[Discussion] Plants as therapy

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

Pineapplecrown

Pineapplecrown

Pine
Oct 22, 2018
Who else uses plants as therapy. I try and channel all of my energy into my plants, making sure they are happy and thriving
New plant projects etc

I have found this beneficial

Anyone els keep indoor plants? Do they make you happy?

R

rata1

Wise
May 8, 2019
Europe
i have some plants: potatos, tomatos, strawberries, paprika... even a small garden. but as most of the plants do not grow as expected it is often depressing. but the work and the fresh air hepl a lot. what plants do you grow?

T

timf

Mar 26, 2020
I have read that some research finds rural over urban areas healthier. Some have even found that those who live near urban "green spaces" fare better. I suspect that a greater connection with the natural world has often unappreciated benefits.

K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
War Zone
i have a roof filled with beautiful plants that i always cared for. i love watching things grow and nurturing them.. but ever since i became actively suicidal i haven't gone up there.. tried not long ago and just fell to the floor and had a breakdown.. i often think about them dying up there.. now that im mentally a bit better i am terrified to go up and face that neglect.. the ones green now brown lush now bare.. that death again.. years of tending to them.. and now that its summer the Israeli sun and heat is a final k-o for the ones that maybe survived..
i wish they would just disappear like the past..

kappa

kappa

Apr 2, 2019
I used to enjoy it a lot. Especially when I saw bees on my flowers.

Now I am in an apartment so I could only do potted plants. I’ve been wanting to get some and start an indoor worm bin.

P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 10, 2020
I cared for two large jade plants that were gifts from a friend for years, something of a ritual and soothing.

kappa

kappa

Apr 2, 2019
I cared for two large jade plants that were gifts from a friend for years, something of a ritual and soothing.
I had to get rid of mine.. my cat got into it once and got rid of It when my roommate got a cat.

Just wanted to put it out there that jade plants are poisonous to cats.

Reactions: pete_x
puppy9

puppy9

Om Mani Padme Hum
Jun 13, 2019
Nirvana
I have a flower garden especially for the bees and butterflies to suck on. They're my best friends. I put lots of efforts just for em. :happy:

• Hug
Reactions: K-O
GoBack

GoBack

Illuminated
Apr 25, 2020
I used to have a garden very wild but had loads little pots wit flowers. I loved seeing them come back to life when it looked like they were gone by giving them some love.
Or maybe it was seasonal I dunno . Was lovely anyway

• Hug
Reactions: K-O
Underscore

Underscore

_
Jul 31, 2018
DisUnited Kingdom
www.youtube.com
i have a roof filled with beautiful plants that i always cared for. i love watching things grow and nurturing them.. but ever since i became actively suicidal i haven't gone up there.. tried not long ago and just fell to the floor and had a breakdown.. i often think about them dying up there.. now that im mentally a bit better i am terrified to go up and face that neglect.. the ones green now brown lush now bare.. that death again.. years of tending to them.. and now that its summer the Israeli sun and heat is a final k-o for the ones that maybe survived..
i wish they would just disappear like the past..
That's tough, I can relate. My old home had large gardens that I used to tend lovingly. When I became ill, I couldn't put the work in anymore and it all turned into a jungle. I was ashamed to venture out there. People used to suggest I just did a bit but I couldn't face it. It broke my heart.
I actually moved house so it's someone else's problem now! I dread to think what they have done to it all. But now I have a small container yard/garden (yarden) here at The Bunker. I started out with a tiny bit each day and now it's actually an addiction.

• Hug
  • Love
Reactions: K-O and Epsilon0
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
I have read that some research finds rural over urban areas healthier. Some have even found that those who live near urban "green spaces" fare better. I suspect that a greater connection with the natural world has often unappreciated benefits.
Yes I agree!! I live in a city. I’m from the Westcountry of England originally. I grew up in the countryside. I got really ill when I first moved to London, I couldn’t figure out why. Then it clicked, it was there was no nature around me. Just concrete. No fields, no moors, no woods. There was nowhere to escape to if I needed to think. It wasn’t good. Cities are unnatural and we as humans belong in nature. City life is extremely unhealthy and unnatural. I would have to go home to Somerset 3 times a year to recuperate. People who live in rural areas are lucky to have all the space around them, trees, wildlife etc. I feel torn from my roots, even though I decided at 18 years old to move to London. That’s another story for another day. I love London and consider it my home. But Somerset is my real home. My childhood home. My heart home.

R

racek

Mar 29, 2020
Yesterday i ordered 4 aloe vera plants. Lets see if they can produce oxygen

Reactions: rata1
Epsilon0

Epsilon0

Illuminated
Dec 28, 2019
Yes, I’ve always kept plants in every room. They are the only items of interior design I have. I can’t imagine how empty my house would feel without flower pots.

I love the colour green, it has a soothing effect on me.

And oh, that feeling when an orchid has been dormant for a few months and then suddenly sprouts a couple of flowers. That is pure joy.

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 21, 2019
somewhere in the Austrian Alps
Who else uses plants as therapy. I try and channel all of my energy into my plants, making sure they are happy and thriving
New plant projects etc

I have found this beneficial

Anyone els keep indoor plants? Do they make you happy?
I had a little redwood tree, but then I got sick and no one took care of it, so it died. :aw:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D [Discussion] Electroshock therapy Recovery 6
WastedSpace [Discussion] How many of you are in therapy? Why or why not? Recovery 38