Please help me not be hooked on opiates

BridgeJumper1994

BridgeJumper1994

The Arsonist
Please help menot be hooked on opiates.please. I realize this topic contributes nothing. But healthcare wont help me and my pain is too big to live with and I want a hot shot and die. I hav touched a shit drug and now im in hell

Last edited:
F

FoolishDog

Speaking as someone who's been there. A couple of strips of Suboxone I found off the street. Cutting them into smaller and smaller peices as the days went by. I stepped myself down kind of hard in the spare room of a family members house. Me, the couple subs, a tiny bit of pot, a bed, and a little am/fm radio. I went in to rehab shortly after I was still a little sick when I went in. Before I got out of rehab I got the Vivitrol shot. That's how I kicked.

Now, what happen after was much worse. I had this stupid idea that if it were any other drug that I could somehow manage it. I stayed away from alcohol, opiates, and benzos because I knew they made you physically sick. I started doing meth. Terrible idea. After it was all said and done I held the needle for 4 or 5 years I'm not sure. I can't remember. I can't remember a lot of things and the drugs made it much worse.

Speaking metaphorically, you're a pickle now. You'll never be a cucumber again. If you can't handle this drug you're not going to be able to handle any other drug either.

You have to want to kick. Real, real bad. It's only going to get worse the longer you go on.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Naltrexone is a medication commonly prescribed to treat opioid addiction (and alcoholism). That is not the reason I am on it, however, I have taken 50 mg naltrexone off and on for decades.

You are crying out for help struggling with a problem that really pisses me off, that you should not be having this difficult a time with, because a lousy medication like naltrexone might be able to relieve your anguish so readily. Ask about being placed on naltrexone, DEMAND an opportunity to try it. Embarrass any reluctant prescriber with the fact you know more about how to quickly, easily and efficiently treat an addiction like this better than any of them do. This is a readily available drug which can save hundreds of thousands, probably millions of lives.

BridgeJumper1994

BridgeJumper1994

The Arsonist
I died this week and this is heell im going to fall to my knees beg them.fkr a placee

Dantes Inferno

P

peacechoice

Veteran
I died this week and this is heell im going to fall to my knees beg them.fkr a placee

Dantes Inferno
I am so so sorry. Physical pain is a bitch and I know that if you could go back in time you would definitely not take the pills. I know there is medication to ween you off of them. Please give those a try. I am so so sorry. I feel terrible that I can’t do much else for people. I want to but I can’t and it makes me want to die even more.

lunarpoppies420

lunarpoppies420

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Some people benefit a lot from 12 step programs/NA if you haven't tried it already. It's how my ex's friend got clean after my ex ODed and died.

Apathy

Apathy

Wise
I dont do hard drugs, but I self harm. And now I mostly don't. I've pretty much kicked the habit, kinda. But the urge is always there, always. But I got tired of the scars and wanted to stop. And that helped allot. I didnt quit cold Turkey I just gradually, did it less. Until, it got to the point I might have an episode once every few months, which is great consider I used to do it up to 8 times a day, 6 cuts everytime I did it.

But true enough you can kick the habit, but the scars and urges stay with you. Just gotta practice self restraint.

BridgeJumper1994

BridgeJumper1994

The Arsonist
OK, lets make a service announcement
I am done. I will not listen to my 'family's' addicts are scum shtick. I will tell them, and they can give me my whole paycheck that theyve been STEALING from me and kick me to the curb. Because Im not going to quit. Im not going to live like this
Dont like it?
THEN FIX MY FUCKING VERTIGO

Last edited:
lunarpoppies420

lunarpoppies420

I'll soon be sleeping sound
I am done. I will not listen to my 'family's' addicts are scum shtick. I will tell them, and they can give me my whole paycheck that theyve been STEALING from me and kick me to the curb. Because Im not going to quit. Im not going to live like this
Dont like it?
Addicts are just as human as anyone else. You're certainly not scum, just someone struggling with a tough situation. I find that often the stigma against addicts alienates them and drives them further into their vices. Just know there are people out there who think well of you and wish you the best <3

P

peacechoice

Veteran
Dont like it?
You know what? Opioids were created to help pain and if that’s the only thing that really helps you with your severe vertigo then so be it. You have to take those medications to help, so be it. It’s that or deal with vertigo. It’s a tough situation, but they gotta understand that vertigo is tough shit you can’t just expect you to be okay.

F

FoolishDog

One more thing I think I should mention. The medication that Gnip mentioned, Naltrexone, that's the same thing as Vivitrol in pill form. Vivitrol is a monthly injection of the drug. I figured you had heard of it already. I shouldn't make assumptions. So here's some information about the kinds of treatments for opiate addiction and withdrawls.

First, Naltrexone/Vivitrol. This medication blocks the receptors that receive the opiates. You can injest or inject the opiate, you can still overdose and die from it, but you wont get high from it. If there is even a tiny bit of an opiate in your system when you first take Naltrexone/Vivitrol you're going to have the worst withdrawls you have ever had in your life. You need to have already gone through opiate withdrawls completely before taking this medication. Any doctor worth anything is going to test you for opiates before giving you this drug, however, I have talked to people who were coming off of some of these newer fentanyl coctails they are selling on the streets in the United States that didn't show up on the typical drug tests they were using for some reason. They ended up having a real bad time for a long time. You'll most likely know when you're through with the withdrawls.

