[Method] How much Nitrogen?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

W

whitelacedress

Jun 3, 2020
I want to die painlessly in a bathroom filled with gas nitrogen, can someone tell me how much gas I need, let's say, for an 8 m2 bathroom? Roughly.

W

whitelacedress

Jun 3, 2020
Roughly, you need to get a bag.
Okay, thx, was hoping I could avoid putting in effort
A lot, not a good idea. Also if your bathroom is not air tight, nitrogen will leave rather quickly.

Perhaps CO poisoning is the better alternative for you.
Thank you, I'll read into it

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

I almost always edit my posts.
Jan 11, 2020
I read on this form an idea for argon, use the site search for argon and tub. One can conceivably seal a bathtub with thick layers of plastic wrap and insert a hose (sealed well at the entrance, maybe reinforce with tape).

• Love
Reactions: whitelacedress
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Since Argon is denser than air, it is possible to "sleep" in the tub and slowly fill it with Argon, so plastic wrapping would not be necessary. However, it is important not to cause any turbulence as the gas would spill over the rim.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Veteran
Dec 28, 2019
USA
Each gas has different properties which is worth learning about as it can make or break your setup. Depending on availability it may determine your setup. Some examples of the various gases are, helium is the second smallest atom and therefor in our atmosphere it quickly rises. It is why it is popular for party balloons. Argon is almost 10 times heavier than helium, being a larger atom, and will quickly sink in air. It is why Greenberg mentioned the tub example.

It is important to learn about the gases if you are to use them. Sadly, you can't be lazy if you want to be successful. Overall, gases are hard to control and contain. The rate of releasing the gas is also important. I know there is an inert gas thread here somewhere which I assume goes over all this. I recommend digging it up and reading it through thoroughly.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Nevada, USA
It is important to learn about the gases if you are to use them. Sadly, you can't be lazy if you want to be successful. Overall, gases are hard to control and contain. The rate of releasing the gas is also important. I recommend digging ... and reading ... thoroughly.
@4eyebiped is absolutely right!

One needs to get down to a pretty low level of oxygen for the inert gas method to work (see below). It's just not reasonable to remove/displace enough the oxygen already present in a typical bathroom (unless you have loads of pure gas)... nor make make the room airtight enough to prevent new oxygen from entering.

Making a bag/hood is cheap, takes 5 minutes, and is proven. Sealing a typical bathroom is very expensive, takes a very long time, and is risky.

Table is from a book I can highly recommend (and cited in the Wiki) called Five Last Acts – The Exit Path (2015 edition): The arts and science of rational suicide in the face of unbearable, unrelievable suffering 2nd Edition by Chris Docker. He spends 124 pages on the chapter "Helium & inert gas" and it is very well written.

1593467131143.jpeg

Last edited:
L

Lastsauce

Dec 22, 2019
fi
Since Argon is denser than air, it is possible to "sleep" in the tub and slowly fill it with Argon, so plastic wrapping would not be necessary. However, it is important not to cause any turbulence as the gas would spill over the rim.
Argon is so slightly denser than air that tiny air currents would mix it with air.
I read on this form an idea for argon, use the site search for argon and tub. One can conceivably seal a bathtub with thick layers of plastic wrap and insert a hose (sealed well at the entrance, maybe reinforce with tape).
That would work but the tub has so large volume it would take quite some time to fill up with the maximum flow rate of most regulators being 30-40lpm.
You'd need a breathing tube while waiting for the air to be displaced enough.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
aliceinwonderland How Much N do you need depending on your weight? Suicide Discussion 5
Close_to_freedom What are your current distractions and how much longer do you think they’ll distract you? Suicide Discussion 20
HangingByAThread Not Sure how much longer Suicide Discussion 4
F How do you convince a sensitive person that it wasn't their fault? Suicide Discussion 1
W How do you be brave Suicide Discussion 8
S how many helium balloons in a car so u can get asphyxia ? Suicide Discussion 8
_Minsk [Venting] How is it even possible to get out of this swamp if there's nothing else? Suicide Discussion 2
tmcglone25 How long does SN take to work? Suicide Discussion 2
TheSoulless [Venting] How am I supposed to enjoy life again? Suicide Discussion 5
Stevenstevensteven How fucked up am i? Suicide Discussion 16
eiyuu [Discussion] How do you know? Suicide Discussion 15
TimeToBiteTheDust "Life is beautiful no matter how hard it is" Suicide Discussion 44
S Can’t believe this is how I’m spending my 20th birthday Suicide Discussion 16
catsarecool How to protect my loved ones from the pain? Suicide Discussion 3
E How long have you wanted to CTB? Suicide Discussion 36
iDieUDie80 [Help] How to overcome the fear of post-existence/post-consciousness? Suicide Discussion 19
W How Can I Do This to My Parents? Suicide Discussion 16
overwhelming [Discussion] How does one successfully hide their depression? Suicide Discussion 6
anonymousapple [Help] How long can Metoclopramide be stored safely? Suicide Discussion 2
J [Help] How to prepare before i CTB? Suicide Discussion 4
Finally_Free [Discussion] How to deal with the perspective of people who love us being traumatized by we CTBing? Suicide Discussion 9
J How to ensure medics won’t “save” you after a suicide attempt Suicide Discussion 23
rhiino Who lost a loved one to suicide / how has it affected you? Suicide Discussion 13
E How do i get N from A? Suicide Discussion 2
B How long will sn last if I order it Suicide Discussion 9
anonymousapple How effective is Risperidone in SN method? Suicide Discussion 14
Finally_Free [Help] How to calibrate a cheap precision scale for SN method? Suicide Discussion 0
TimeToBiteTheDust [Venting] Pisces the most depressive? How many here? Suicide Discussion 26
H How can I numb physical pain so I could ctb through cutting ? Suicide Discussion 6
A [Help] How early do you think I could ctb at a hotel without getting caught? Suicide Discussion 6
Close_to_freedom Without distractions how are you able to live? Suicide Discussion 0
Q How do I kill myself Suicide Discussion 14
_Minsk [Discussion] how long has it been going like this?.. Suicide Discussion 9
KuRsAnI [Method] How necessary is an antiemetic for the SN method? Suicide Discussion 10
S [Discussion] How do you know when you've had enough? Suicide Discussion 3
Iwouldratherdie How to pay for a hotel at checkout? Suicide Discussion 28
B How can you access dark web? Suicide Discussion 6
I [Venting] how to take xanax properly ? Suicide Discussion 4
WarRunner [Discussion] How painful would be a neck slice be? Suicide Discussion 3
pentobarbitaldreams (SN) How do dopamine blockers prevent you from vomiting Suicide Discussion 3
Close_to_freedom How would people describe you after your death? Suicide Discussion 59
K How Will You Prepare? Suicide Discussion 15
pentobarbitaldreams How long do I have from opening/mixing the SN until it gets less effective? Suicide Discussion 14
B I don't know how and what to do... Suicide Discussion 3
B How to push past survival instinct Suicide Discussion 15
Sad_Autistic_boy_101 [Discussion] How do you deal with still being here? Suicide Discussion 44
C [Method] inert gas asphyxiation - how to Suicide Discussion 3
Iwouldratherdie How many tea spoons of sn? Suicide Discussion 10
J How many people on here do you think have actually committed suicide? Suicide Discussion 37
Close_to_freedom How exactly would witnesses to a jumping death be screwed up mentally? Suicide Discussion 5