[Discussion] Post an unpopular opinion you have here

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

Claudia

Claudia

Veteran
Jun 21, 2020
UK
Fat people are not beautiful, they're quite the opposite.
What the fuck sort of thing is that to say on a forum like this where so many people have severely low opinions of themselves resulting in self harm and falling deeper into suicidal ideation? I’m ‘fat’ and to be honest yes I feel like total shit about it. But your words are a trigger to me just pushing me further down the road of self hatred.

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
I believe if you spend most of your life in front of a screen then you’re living a pathetic existence. I’m a hypocrite for saying this, but It’s one of my minor reasons why I want to die cause I hate the thought I’ll spend every single day for rest of my pathetic life in front of a screen and never really ‘living’ even though most of what constitutes as living feels overrated atleast with me. Phone and tv addiction is becoming a widespread problem and interferes in almost every aspect of our lives to the point it’s cancerous. And don’t ask me how or what if anything can fix this cause I don’t know how to live without it either at this point. I wish there was something that could replace it somehow, but there’s hardly anything that can fill the void of boredom/anhedonia, loneliness, etc. as compared to how the internet/tv/games can do.

Oyoy

Oyoy

Smoking section
Feb 2, 2020
Limousine
I agree completely. I am using 3 devices at this moment. Satalight radio, a landline called home phone connect that you plug in the wall to use a normal phone and a crap Android to type. I got my first dumb smartphone one month before I made an account as oyoy.untill then I lived my life against screens but I got addicted just like I feared. I recently got a bike which saved my life. I hate traffic too so I was never leaving my neighborhood which was a nightmare.
Edit this is a reply to.cirlcles post. I thought that was the thread.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Circles
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Veteran
Dec 28, 2019
USA
I seek only the truth in all things around me. That automatically generates a large list of unpopular opinions, or facts, that is too long to list.

Reactions: Circles and Skathon
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
What the fuck sort of thing is that to say on a forum like this where so many people have severely low opinions of themselves resulting in self harm and falling deeper into suicidal ideation? I’m ‘fat’ and to be honest yes I feel like total shit about it. But your words are a trigger to me just pushing me further down the road of self hatred.
If it's any consolation, this is the unpopular opinions thread.

Ya beautiful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Claudia

Claudia

Veteran
Jun 21, 2020
UK
If it's any consolation, this is the unpopular opinions thread.

Ya beautiful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Thank you and I know it’s the thread title.. but whatever thread I post in on ss I always consider people’s feelings. I know there are a lot of men on here for example who don’t feel attractive and I’d never write anything to make them feel worse regardless of the thread.
I just find this particular poster (who said fat people are the opposite of beautiful) a bit off..posting in other threads about being a good person, trying not to hurt people’s feelings, being tall, pretty, funny, blah blah.

Iwanttooffmyself

Iwanttooffmyself

Be infertile and let the Earth be silent after ye
Sep 6, 2019
Women with lip-fillers look disgusting.

A woman comfortable in her own skin > A woman made of plastic fillers.

It breaks my heart to see perfectly beautiful women submitting to the knives of colonist patriarchy and ruining the perfection Nature gave them.

• Love
Reactions: faust and Oyoy
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Thank you and I know it’s the thread title.. but whatever thread I post in on ss I always consider people’s feelings. I know there are a lot of men on here for example who don’t feel attractive and I’d never write anything to make them feel worse regardless of the thread.
I just find this particular poster (who said fat people are the opposite of beautiful) a bit off..posting in other threads about being a good person, trying not to hurt people’s feelings, being tall, pretty, funny, blah blah.
Of course, I understand and it's unfortunate when people are inflammatory or divisive here when we come here to look for support, but what I meant was more in the sense that this is just one person (who, despite how great they might claim to be, is also on a suicide forum) and they do not speak for everyone, only themselves. You can't control what they say or think, but you don't have to let them have any power over how you feel about yourself either. I recommend hitting the ignore button if this is someone who had repeatedly posted things that upset you. Anywho, sending hugs and positivity your way.

• Love
Reactions: Claudia
Doormat

Doormat

Life is never so bad that it can't get any worse
May 22, 2020
UK
I have an almost pathological objection to the changing of women's names on marriage. It's not romantic, it denotes ownership. My friends all roll their eyes when I start up on one :haha:

mediocre

mediocre

stuck in an alternative universe
Nov 9, 2019
Ireland
Women with lip-fillers look disgusting.

A woman comfortable in her own skin > A woman made of plastic fillers.

It breaks my heart to see perfectly beautiful women submitting to the knives of colonist patriarchy and ruining the perfection Nature gave them.
I don’t think women using lip fillers has anything to do with patriarchy. This beauty stuff is pushed by major companies and influencers on YouTube and Instagram and the majority of these channels are run by other women. A man couldn’t care less about a lip filler. It’s women who are trying to one up each other by trying to out do each other in the beauty department.

lunargreenx

lunargreenx

19 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
Eastern Europe
I fucking hate everything Italian except food.

Cities? Trash. Architecture? Trash. History? Trash. Culture? Trash. Language? Trash. Venice? Trash.
I HATE IT SO MUCH!

Reactions: FusRohDracarys
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
The absurdity of patriarchal society is that men wanting to dominate are becoming slaves having no life, no time, no happiness and think that if they don't, their partners should be at home, cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry and seeing absolutely nothing in this life.

Reactions: Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
London, UK
www.youtube.com
The absurdity of patriarchal society is that men wanting to dominate are becoming slaves having no life, no time, no happiness and think that if they don't, their partners should be at home, cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry and seeing absolutely nothing in this life.
Don't over think it just say women's place is in the kitchen, lol

Cheers

Geo

Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

Jun 24, 2020
I don't get gift-giving. Partly because I'm so picky it's nearly impossible for anyone to get me something I'll like. I end up thinking thanks, now I have to figure out how to get rid of this lol. Then I'm terrible at guessing what the other person would want. It's legalized torture I say!

Reactions: FusRohDracarys