How many people have you known personally that have commited suicide?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage nor aid suicide, and the information offered here is for educational purposes only. For more information visit our FAQ.
    If you are in need of immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
Laststop

Laststop

Jul 9, 2019
I had an aunt go off out of state and OD on meds, a cousin that put a rifle in his mouth and shot himself, and a kid that was the son of friends who hung himself at only 22. I went to his funeral. You could make out the rope mark on his neck a little. It was tough. He was a sweet kid.

Last edited:
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
United States
My sister in law took an overdose of insulin. She was type 1 diabetic. I also had a good friend pass away. I don't know how, but he had a really bad alcohol problem. I still miss him, and feel I failed him.

ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
Virgo Supercluster
Are we talking about both successful and unsuccessful attempts or just those that actually completed it? If unsuccessful then other than myself only one person. If successful then none.

• Sad
Reactions: Laststop
magick'sgone

magick'sgone

May 16, 2019
I've been to 4 suicide funerals. 3 were from the same family and within a 2 year period. The first one set off the chain. First the daughter went, then the mother, then the father.

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Mod
Mar 7, 2019
I had an aunt go off out of state and OD on meds, a cousin that put a rifle in his mouth and shot himself, and a kid that was the son of friends who hung himself at only 22. I went to his funeral. You could make out the rope mark on his neck a little. It was tough. He was a sweet kid.
I don't know anyone in family or friends that committed suicide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laststop
Thanatos

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
I've been to 4 suicide funerals. 3 were from the same family and within a 2 year period. The first one set off the chain. First the daughter went, then the mother, then the father.
Worried I'll set off the chain with my family, inherited all their mental illness. Feel like I was engineered to be fucked up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)