Share your art - Official Art Megathread

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

enjolras

enjolras

Saw the angel shine through the jellyfish
Feb 13, 2020
COCORO. THANK YOU

• Love
Reactions: K-O
S

sufferingalways

Apr 26, 2020
Thanks, it came about by accident. I tried making a roman mosaic by printing it and laminating it, then joining it all together. Unfortunately the steam affected it and when I took it off it also took off some of the plaster. So I just created it to hide the damage to the wall. View attachment 4390
Wow, that’s lovely. Saw the other angle photo.
What a nice thread to scroll through. Good job, everyone.

I've posted some of my paintings before, but here are two more I did.

Beautiful. Wish I had the patience to paint like that. Any courses on line for beginners to learn?

Last edited:
Reactions: puppy9
C

Compodulator

Illuminated
Nov 8, 2018

This what happens when I'm bored when taking a shit. -_-

• Love
Reactions: K-O
SlowMo

SlowMo

Veteran
Mar 7, 2020
UK
Unfortunately, I was never blessed with the ability to draw, but nonetheless I try my best! So please do excuse the monstrosity that follows.

I drew this little cartoon for my ex-partner (who is also like a best friend). I can't even begin to draw people, so I draw everybody as animals instead. This scene is from a fond memory we shared when we were together. My ex-partner is the dinosaur (an in-joke), with growling stomach and some bandages to represent her ongoing tummy trouble and stay in the hospital, and her two young boys are the lion and the monkey (I tried to capture some of their personality as well).

There are other little items dotted around that represent in-jokes and memories between us. It's not very good, but I thought I would share it anyway because everybody else has been sharing and I'm just thinking, why not take a risk?

Final_Drawing.png

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
@BlackPoppet lovely eagle eyes ! Very lush, abounding nature, almost tropical.

gloomy days

0C918BA4-0DE2-44B8-842D-5497F2AC07E1.jpeg

D71814A4-26CF-4592-BCA5-4AE83735A817.jpeg

6B9B1427-F987-4FD3-B2A3-B53EE9A512ED.jpeg

I fancy this vid cause the suffocating atmosphere is reminding of the planet in Alien: Covenant
Wild goats are evolving on the slope ...escaping acid rain ;)

B3B583B5-993C-4430-8A22-F6D118495AAF.jpeg

79008B32-4360-4C98-903B-75B7ED1EDE5C.jpeg

Need to go swim at this cascade this summer. There’s a small pool on top. The access is a tad dangerous but that’s the fun. It’s a god cause the spot just 1 minute away from the road, yet deserted.
* god send

Last edited:
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
the twisted tree looks like a pastry... ^^
the red-purple leaves are dope, very autumnal
Yes I love taking pictures of trees of all kinds. They amaze me!!
They purple leaf tree is gorgeous in the sunlight. I had to take a picture!!

• Hug
  • Love
Reactions: K-O and enjolras
SlowMo

SlowMo

Veteran
Mar 7, 2020
UK
@BlackPoppet lovely eagle eyes ! Very lush, abounding nature, almost tropical.
gloomy days
Some beautiful compositions there. My favourite is the first photo of the waterfall, I love the bleak, desaturated palette and the blown-out water, the blooming gives it this ethereal glow reminiscent of a sort of barren alien landscape, a stellar metaphor for the sterility of the suicidal mind, that which was once so beautiful so evergreen is now just grey and still.

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Some beautiful compositions there. My favourite is the first photo of the waterfall, I love the bleak, desaturated palette and the blown-out water, the blooming gives it this ethereal glow reminiscent of a sort of barren alien landscape, a stellar metaphor for the sterility of the suicidal mind, that which was once so beautiful so evergreen is now just grey and still.
Thank you ! We’ve got a writer... I admit I had pleasure to frame this one.
The shrub on the left is also like a curtain that closes the panorama, and make a secretive impression, like the viewer shouldn't be here, catching an indecent moment.

I actually have no photography equipment. I use an iPad. No color work / post edition. Full credit goes to the nature ...

Last edited:
SlowMo

SlowMo

Veteran
Mar 7, 2020
UK
Thank you ! We’ve got a writer... I admit I had pleasure to frame this one.
The shrub on the left is also like a curtain that closes the panorama, and make a secretive impression, like the viewer shouldn't be here, catching an indecent moment.

I actually have no photography equipment. I use an iPad. No color work / post edition. Full credit goes to the nature ...

