must be sure you want to die if you choose SN. I can't imagine the desperation if you regret drinking it. Horrible situation. Be sure you want to die.
You could just keep some methylene blue on hand to counteract it, just in case the view doesn't look so good halfway down, couldn't you?

That's what I hope to do, but I can only find ~3% concentrations on popular online retailer

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Elementalist
Feb 3, 2019
A person who cares about my physical wellbeing/who understood the method. Can't get into too many details here.
If I may ask, how did that person find out you had it?
a gun still quick and painless. but i can't get in eu :angry:
Unfortunately a gun is not necessarily fool proof either. Just Google 'suicide fails' and among the photos one will see pictures of people disfigured from ctb attempt via firearms—it's rather vivid.

Last edited:
autumnal

autumnal

Illuminated
Feb 5, 2020
You could just keep some methylene blue on hand to counteract it, just in case the view doesn't look so good halfway down, couldn't you?

That's what I hope to do, but I can only find ~3% concentrations on popular online retailer
Even if you could purchase it in the relevant dosage, it needs to be administered in conjunction with oxygen therapy. The methylene blue counteracts the SN and enables the cells to carry oxygen again, but it is the administration of oxygen which actually raises your saturation back to survivable levels. You wouldn't get enough oxygen from just breathing room air.

Also, methylene blue needs to be administered intravenously, which is hard enough for a professional to do to themselves, much less a layperson and much less someone who is undergoing the effects of poisoning at the time!

If you are at the stage of wanting and planning bailouts for during your suicide, perhaps you need to reexamine whether you are in fact ready to be taking that final step? Because there are very few, if any methods where you will have the chance to change your mind, and that includes SN with home remedies (or often even SN with medical attention).

L

limpingtowardfreedom

Apr 19, 2020
If you are at the stage of wanting and planning bailouts for during your suicide, perhaps you need to reexamine whether you are in fact ready to be taking that final step? Because there are very few, if any methods where you will have the chance to change your mind, and that includes SN with home remedies (or often even SN with medical attention).
Quite the contrary, I think it's extremely naive not to think that no matter how resolved you may be, you might find at the last moments, when it is too late to do anything about it, that your imagination of the moment is very different from the complete and true reality of being there.

We are all more intimate with the concept of death than our neighbors and friends, and our lives may have become unsustainable or agonizing, but it is still a stranger to each of us. I don't expect to have any issue, I felt nothing but relief and pleasure in previous failed experiences, but I know enough to know that the moment is still very different from the reality, and at times was grateful to have failed in the past.

For me, it is mostly a matter of control. People often choose quick or irreversible methods because they won't have to think about it, and, as supportive of right-to-die as I may be, statistically, some of those people probably would have turned back if they could. I don't think avoiding thinking about it is the way to go, and that's part of why I chose SN, but I want to choose it, and choose it again, and again, with full fortitude, and knowing that I have the choice makes me much more comfortable leaving this place, like a security blanket.

Thank you very much for the extremely helpful and specific information. It's unfortunate that that is the case, but I guess them's the breaks.

Reactions: autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Illuminated
Feb 5, 2020
Quite the contrary, I think it's extremely naive not to think that no matter how resolved you may be, you might find at the last moments, when it is too late to do anything about it, that your imagination of the moment is very different from the complete and true reality of being there.

We are all more intimate with the concept of death than our neighbors and friends, and our lives may have become unsustainable or agonizing, but it is still a stranger to each of us. I don't expect to have any issue, I felt nothing but relief and pleasure in previous failed experiences, but I know enough to know that the moment is still very different from the reality, and at times was grateful to have failed in the past.

For me, it is mostly a matter of control. People often choose quick or irreversible methods because they won't have to think about it, and, as supportive of right-to-die as I may be, statistically, some of those people probably would have turned back if they could. I don't think avoiding thinking about it is the way to go, and that's part of why I chose SN, but I want to choose it, and choose it again, and again, with full fortitude, and knowing that I have the choice makes me much more comfortable leaving this place, like a security blanket.

Thank you very much for the extremely helpful and specific information. It's unfortunate that that is the case, but I guess them's the breaks.
Oh no, I wasn't suggesting that having doubts isn't completely natural, even during the middle of the attempt. I meant that if you think you can plan a viable bailout that would save you, it is very unlikely. So either you accept that these doubts might occur and you handle them if they do, or if you are so stressed at the possibility of having doubts that you can't commit without a bailout in place, then perhaps you genuinely aren't ready to do so.

