Name one thing you actually kind of like about yourself.

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
Tall order for many of us, I know. I know my default is self-hatred. But if I can do it, so can you! I'll go first.

I actually have a pretty brave streak in me, and it's gotten me through some of the worst periods - homelessness, severe parental abuse, insane pressurized work environments. It's hard because it means ignoring (or suppressing) my other traits like sensitivity or fear, but I have been able to adapt quickly through many crises and still make it through. Friends and acquaintances frequently comment on this. If only bravery could reverse diseases and illness, then I'd be good.

Fight your self-consciousness and post here. You know you want to. :)

Last edited:
L

Let'sgetoutofHERE

Oct 7, 2019
I'm good at writing apparently? The other day I stumbled upon a story that I had written 2 years ago and I was completely surprised at how good my writing actually was, I couldn't believe it was me who had written that. Gave me a lot of confidence :)

Last edited:
I

I’mDone

Wise
Mar 22, 2020
I genuinely care about people and will go to almost any lengths to help them. People often comment about how kind I am.

My fucked up brain can’t see this as a good thing, however, and I hate myself for it, because I feel that it stems from a pathological need to be liked.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
I genuinely care about people and will go to almost any lengths to help them. People often comment about how kind I am.

My fucked up brain can’t see this as a good thing, however, and I hate myself for it, because I feel that it stems from a pathological need to be liked.
Well it might not be such a good thing. It seems to be a common trait with poor, homeless and generally downtrodden people (only from my observations). Giving and helping should come from a place of abundance and strength. Altruism is not a very good survival strategy.

L

Let'sgetoutofHERE

Oct 7, 2019

Easier said than done, I know, but don't believe your brain. You sound like a wonderful person and I'm sure almost everyone who knows you would agree with me :)

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I love animals, a lot. It's exemplified by my autism. While I struggle to understand emotions from others, I have a strong ability to understand how animals are. One of my favorite things is to squeeze both of my dogs together in this three-person-hug-thing every time I wake up. There's comfort when I talk with them. It drowns out any thoughts of CTB.