Partners megathread, and calling people

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

N

NeetAccount1

Jul 3, 2020
(US) I think most of the time the partners thread is impractical and not going to work out. But I guess you can't be on a call with someone in their last moments, unless you're both going out at the same time? I think it would be nice if we could call each other so the people that don't want to, don't have to have their last moments being alone (sort of, not sure how to phrase that exactly). I don't think I would even know what to say though. Maybe talk up some BS utopian afterlife. But if I'm fatigued and have a bad headache like usual, I don't think I could be comforting.

I'm in the US and have a friend that is in the UK that is catching the bus very soon, likely a month before me. I guess it would still be a bad idea to call him in last moments? Unless there was a way to anonymize the call? Maybe members here from India, for example, could call people in the US (or Europe) in their last moments and vice versa, without law enforcement getting involved?

And I likely wouldn't be able to make the call with him anyway. :( Today one of the rare days where I'm not fatigued all the time, not sleeping 15 hours a day, and my constant headache is manageable.

Last edited:
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
There are apps that generate new/fake phone numbers. Ultimately though the app company could probably be subpoenaed for information. It depends on how aggressively the law is pursuing the case.

Reactions: NeetAccount1
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
You can call someone. Use discord. And when the call is complete, and hang up the call is disconnected. There is no way to prove you were on the phone as said person ctbd.. esp if there’s many hours before the person is found. Even if they called you as the “last caller” you can say when you hung up, the person was ok.
Especially if different countries. Also being on a call with no knowledge of persons location, you cannot call for help anyway. And you’re not assisting that person by providing materials to do so. It’s best not to text/chat as the conversation will be left behind unless you use telegram or similar and can delete both sides.

The part either participant needs to truly consider is the impact this has on you as an individual. It’s not a pleasant peaceful experience. And can traumatize the witness.

Last edited: