My butanediol froze

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
iceiceice722

iceiceice722

-
Nov 28, 2019
I accidentally left my 1,4 Butanediol outside and it froze . I haven't even opened it yet , any idea if it is still usable ?

Failed in life

Failed in life

Almost time
Dec 11, 2018
Netherlands
Would it affect the chemical formula?
I have an unopened bottle and it was delivered frozen. I think it's fine. I read this somewhere:

"1,4-butanediol is normally a liquid, but it has a very high freezing point. It will begin to freeze at 20.1 degrees Celsius (68 degrees Fahrenheit). At temperatures below this, it will turn first into a gelatinous mass, and then harder at lower temperatures. If your 1,4-butanediol has been stored in a cool environment, this is probably what happened to it. Letting it warm up should thaw it back to a liquid. As long as it has been stored in an air tight container and not exposed to extreme heat or cold, it's unlikely that it has broken down into anything else."