Discussion introvert vs extrovert

are you an introvert or extrovert?

• Total voters
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Please, call me Willow.
Reaction score
im curious what the introvert to extrovert ratio is. i thought maybe their would be something in the last survey but i didnt see anything and when i searched "introvert vs extrovert" i didnt find anything (maybe i should have tried variations?)

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Reaction score
I'd say I'm a bit of both. I was very introverted growing up but life has forced me to interact more and "come out of my shell" so to speak.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Please, call me Willow.
Reaction score
I'd say I'm a bit of both. I was very introverted growing up but life has forced me to interact more and "come out of my shell" so to speak.
i have a social anxiety so im introverted around strangers but for the most part fine around people i know. although lately thats gotten worse and i refuse to interact with real humans that arent my husband. not that you guys arent real humans but theres kind of a screen between us is all i mean lol

Nymph

Nymph

non-binary, they/them
Reaction score
I’m a very intense introvert, antisocial. I genuinely love being alone and I don’t crave human inter action. I know introverts need to “recharge” but for me to feel okay I need all of my time to be “recharge” time which is obviously impossible in this world

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Reaction score
It's called an ambivert.
I likely misused the terms as I am very much introvert espcially considering apparently schizoid yet I do not lack social skills at all and seem to be quite the bubbly one if I want yet find it painful to be near humans once they stop entertaining me in some way.

If you really want to get a kick out of personality characteristics check out the Myers-Briggs personality test of the 16 personalities.
I actually find the enneagram to be much much better than the horoscopes lolz

do not conform

do not conform

my life - a continuous double bind
Reaction score
In, and further in, and further in.

And down, and further down...

Last edited:
Acopia

Acopia

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel I’m an introvert, however I present as an extrovert because I overcompensate for my anxiety by being an annoying twerp that never shuts up.
- A:pfff:

Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Reaction score
Introvert. I’ve left the house about two times in the last few weeks, which is a pretty high amount for me this year.

Echo

Echo

Not waving but drowning-
Reaction score
I’m introverted in person. I’m scared of people..

Online i’m a touch more more outgoing...

How is that classified?

Still introverted?

Uncle Donk

Uncle Donk

I tried. I really did.
Reaction score
Extrovert as a child but find myself as a full blown introvert as an adult.

xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Can I be excused for the rest of my life?
Reaction score
Definitely a born/natural introvert, I was a painfully shy kid growing up, but in some aspects of my life, for example my job and being an activist, I had no choice but to become more outgoing(which was a good thing)

X

Ximon

Reaction score
Introvert.
I can "fake" extroversion for a while, but after 1h or so i'm drained.... unless i drink:ahhha:

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Reaction score
Definitely an ambivert. Sometimes I’m introverted, sometimes I’m extroverted. It depends

T

TheWhiskyTheLiar

Reaction score
I'm extremely anxious as a person but draw people to me like moths to a flame.

I like being alone and dislike people but make friends extrodinarily easily. I'm the person people ask for directions, sit with on coffee shops out of the blue, tell me their troubles and their life story's.

Everyone else would consider me extroverted because of that and a loud 'bubbly' personality, but I hate people and would rather be sat alone with a book.

I suppose faking being extroverted would make me both?

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Arcanist
Reaction score
Both. It just depends on the situation and the people. I used to be very shy as a kid, but I grew out of it mostly. Even though I have horrible anxiety, social anxiety isn't usually the problem. I'm not all that awkward or anything in casual settings and they don't bother me. I actually love being around people as long as I'm not out of my element. It's only things like job interviews or similar situations that I'm a complete wreck, any kind of public speaking.. situations where I'm obviously being judged. Even with strangers and people I don't know well, it just depends. Some of them, I can be super talkative and bubbly right away and then with others, incredibly quiet and reserved. It all depends on the energy others are giving out, as to how I react.

Of course, the past few years I've almost completely isolated myself. It's not about people though and I'd like to have some friends to hang out with again. I enjoy my alone time and need my space, but I've had too much of it these past few years and I'm lonely now. People really like me though and everyone tries to be my friend. Now the main problem is that I live in a new state and don't know anyone.

Last edited:
LunarPoppies

LunarPoppies

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Reaction score
I'm introverted by nature but I manage several online communities/have some social media presence which requires me to make myself look more extroverted