Share your art - Official Art Megathread

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

どうか安らかに暁に眠れ
Jan 7, 2020
These are just whatever, I'm not a poet. But they're fun to write.

Window

Sun shines, but the shadow will
torment, eat me, but not kill
Sitting on the window sill

I don't know what I can see
What is laughter? What is glee?
Sitting at the window, still

On the surface all shines bright
Down below, devoid of light
Once again it goes downhill

I wish I could hear the birdsong
I've wanted to, I've wanted so long
Once again, there's this standstill

There's nothing that could ease my mind
Nothing – this world is not kind
I feel cold, I feel a chill

Help me! Here's a soul to soothe
Help me keep my
Staring through the window, still

Earthly worries ail my head
Mental struggles turn me dead
Shattered is the window...

Inferdan

Inferdan

I’ve escaped the endless dark maze
Nov 3, 2019
QLD, Australia
Oh, hell yes, this is great!! Expect me to come back to this thread every so often.
These were done during the last few weeks, and after a very long time of not drawing. Also first/second time outlining and colouring (no idea what I did for the sky, but seems like I did ok :p), and I feel I’ll keep doing so! I’ll share some photos of mine taken from the past month or so as well, because why not. Well, hope you guys like them :hihi:
F5A6E363-7ABC-4EC1-B9B2-E85FBAABD0DA.jpeg
7AE959B0-1D64-474E-A57C-AF0878D9A684.jpeg
6E24C2A0-BEA7-4AF1-97AB-36E88A9D0225.jpeg
3903F082-BE3B-4A70-8213-D45AD0D017F8.jpeg
1A53F834-A2D5-4EFE-82EA-3AB21177DF3C.jpeg
7384F201-CA82-437E-948F-69F60FFBC964.jpeg
3388FC30-E60D-411A-81E8-74D4CD003A8F.jpeg

Vorty27

Vorty27

Freedom or Death
Jun 28, 2020
Europe
@Inferdan Love is the word, for all the concepts you've posted! The photography is truly amazing, the last picture really seems like a peaceful memory! :)
Something about the shoreline, it feels as all of us out there are both distant and close. :) And that bird on the rooftop, that's adorable! ^_^

• Love
Reactions: Inferdan
Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
QLD, Australia
@Inferdan Love is the word, for all the concepts you've posted! The photography is truly amazing, the last picture really seems like a peaceful memory! :)
Something about the shoreline, it feels as all of us out there are both distant and close. :) And that bird on the rooftop, that's adorable! ^_^
Thank you so much, Vorty. I was lucky to get the last and bird ones; I can understand what you mean by that, with all of us close yet far. On the shore, the edge, of the deep and vast unknown, ready to go for a long swim. I love the meaning you’ve given it, that’ll come into my mind whenever I look at it now. Oh, and if you are interested, they’re all taken on my phone, don’t have an actual camera at all :ahhha:

Vorty27

Vorty27

Freedom or Death
Jun 28, 2020
Europe
Thank you so much, Vorty. I was lucky to get the last and bird ones; I can understand what you mean by that, with all of us close yet far. On the shore, the edge, of the deep and vast unknown, ready to go for a long swim. I love the meaning you’ve given it, that’ll come into my mind whenever I look at it now. Oh, and if you are interested, they’re all taken on my phone, don’t have an actual camera at all :ahhha:
Not a problem! :)) Even if it's a phone camera, there is nothing you should worry about. Sometimes they have a better quality than most cameras that are expensive out there. Perhaps one day, you will manage to upgrade to a camera, if photography is something you are enjoying a lot. ^_^ At least, I hope you get to! From what I see here, you have a talent for spotting the things that make the world for what it can also be at times, instead of just the darkness surrounding it. :)
Once more, very interesting photos! The cat standing in front of the moon is also a very neat drawing! ^_^ I love how there is a little flower detail next to it. Eh, sorry for talking so much, when it comes to art and making photography, I like to yap a lot. :smiling:

• Love
Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
QLD, Australia
Does fan-art count as art?

Irene from Claymore.

