[Discussion] I can't imagine what it's like to just... not be depressed

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

arch

Mar 18, 2018
Are there even people out there who are content and genuinely happy? It's so hard to picture me even feeling that way consistently. It's like when I think of how huge the universe is and how humans were created - bit dramatic, but I simply can't fathom it, haha.

Hikingcat

Mar 19, 2018
I started an antidepressant recently and I started thinking ... what if it actually works? What would life be like? I can't actually even imagine what it would be like or who I would be as a person without depression. It was a little scary, actually.

123asdr123

Mar 17, 2018
I started an antidepressant recently and I started thinking ... what if it actually works? What would life be like? I can't actually even imagine what it would be like or who I would be as a person without depression. It was a little scary, actually.
hate to break it to you but youll be worse off in long run and short tun on anti-d or anti-p

Reactions: EvilAngelGoddess

123asdr123

Mar 17, 2018
mindset is a lot i can tell you but there are also cases where you are screwed because your body is messed up. Maybe being ugly can be one. But i believe the people who really are suicidal for a good reason have been injured or something like that. Also some people are really stubborn and dont want to make changes in their life. Some forget how and I guess it can be too late.

Reactions: Redt2go

Vox

Mar 28, 2018
Are there even people out there who are content and genuinely happy?
I was once. It's funny looking back because like you said, now it's hard to imagine. From what I remember, it's the feeling of being safe. When the world is just a tiny bubble of your closest friends and nice strangers who smile.

Once you realize the world is NOT safe & happy, and strangers are more likely to shoot you than smile, and the universe is stacked against you in every conceivable way, well....... I don't need to explain that to anyone here.

But yeah I was happy once, and at the time I swore it was real. Life was awesome. But sort of like when you learn the secret behind a magic trick that once fooled you, you can never go back and feel the magic again.

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
Are there even people out there who are content and genuinely happy?
100% of the time, no; nothing lasts forever.
But people generally content with their life? Yes.
Personally, I feel that to be content like that, one has to have a certain level of ignorance. But I suppose an optimistic view could counter lower levels of ignorance.

Reactions: Luke and Lotharius

weonaestupida

still wanting to die
May 13, 2019
i always remembered feeling this way even when i was a child ,so i literally don’t have memories of me being fine?? or genuinely happy?? or wanting to live??

Reactions: Rose

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
Maybe as a child, but that was more blissful ignorance than happiness. I don't think I'll ever be happy anymore.

Rose

ad finitum
Nov 11, 2018
I've been the way I am (although gradually getting worse) ever since I can remember

Even when there is hope, I always have a sick feeling in my stomach about it, like it'll never work out for me.
At this point, my identity is so entirely built off of all of my issues that I'm not sure there would be anything left if all of that somehow went away, when I think of that I envision a scared kid, but even that kid deep down inside has always been suffering from all of this.

I can't imagine anyone that could be defined in any non-superficial way as "me" that's not miserable. Was anything even lost, or was I just lacking from the starting line?

Reactions: Chalken

Please_stop

Apr 8, 2019
It's really a shame that there is no substance on Earth that enables you to just don't think about the things that haunt you with no bad side effects