Should I leave a note?

• Thread starter pentobarbitaldreams
  • Start date
  • Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

pentobarbitaldreams

pentobarbitaldreams

Jun 11, 2020
So I’m schizophrenic and take medicine for it. A few weeks ago I started tapering off said medicine (with doctor’s consent/advice); however, I have been actively planning my suicide for a few weeks before I started tapering off. I am considering writing a note to explain that my death wasn’t the senseless result of a medicine adjustment but rather a carefully planned decision. However, I’m schizophrenic anyway, and my mom basically treats me as though I’m just a deranged ghost in the body of her former child, so I feel like she’s just going to blame it on my mental illness, if not necessarily the medication adjustment.
If you were in my mom’s situation, what kind of note would you prefer to find? How could I possibly express my autonomy?

• Aw..
Reactions: Vorty27
Vetrarnott

Vetrarnott

Jun 16, 2020
Perth, Australia
Another user here stated that most relatives of suicide victims wished that the person who CTB had left a note. I don't know if that's true. I don't remember them leaving links to any studies, but that's what they said.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Nevada, USA
Very sorry for what you're going-through...

I'm pretty new here, so haven't explored all the resources yet (I'm sure there's great stuff on suicide notes)... However, I've found this pretty useful and hope it helps you think it through: https://web.archive.org/web/20190328070337/https://archive.ashspace.org/ashbusstop.org/Note.html

That said, I'd think about making your key the following question: What could I say that would be the most helpful?

Please let us know how it goes....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
catsarecool can't decide if I should leave notes for online friends Suicide Discussion 7
anonymousapple [Help] so... should I test meto before SN, or just wait until I actually SN? Suicide Discussion 14
Close_to_freedom Is this a good way to tell if one should ctb? Suicide Discussion 3
Close_to_freedom Anyone else feel that their suicide should be done in part because it would wake up the people in your life? Suicide Discussion 7
Close_to_freedom Death should realistically be viewed as a positive. Suicide Discussion 24
B Should you take others into consideration Suicide Discussion 17
Close_to_freedom Should I tell my religious parents in my letter that I’m not religious? Suicide Discussion 9
FreddieQuell [Discussion] Why we should let them call us losers Suicide Discussion 16
S Should I get revenge before I go? Suicide Discussion 86
KuRsAnI If I survive SN and get cyanosis, should I see a doctor? Suicide Discussion 3
pentobarbitaldreams How many days should I stay off antipsychotics in order to CTB with pentobarbital? Suicide Discussion 3
Sinai Silence [Venting] The marks humans leave are too often scars. Suicide Discussion 3
S Need to leave my current job Suicide Discussion 4
H If I leave contact info in my note will they call them? Suicide Discussion 3
whisper_willow Suicide note. Suicide Discussion 13
ManWithNoName [Discussion] in lieu of suicide note Suicide Discussion 7
YourWayOrMine Feeling guilty while writing suicide note Suicide Discussion 1
I Anybody write a suicide note? Suicide Discussion 9
RedDEE My note - Monsters Suicide Discussion 1
S Last decision to make before I CTB... suicide note Suicide Discussion 9
snuffcore I’ve started writing my suicide note Suicide Discussion 2
memento_mori Delayed goodbye note on social media Suicide Discussion 9
DumbBoi [Discussion] Experiences With Working On Suicide Note long term Suicide Discussion 2
sourcreamonion [Discussion] Your suicide note in one sentence only? Suicide Discussion 136
EmbraceOfTheVoid [Story] Suicide note to my therapist and pro-lifers Suicide Discussion 54
BitterlyAlive Yesterday was a really bad day, and I started writing my suicide note Suicide Discussion 9