[News] SanctionedSuicide Survey Results (November 2019)

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
Serge

Serge

Admin
Mar 16, 2018
These are the results for the survey sent to over 650 active members of the forum.
The idea is to make one of these every 6 months; we'll take your feedback into account for next time to improve the questions asked.

You can click here to open the image in a new tab.

Otherwise, click below to expand the image, double click to zoom in.

SS Survey.png

BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
3F949262-60CC-4329-B8DE-A8FD310DDD70.jpeg

f*kin' hell.....define scary (sad):

top 6 reasons define my present :meh:

I agree, and would only add that I wish MH care had more of a focus on trauma as a common cause, which would fundamentally change treatment which is all too often simply re-traumatizing.
Very solid point.

Beyond that (I'm afraid) no one has a clue.
Mental illnesses are so dynamically different. Treatment's a guessing game.

Do you ever look at a (seemingly) happy group/small crowd and wonder(?)...

...c'mon, who's faking it?

Last edited:
Rachel74

Rachel74

-
Sep 7, 2019
United Kingdom
View attachment 18308

f*kin' hell.....define scary (sad):

top 6 reasons define my present :meh:

Very solid point.

Beyond that (I'm afraid) no one has a clue.
Mental illnesses are so dynamically different. Treatment's a guessing game.

Do you ever look at a (seemingly) happy group/small crowd and wonder(?)...

...c'mon, who's faking it?
I fake it on a daily basis with work colleagues. Only really honest to my partner how I feel.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
I fake it on a daily basis with work colleagues. Only really honest to my partner how I feel.
Sure Rach, I've been doing the same for years. This time tho,...this particular down, less so for some reason. Might be because of age(?)

Hope you're as well as can be.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Rachel74

Rachel74

-
Sep 7, 2019
United Kingdom
Sure Rach, I've been doing the same for years. This time tho,...this particular down, less so for some reason. Might be because of age(?)

Hope you're as well as can be.
In hospital at the moment but feeling ok. Think it’s a high I’m experiencing now as nothing is worrying me.

BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
In hospital at the moment but feeling ok. Think it’s a high I’m experiencing now as nothing is worrying me.
Oh yea. If we could only hold those highs.

Are you outpatient or...? What's going on? You ok now?

diaryofawimpycrow

diaryofawimpycrow

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
When was this survey posted?

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Illuminated
Sep 10, 2019
"Have you ever considered suicide in a serious manner?"

Three percent said no. Why are they here then?
I believe it is possible to feel like you have had enough of life, to feel like you’d “rather be dead” than feeling the way you do or struggling in whatever situation you are in - whilst not actually considering suicide- as the classic hormonal teenage declaration goes “I wish I was dead” or “I wish I had never been born” at that moment they might not want to ‘be’ in life anymore- yet they don’t all have thoughts of killing themselves per se- I guess some people may like to just discuss/ explore having that feeling - trying to understand it & overcome it. Just a theory

khw777

khw777

Just trying to catch a bus!
Oct 18, 2019
Lubbock Texas
Last edited:
trynacbt

trynacbt

-
Sep 28, 2019
Most of the people here are white caucasian, and so it’s funny when they push that white privilege lie. Oh ok that’s why most of us here are on the verge of suicide lol!
Most of us (myself included) being white Caucasian doesn’t mean white privilege doesn’t exist. Not trying to start a race argument here but the two things are completely unrelated. You can be utterly privileged and still be suicidal.

Last edited:
A

arelia

Tired
Aug 18, 2019
These are the results for the survey sent to over 650 active members of the forum.
The idea is to make one of these every 6 months; we'll take your feedback into account for next time to improve the questions asked.

You can click here to open the image in a new tab.

Otherwise, click below to expand the image, double click to zoom in.

View attachment 18298
my feedback for next time is that your education question may be confusing for non americans. Here in the UK a college is usually for the last couple of years of high school and I think a college is a private school in australia.. perhaps asking if people have finished high school, have a degree, have trade qualifications (do they have apprenticeships the US, which is where I assume you're based?) or have post grad might give a better result.
also (yes, call me pedant) class is an interesting one.. do you mean financial or social? In the uk class in surveys are usually defined by education (with the hidden Socio-economic implication that if you're well educated, you're well paid - which isn't true so much here anymore).
A very interesting set of results though. that mental health is so common makes me want to shout this out loudly everywhere on social media as we've got an election coming up and the government is determined to destroy the NHS even further...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)