Cashewmilk

Cashewmilk

Veteran
Mar 10, 2020
Are you even serious? THE WORST? You have no access to firearms, why mentioning it?
I used to think the same thing "if I only had a gun"... it's not as easy as it looks in the movies. You can't just pick up a gun if you've never used one before to shoot your self. Guns are heavy and require practice. Trust me because I have guns laying around 24/7 and if I knew how to use it I'd be long gone years ago.

B

blalost

May 12, 2020
knowing that ur going to die in 20min is the worst. and u can't be drunk in that wait time. gun still quick and painless. but i can't get in eu :angry:
Guns are unpredictable, a lot of people have survived suicidal gunshots to the head, but ended up severely disfigured. I think SN is more reliable.

Reactions: acute and autumnal
BeeLoyal

BeeLoyal

Is Existence Just A Test?
Apr 27, 2020
I think it would be easier to drink the SN than to pull the trigger on a gun, as far as survival instinct is concerned. But yes the waiting would be terrifying.
Yeah, I think there will be a short time, like a minute of regrets caused by your SI, if you read the latest post about a video-chat during the sn method. This method is easy, pain free, reliable and still quick! Also, if you have really decided to go and are done with life, there will be no terrifying moments. If you do feel terryfied more than you should be, you're probably just not ready.
Yeah, I think there will be a short time, like a minute of regrets caused by your SI, if you read the latest post about a video-chat during the sn method. This method is easy, pain free, reliable and still quick! Also, if you have really decided to go and are done with life, there will be no terrifying moments. If you do feel terryfied more than you should be, you're probably just not ready.
WHAT i am trying to say, is that when you are really done with life, this method won't have long psychic discomfort after ingesting sn.

jrums

jrums

Apr 14, 2019
If waiting 20 minutes, at most, to die bothers you because you have to think about dying maybe you aren't ready to die.
Also nobody has reported SN as being some unbearable pain. Life is the unbearable pain. Most of the people who survived called the ambulance because they realized they weren't ready or some got caught making noise.

L

limpingtowardfreedom

Apr 19, 2020
If waiting 20 minutes, at most, to die bothers you because you have to think about dying maybe you aren't ready to die.
Thinking about dying and actually experiencing the irreversible process of dying are two different things. If you think they'll be the same, you may not be ready to die either. Go easy on people.

L

Living sucks

no one can understand
Mar 27, 2020
Yes when shit gets real it’s a different story. My shit got really real and what I experienced is why I can’t just go now. It sucks so bad. The first attempt should be fail proof bcuz it makes it harder to keep trying.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
knowing that ur going to die in 20min is the worst. and u can't be drunk in that wait time. gun still quick and painless. but i can't get in eu :angry:
I know what you’re saying, I don’t want to have to lay there and think about it. I just want it to be over and done with. My method of choice would be a gun as well, and if I had access to one, I wouldn’t be typing this.

Though unfortunately even guns can backfire, no pun intended (well, maybe). I believe there was a thread awhile back about what type and what bullet would be most effective. I can’t recall if where to aim was mentioned.

Xaria86

Xaria86

Surviving......just.
Feb 25, 2020
Is that u in the pic? Sorry but when I saw the hot guy in the pic and your screen name I was like I hope he doesn’t think he’s unattractive if that’s him lol! Yea I’m not looking forward to the SN method but that’s what I’m planning as well. It’s gonna suck. I have one Xanax bar I’ll take a little while before I drink it to calm my nerves.
the guy in the avatar is Leonardo Dicaprio, in The film Romeo and Juliet. :)

MeriDeath

MeriDeath

May 10, 2020
Sure, they are all here for anyone to use. The technical term is 'RTFM', but despite often being warranted, I figured that would come across as too judgemental.

It is firstly very important to understand that SN does not involve feelings of suffocation (asphyxiation). Suffocation is the sensation of not being able to breathe at all. The human body is designed to trigger intense distress and survival instinct during suffocation, triggered by rising levels of carbon dioxide in the bloodstream.

