Recovery Partners Megathread

• Thread starter Sanctioned Suicide
  • Start date
  • Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

411esme

411esme

Jun 5, 2020
Esme, female, 19. American.
Not looking for a relationship, but have always been more comfortable talking to men socially. Women tentatively okay to pm as well, but please be nice...
I’m very shy online, but I’ll be there for you if you do the same for me.

Vorty27

Vorty27

Freedom or Death
Jun 28, 2020
Europe
I am not sure if recovery may be the right thing for me at this point, but if anyone is in a bad place and needs someone to listen to what they have to say, I will do my best to be there for them. :)

• Hug
Reactions: puppy9
glittergore

glittergore

the caress of the Void
Jun 16, 2020
23F.

I will be fully transparent and say I'm not wholly committed to the idea of recovery, but I do have things in this world and in myself that still make life worth living for me, so I want to see if I can cope with and overcome the things that make me want to die. I'm going to be entering a very stressful time in my life very soon (the field experience portion of my graduate degree) and would love to have some additional support during a period in which I know I'll be suicidal. All that being said, I am also an empathetic, responsive, and thoughtful person that could help someone else as well. I'm basically seeking mutuality. PM if you're interested. :)

Last edited:
Nyxx33

Nyxx33

May 8, 2020
33F

I am looking for some people to talk to that I can also help in return by listening and advising if needed. This place feels safer for me than talking to people in person at this point. It can be just for lighthearted conversation too and sharing things that have helped us move forward or brought us joy and purpose. I am struggling a lot with moving forward and letting go of my past.. but the opportunity to have positive interactions with others I think can help ground me, and I hope to do the same for others as well and break the cycle of feeling stuck in unserving patterns.

Privatehell

Privatehell

Mar 3, 2020
England
Branching out on a whim, not my usual MO. But it's cool to have someone friendly with you who gets depression and anxiety. Love a bitter sense of humour. I'm 33 female, music lover and generally cool person if it's a consideration!

• Hug
Reactions: puppy9 and Vorty27
ItsAllTooLate

ItsAllTooLate

Dancing on the razor's edge
Jul 1, 2020
Inside My Head
22 going on 23 year old female here from the USA. Looking for someone to talk to that is serious about moving past suicidality. Discord is preferred for communication, especially because I'm considering leaving the site even though I haven't been here all that long. Hoping to generally have a recovery partner where we keep each other accountable regarding our urges and actively work on getting better.

J

JoeFailure

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2019
35/m

I have ADHD and basically developed an anxiety disorder over the last year. Working hard to change my life, I was truly on the brink of CTB last year and probably many times in between then and now. I have a plan for a career change that might work but I have high anxiety about the process and get panic attacks. I kind of have my "toolbox" (not to sound therapisty about it) that I go to that at least somewhat alleviates the anxiety.

I guess the hard part for me is it's every part of life that I'm trying to change. Eating healthier, I'm OK on the weight front but am working at getting in really good shape, learning to be organized, developing more life skills.

It would be awesome to have someone to talk to, especially live on a safe app with no video or anything like that, but someone who could be there when things are rough and someone who I could be there for too in the same situation and help each other out. I find that gives more meaning to everything too.