Well, as someone who does it professionally I'm impressed. I see many young technicians (particularly in indie filmmaking circles) who rely on their tools to do the work and make their images look stunning. I had that kind of narcissistic attitude too once... But a good craftsman can do amazing things with even basic tools, and I see good composition, nice use of colour and tones, and I love how you let the water blow out and overexposed (whether that was a conscious decision or just a 'happy accident') :)

I might have to post up some of my own cinematography work for a critique, I just need to be conscious of my not making my identity too obvious so as to dissuade any casual trolls.

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Ahh you can’t be a tease. You have to commit now. Spoke too much ;) It’s a friendly community, not judgemental. The trolls will be sent back to Mordor !

Tbh, I don’t think I’d have the patience to edit, it’d put some of the joy aside. But I respect professional’s work!

Happy accident... my favourite kind. I miss the days when I owned a Lomo camera ...or the Harinezuni gadget (too damn fragile, I broke 2, now OOP), which led to in-built distorded pictures, with blur, glare, flashy colors.. You’d never know what to expect, which was a threat ...when not discouraging !

Short verse test (this iPad gear is polyvalent). Exact daily feeling since 3 days :mmm:
Seeing it Bibi, you’ll know why about the upside down mirror.
somethings you cannot un-see.. self lobotomizing to the max..
View attachment 35632
View attachment 35631

Last edited:
SlowMo

SlowMo

Veteran
Mar 7, 2020
UK
Ahh you can’t be a tease. You have to commit now. Spoke too much ;) It’s a friendly community, not judgemental. The trolls will be sent back to Mordor !

Tbh, I don’t think I’d have the patience to edit, it’d put some of the joy aside. But I respect professional’s work!

Happy accident... my favourite kind. I miss the days when I owned a Lomo camera ...or the Harinezuni gadget (too damn fragile, I broke 2, now OOP), which led to in-built distorded pictures, with blur, glare, flashy colors.. You’d never know what to expect, which was a threat ...when not discouraging !

Short verse test (this iPad gear is polyvalent). Exact daily feeling since 3 days :mmm:
Seeing it Bibi, you’ll know why about the upside down mirror.
Ah the Lomo! I haven't heard that camera mentioned in a long time. I had a friend who owned one and like you said, you never knew what was going to come out... I recently had the same experience when I raked up a ten-year-old undeveloped negative and managed to accidentally fog it... I was convinced I'd destroyed the images but processed it anyway and what came out were these beautiful milky, desaturated colours. Here's an example shot (fogged classic Kodachrome film pushed about a stop and a half if I remember rightly). It's not a look everybody likes - but I love it.

R1-07028-013A - Copy.jpg

The quality is rather rubbish because I've ripped it from a shitty compressed file, but here's one of my favourite images. I don't know that it's particularly interesting from a technical point of view... But this was a short from a film about drugs/painting I shot recently, I like the metaphor of the moon sparkling over the ocean being reflected in the paint she uses to commit it to the canvas.

moon_sea_paint.png

Another shot from that sequence, we were playing around a lot with colours.

output.png

You'd be surprised what you can do with an iPad though! Did you write the verse yourself? I'm not particularly au fait when it comes to music, so if it's something obvious I'm afraid it's my own fault that I have little to no idea!

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
I also adore the visual aspect of the first shot, that grainy, low resolution and faded colors. Very “back in time”. I’m waiting that a grandma in old fashion dress pops out of the screen, or a family reunion at a garden party, british style.

About the next ones, my favourite colour being violet, the atmosphere’s theme won me over. I didn’t analyse the scene to your extent, but now that you say it, there can be a real poetic intent.
Both pictures look very “directored” with a plan in mind, brainy. I’d be curious to see it in motion...

About the cover, no, I wish. It’s a catholic/church band - I shouldn’t comment that - a folk-pop duo (husband & wife) that you might have heard during the Obama campaign cause they were chosen as a sponsor at meetings. They produce very kawai lullabies.

I barely play these days, even less so sing. I always struggled with the synchronicity. Mostly, I create short instrumental pieces, which I’d consider like haikus at best. Very modest. Never finished a full song. That might betray the inner me, to work on. I even more rarely write lyrics ...I must have forgotten them all already haha not pleased

Last edited:
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Morning theft: opportunistic window of R&Ding riffs/patterns in loop mode, FULL of imperfections (consider ear plugs)

Mostly satisfied of the last find. The 2nd is meh, nothing, transitioning between 1st (atypical for me, a bit slow metal) & 3rd

I usually forget many of my musical ventures, so why not sticky the sketches for futur reference, to mature (and clean) the ideas.

Last edited: