Inspirational Descriptions of Death (AKA the Unfuckable Void)

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
I don't know about you, but I need a little cheerleading now and then on my march toward premature death.

Anybody have passages or recordings of ideas about death that speak to you?

Whenever I'm beating myself up about being a loser, bemoaning my hopeless future, or hulk smashing something out of rage, I have to remind myself that my misery will soon be at an end. When I think about it this way, it feels less like fleeing life and more like chasing a well-earned vacation.

For some reason, I keep returning to this beautiful poetry:

"Then one day, on our deathbed, (hopefully) surrounded by the people we gave the majority of our fucks to throughout our life, and those few who still give a fuck about us, with a silent gasp we will gently let our last fuck go. Through the tears and the gently fading beeps of the heart monitor and the dimming fluorescence encapsulating us in its divine hospital halo, we drift into some unknowable and unfuckable void."

Source: https://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-fuck
Author: Mark Manson, author of a self-help book about not giving a fuck.

I guess the heavyhanded profanity speaks to me somehow. Reading the buildup in the longer post is also something I'd recommend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Death to liberate Suicide Discussion 6
A Death by SN Intoxication: Report of 14 Cases in South Korea Suicide Discussion 9
B Anybody looking forward to death Suicide Discussion 10
S Walking to his death: Last moments of Seoul mayor as he set off to kill himself Suicide Discussion 10
SoIntoYou What do you think happens after death? Suicide Discussion 45
StateOfMind [Discussion] The Last Days of Death Row Inmate Scott Dozier | VICE on HBO Suicide Discussion 3
thatslife [Venting] Struggling with the thought of "after death" Suicide Discussion 1
J My previous attempts + my soon death Suicide Discussion 6
B what happens after death Suicide Discussion 16
Stavrogin I want to laugh in the face of death, make me giggle. Suicide Discussion 3
UchihaMadara Death will come for all of us Suicide Discussion 12
E [Story] Death Suicide Discussion 5
snuffcore [Discussion] Do any of you ever feel like faking your death? Suicide Discussion 4
Close_to_freedom Death should realistically be viewed as a positive. Suicide Discussion 24
H Resurrection? Death again. Suicide Discussion 11
D [Discussion] Death by starvation Suicide Discussion 23
Ardesevent [Discussion] Death from negligence Suicide Discussion 4
J What is the real US death toll from Covid? Suicide Discussion 14
HelensNepenthe Death is staring at me at the front door Suicide Discussion 48
Close_to_freedom How would people describe you after your death? Suicide Discussion 59
C [Discussion] Is death predestined or not Suicide Discussion 9
WarRunner [Discussion] What can I expect from death? Suicide Discussion 9
Close_to_freedom Anyone else find the word death intimidating? Suicide Discussion 32
Close_to_freedom How exactly would witnesses to a jumping death be screwed up mentally? Suicide Discussion 5
thrw_a_way1221221 [Venting] Pro-lifers refuse to allow this man a dignified exit. Instead, they want to let him suffer until his natural death. Suicide Discussion 10
Walilamdzi Ideas to make death a protest against forced inpatient hospitalisation? Suicide Discussion 9
pentobarbitaldreams What are some good ways to meditate on death? Suicide Discussion 3
pentobarbitaldreams Books related to suicide/death worth reading before CTB? Suicide Discussion 11
D What is after death or ctb? Suicide Discussion 6
4giveme [Discussion] Life after death? Suicide Discussion 19
hate_myself [Discussion] dreams, and a way of thinking about death Suicide Discussion 0
Close_to_freedom How do I look at death clearly without everything humans have added to it through myth and superstition? Suicide Discussion 9
T I have a death date in mind Suicide Discussion 0
GoodPersonEffed [Resource] A Stoic Defense Against Pro-Life Rhetoric (and Other Stoic Quotes on Death and Suicide!) Suicide Discussion 63