View attachment 38579
Definitely does! Love the line-art, shading, and hair, very nice :hihi:
Not a problem! :)) Even if it's a phone camera, there is nothing you should worry about. Sometimes they have a better quality than most cameras that are expensive out there. Perhaps one day, you will manage to upgrade to a camera, if photography is something you are enjoying a lot. ^_^ At least, I hope you get to! From what I see here, you have a talent for spotting the things that make the world for what it can also be at times, instead of just the darkness surrounding it. :)
Once more, very interesting photos! The cat standing in front of the moon is also a very neat drawing! ^_^ I love how there is a little flower detail next to it. Eh, sorry for talking so much, when it comes to art and making photography, I like to yap a lot. :smiling:
It’s absolutely fine, talk all you want, there’s nothing wrong with it and holding you back :)) thank you for your words, they really do mean a lot, and I’m glad you did like them very much. Don’t think I’ll become a professional photographer, but idk, it’s nice to take photos, just like to. Again, don’t hold back; if you like to talk about what you love about something, go right ahead. People would like that, and I’m sure you’d be more than happy to :hihi:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Vorty27 and Angina
Vorty27

Vorty27

Freedom or Death
Jun 28, 2020
Europe
Beautiful and mesmerising. No idea how you made these, but I absolutely love the colour and design to them. I love them so much
Thank you so very much, it means a lot Inferdan! :) I appreciate the kind comment. They are made with some brushes and filter effects in Photoshop actually. ^_^

Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
QLD, Australia
Thank you so very much, it means a lot Inferdan! :) I appreciate the kind comment. They are made with some brushes and filter effects in Photoshop actually. ^_^
I always wanted to get into Photoshop, I’ve seen the things that can be done, and it’s been a thing ever since. Makes sense now...no wonder they turned out like that, haha :hihi: Good choice of filters and brushes

Reactions: Vorty27
Vorty27

Vorty27

Freedom or Death
Jun 28, 2020
Europe
I always wanted to get into Photoshop, I’ve seen the things that can be done, and it’s been a thing ever since. Makes sense now...no wonder they turned out like that, haha :hihi: Good choice of filters and brushes
It's a pretty powerful program, haha! Depends on what the person has in mind to do with it. But to be honest, Photoshop is more for editing photos. :)
For drawing, I really like to use Illustrator instead. ^_^

One filter was called Distortion, for the Vortex I made there. :) Shucks, I wish I could lend some help with that if you ever decide to get into it. :)

Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
QLD, Australia
It's a pretty powerful program, haha! Depends on what the person has in mind to do with it. But to be honest, Photoshop is more for editing photos. :)
For drawing, I really like to use Illustrator instead. ^_^

One filter was called Distortion, for the Vortex I made there. :) Shucks, I wish I could lend some help with that if you ever decide to get into it. :)
I know about Photoshop, hehe. Saw a person edit stock images to make amazing things, and others make cool scenes. I figured I’d like to try that.
You don’t have to worry about helping me out, it’ll be quite a while before I actually get the chance to do so. Saving money and whatnot. But I’ll definitely try it someday, hehe

Reactions: Vorty27
Vorty27

Vorty27

Freedom or Death
Jun 28, 2020
Europe
I know about Photoshop, hehe. Saw a person edit stock images to make amazing things, and others make cool scenes. I figured I’d like to try that.
You don’t have to worry about helping me out, it’ll be quite a while before I actually get the chance to do so. Saving money and whatnot. But I’ll definitely try it someday, hehe
Yes, you definitely should when you get a chance and get your hands on the program! ^_^
Thanks for sharing, it's good to know that you are willing to give it a try like that.

• Hug
Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
QLD, Australia
Always open to different kinds of art. So far, I’ve drawn, built, and painted, and curious on doing more. I’ll share more things soon to elaborate on the different things I’ve done :)

• Hug
Reactions: Angina and Vorty27
enjolras

enjolras

Saw the angel shine through the jellyfish
Feb 13, 2020
@BlackPoppet, just for you, the scream of the groundhog recorded on tape, alerting its peers that an intruder entered the territory