Suffocation can be imagined as similar to having someone holding a pillow over your face and preventing you from breathing. Your distress would increase as you become increasingly deprived of oxygen, and you would fight to remove the pillow. Again, to be clear, SN does not involve feelings of suffocation.

What SN involves is hypoxia, or a low level of oxygen in the blood. Unlike suffocation, the body does not have a specific mechanism to detect and trigger distress or survival instinct from reduced levels of oxygen in the blood. This is probably because, from a basic evolutionary perspective, there was never a naturally-occuring situation that would ever induce hypoxia in a human being. So you will not be 'gasping for air'. With the SN method, hypoxia is definitely experienced before you lose consciousness, indeed it is the reason for losing consciousness and ultimately later death. However, it will only be experienced through broader and less distressing symptoms such as headache, nausea, fatigue, confusion, tachycardia (increased heart rate) and shortness of breath. You may not experience all of these symptoms, and many can be avoided by adding the optional components to your SN protocol.

Note that shortness of breath (dyspnea) is not the same as suffocation (asphyxiation). Shortness of breath means you still have the ability to breathe, however there is the feeling that you are not getting enough oxygen when you do. Shortness of breath can be imagined as similar to the way your breathing may feel after intense exercise. You know that you are not quite taking in enough oxygen, so you may take deeper and more deliberate breaths to compensate, or move your chest and shoulders in an exaggerated way to take in deeper breaths (accessory breathing). You also do not feel distress or survival instinct, because you oxygen level may be insufficient but nothing is preventing you completely from breathing in the way suffocation would.

Additionally, the tachycardia (increased heart rate) that may accompany SN poisoning (preventable via adding beta blockers to the protocol) is similar to how your heart may be beating faster and more strongly after intense exercise. Again, you are aware of this happening in both scenarios, and it isn't inherently distressing nor a cause of survival instinct as long as you know in advance to expect it.

Basically, imagine again the shortness of breath and increased heart rate that occurs after intense exercise, say doing a quick sprint without any warmup. If you had somehow gone your whole life without ever having done any physical exertion, then having these symptoms for the first time ever might feel mysterious, unexplained and terrifying. But if you were a normal human who had experienced those symptoms before from exercise, you would automatically expect them to occur, have an idea of how intense they would feel and how long they would last for, and they would not cause you any distress or discomfort. In fact, you would probably feel more puzzled or distressed if you did some vigorous exercise and felt no physical symptoms immediately afterwards.

SN is similar to this analogy. Be knowledgeable about all of the symptoms that may occur, take all possible means to prevent them (optional components), and understand that if they do occur, they are not a need for panic or concern. Rather, they are simply neccesary steps on the journey towards your ultimate destination of a successful and relatively peaceful death.
The thing is, I remember on moonicide's ctb documentation it said clearly "looks as if she is gasping for air" now that's the part that scared I hope you can refer to it and see for yourself again

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
autumnal

autumnal

Illuminated
Feb 5, 2020
The thing is, I remember on moonicide's ctb documentation it said clearly "looks as if she is gasping for air" now that's the part that scared I hope you can refer to it and see for yourself again
I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that was determined to be agonal breathing while already unconscious and immediately preceding death.

To my knowledge, there is no physiological reason why you should experience any feelings of suffocation from SN.

Reactions: Mainlænder
L

Living sucks

no one can understand
Mar 27, 2020
I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that was determined to be agonal breathing while already unconscious and immediately preceding death.

To my knowledge, there is no physiological reason why you should experience any feelings of suffocation from SN.
It was at 6 Mins after SN and she was very conscious. @MeriDeath

00:37 Second puke. And she is breathing very heavy. Almost trying to gasp for air.

Reactions: Loner and enjolras
MeriDeath

MeriDeath

May 10, 2020
It was at 6 Mins after SN and she was very conscious. @MeriDeath

00:37 Second puke. And she is breathing very heavy. Almost trying to gasp for air.
@autumnal @Living sucks well I most certainly would like to know why there was such feeling involved because if it's true what autumnal said it shouldn't have been like that?

R

Rdc

Veteran
Aug 24, 2019
Likelihood of failing with gun or jumping is higher -- so is the emotional terror & devastating disability. So other than a knee-jerk instinct, I don't get it.

I consider ctb as euthanasia rather than suicide. One would also wait a few minutes in Dignitas.