Next, Suboxone/Subutex. Suboxone is a synthetic opiate used to treat the withdrawl symptoms themselves. It also has a kind of blocker that stops the effects of opiates but it doesn't work as well as the Vivitrol. Suboxone comes in these little orange strips that are placed under the tongue to dissolve. They taste awful, but they work. Subutex is a similar drug in pill form, it's not ideal but that's what they give to pregnant women. I'm not entirely sure of the difference because Subutex isn't nearly as common and I've had no experience with it.

Some things to know about Suboxone. First, and most importantly, Suboxone must be taken after withdrawl symptoms have started. Roughly 24 hours after the last dose of heroin or pain killers or whatever. Definately not before 18 hours. These numbers I'm giving you are not conservative. They are the bare minimum. If it isn't taken this way, you'll go into rapid detox and you're gonna have a real bad time. Second, also probably equally important, Suboxone is a synthetic opiate. That means it's still an opiate. Coming off of suboxone is not fun either. I've heard doctors say that if coming off heroin is 100% withdrawls then coming off of Suboxone is 70%. How I did it, personally, is different than how a lot of people do. I used two strips of Suboxone cut in to peices over the course of a week or two. Typically someone prescribed Suboxone takes a whole strip every day. I used the Suboxone to take some of the edge off of the withdrawls, but didn't use it long enough to get all that dependent on the Suboxone. I should say again that when I went into rehab I wasn't feeling great but I had dodged the worst of it for sure.

Lastly, Methadone. Stay away from this shit. Methadone is also a synthetic opiate and the withdrawls are absolutely the worst. There's a reason opiate users and addicts call Methadone users "lifers". They are typically hooked for life. Most places don't like to give out Methadone anymore for this reason. This shit is bad. You should be afraid of it.

Now if you manage to get past the withdrawls you're going to find yourself pretty lost mentally and emotionally. I go to 12 step meetings. Think of them as a guide to a way of life that is more healthy and balanced. Learning and adopting the philosophies laid out in their books and doing the work described in them has helped me more than anything else. Substance Abuse Disorder is a mental illness. 12 step meetings treat it.

I hope this information helps anyone who's trying to kick the habit.

puppy9

puppy9

saving the world, one death at a time
Maybe you should look into Kratom @BridgeJumper1994 It helps with opiate addiction and withdrawal symptoms.

Mm80

Mm80

Illuminated
Naltrexone is a medication commonly prescribed to treat opioid addiction (and alcoholism). That is not the reason I am on it, however, I have taken 50 mg naltrexone off and on for decades.

You are crying out for help struggling with a problem that really pisses me off, that you should not be having this difficult a time with, because a lousy medication like naltrexone might be able to relieve your anguish so readily. Ask about being placed on naltrexone, DEMAND an opportunity to try it. Embarrass any reluctant prescriber with the fact you know more about how to quickly, easily and efficiently treat an addiction like this better than any of them do. This is a readily available drug which can save hundreds of thousands, probably millions of lives.

Im really interested about naltrexone for alcohol particularly. Appoarently it blocks the euphoria you may feel so the connection in your brain with the drug and pleasure reverses? has it worked for you ?

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
I'm really interested about naltrexone for alcohol particularly. Apparently it blocks the euphoria you may feel so the connection in your brain with the drug and pleasure reverses? has it worked for you ?
Well I am not an alcoholic (or addict to any other such substances), so drinking alcohol while on naltrexone doesn't even make me sick. I originally tried it because a single psychiatrist in California claimed it ended the common problem of SSRI poop out in his practice. Unfortunately in my case, naltrexone did not restore the former efficacy of fluoxetine or any other SSRI antidepressants. However, for many years, a 6:00 PM cocktail of naltrexone, mirtazapine, terazosin and gabapentin reliably induced drowsiness in me two hours after taking it (a response which has regrettably been lost since I resumed taking that cocktail of medications this year).

A few years ago while attempting a trial run on the Atkins Diet Induction Phase, I resumed a combination of naltrexone with bupropion XL as a purported appetite suppressant substitute for Contrave (which is not yet covered by insurance plans), and there may be some value in controlling my hunger while in ketosis to facilitate weight loss, but this may also be nothing more than a placebo effect.

For me personally, naltrexone's been a very benign medication, nothing I have ever had any kind of adverse reaction to, but again, I suffer no clinical addiction responses to any substances.

However, I do wish more prescribers would no about and be prepared to prescribe naltrexone to substance abusers, as I have known a number who have died as a result of alcoholism, methamphetamine abuse, and other agents which naltrexone might be far more effective than any 12 step support program at treating.

You do describe naltrexone as I understand its effects on alcoholics and recreational drug addicts. Hopefully, the use of naltrexone will explode in Oregon as a result of the decriminalization and legalization of recreational drugs.

GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
Check out the Freedom Model.

BridgeJumper1994

BridgeJumper1994

The Arsonist
Yes but the suboxone clinic sent me away because of covid.
Tf am I supposed to do, lock myself in a barn for 2 weeks with valium and ramen noodles??
Ehhh I give up.
Bumping this thread at 3 AM because Im cuckoo