Name one thing you actually kind of like about yourself.

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

W

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Tall order for many of us, I know. I know my default is self-hatred. But if I can do it, so can you! I'll go first.

I actually have a pretty brave streak in me, and it's gotten me through some of the worst periods - homelessness, severe parental abuse, insane pressurized work environments. It's hard because it means ignoring (or suppressing) my other traits like sensitivity or fear, but I have been able to adapt quickly through many crises and still make it through. Friends and acquaintances frequently comment on this. If only bravery could reverse diseases and illness, then I'd be good.

Fight your self-consciousness and post here. You know you want to. :)
My height and body

BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
NW UK
I'm witty. That's something I pride myself on. I'm quick to find puns or notice wordplay in everyday situations

Reactions: Vorty27
K

KibblesNBits

Veteran
May 30, 2020
Everything I used to like about myself has been stripped away or never got to be in the first place. I am a shell of both who I was and who I could have been.

Reactions: Meditation guide
red_pen

red_pen

yob: 1999
Jul 2, 2020
my kindness? / understanding? i don't want to say "tolerance", because that seems mean.

anyway i try not to ever patronize people or make them feel less than, no matter their hobby or interest or whatever, because i know how much it hurts to be pitied. this is a bit hard after spending years on 4chan--like sometimes i do slip up and am cruel to be funny--but it's very very rare these days. i don't ignore people either (not that people ever try to speak with me in the first place, but...y'know when they do! i won't shut them out)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vorty27
F

Fullof pain

Jul 1, 2020
My stubbornness, works both ways though, a curse and a blessing. Guess it's what comes of having to fend for yourself at a young age.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
My hair. It's really thick and starting to grow longer since I no longer get perms

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Staff
Jun 12, 2018
Good question. There is actually one thing I like about myself: my strong sense for justice. I think me being bullied for so many years back in school contributed a lot to my desire that all humans should be able live freely and happily without oppression and discrimination. So there is at least one positive thing that came out of this, as a result of many years of bullying and abuse that happened back in my childhood. I suffered a lot and it's the reason why I'm still suicidal to this day but at least I also was able to learn how to feel empathy and compassion towards other people, especially the ones that suffer a lot as a consequence of this horrible, cold society. I can't stand people that abuse their power to step on weak, fragile and marginalized people. I think many of us wouldn't be here in this forum if we lived in a fair and compassionate society that actually cared about people and their well-being. I wish everyone was treated equally with respect and met with some dignity, we all deserve that. We all deserve to live a happy life, and pursue our goals. Sadly, that's not the reality. We don't live in an utopia and some of us were simply unlucky in life and met with a cruel fate. I'm one of them. There is no denial in that. But that's why I think everyone deserves at least a peaceful death. It's the least we can do for struggling and hurting people, for people that are suffering on a daily base and tired of living. But there are even people that oppose that and do everything in their power to deny us a peaceful exit. Unbelievable. I can't even imagine how absolutely cruel people have to be to support keeping people alive against their will. It's terrible. Anyway... I digress.

catsarecool

catsarecool

Jul 2, 2020
I'm very dedicated and passionate about drawing. For the past few years I've been gettin to the point where I actually like the stuff I make and my art style. Feels nice!