Lying down comfortably (benzo) and waiting 12 minutes while listening to music is not that terrifying when a person is ready. People have reached the edges of cliffs (literally!) and just couldn't. I understand others in distress feeling otherwise and wanting something quick and immediate, including partial, it mostly doesn't work though..
Failing with a gun is higher? Can you tell me where you get that information? Everything I’ve read is that guns are one of the most lethal forms of suicide.

acute

acute

May 27, 2019
if you read the latest post about a video-chat during the sn method. This method is easy, pain free, reliable and still quick!
Would you mind telling me where I can see this post or what is it called? Thank you.

Quarky00

Quarky00

Illuminated
Dec 17, 2019
Failing with a gun is higher? Can you tell me where you get that information? Everything I’ve read is that guns are one of the most lethal forms of suicide.
I concur with the Right Honourable members.
No method is 100% failproof, but shotgun to head methods, if done correctly, have a 98, 99% chance of killing you, and 1% of chance of leaving you a vegetable or leaving you disfigured (maybe even both). There's a lot of information in a megathread here. You should check it out if you're considering this method to make sure you don't fail, because failing with a method agressive like this is one of the worst things you can do to yourself.
There are a lot of factors to determine this, such as the angle in which the barrel is pointed at, where the barrel is placed at (AVOID UNDERNEATH THE CHIN as that greatly increases the chance of failure), the kind of caliber/ammo/cartridge/load/shot used for the firearm, whether you flinch and move the barrel as the firearm discharges (DON'T TRY TO ANTICIPATE THE SHOT WHEN YOU SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER), and of course, the kind of firearm used (pistol, long gun, etc.).
In this context if you take 25g SN and stay put you are 100% dead . While a good gun shot is 99% there are some good chances of ctber not following it through correctly, mostly missing the right area and flinching . That is a real thing . The 85% fatality rate for gun suicides, although the highest in statistics, is alarming; while SN is not included and survivors were always rescued.

Overall, 8.5% of suicidal acts were fatal. Drug poisoning accounted for 59.4% of acts but only 13.5% of deaths; firearms and hanging accounted for only 8.8% of acts but 75.3% of deaths. Firearms were the most lethal method (89.6% of suicidal acts with a firearm resulted in death), followed by drowning (56.4%) and hanging (52.7%).

Last edited:
R

Rdc

Veteran
Aug 24, 2019
I concur with the Right Honourable members.

In this context if you take 25g SN and stay put you are 100% dead . While a good gun shot is 99% there are some good chances of ctber not following it through correctly, mostly missing the right area and flinching . That is a real thing . The 85% fatality rate for gun suicides, although the highest in statistics, is alarming; while SN is not included and survivors were always rescued.

Okay...100% success.....SN has now become the gold standard in reliability. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Illuminated
Dec 17, 2019
Okay...100% success.....SN has now become the gold standard in reliability. Thanks for the info.
Pretty much yeah . Is Nembutal 100% ? Yeah .

In reality nothing is 100% , there is always a doubt , but I won't write 99.9% every time , it would be foolish of me . It's pretty much certain death .

Nitschke said "SN is the Holy Grail". Mainly because of availability but also because it's so lethal/simple . I'm not taking his every word and there's a lot of hype , and much to complain about with PPH or Exit . Considering members reports , around 20% of SN intake is non-fatal which puts it on par with guns statistics; however that's people calling for help , being very clumsy , or in severe distress -- with a gun that would be even worse. SN is otherwise simple and lethal. If you take the average person (remember there are 9 billions of those; not trained with guns; and very distressed) -- they're more likely to have a fatal ctb with SN , yes.

L

Living sucks

no one can understand
Mar 27, 2020
Would you mind telling me where I can see this post or what is it called? Thank you.
This is the only one

For all the other anecdotal accounts, search SN Attempts and you’ll find successes and failures thread to read all .
@autumnal @Living sucks well I most certainly would like to know why there was such feeling involved because if it's true what autumnal said it shouldn't have been like that?
There were 2 others that reported breathing issues, @Kukubananas. And @timetogo.

Last edited:
Quarky00

Quarky00

Illuminated
Dec 17, 2019
This is the only one
There was another one of old frail woman with morphine (not a member) . Due to age, metabolism, and opioids it took 02:45 . She died peacefully . I can't find that post , the woman was said to be "frail" , "underweight" .