How many people have you known personally that have commited suicide?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
Laststop

Laststop

Wise
Jul 9, 2019
I had an aunt go off out of state and OD on meds, a cousin that put a rifle in his mouth and shot himself, and a kid that was the son of friends who hung himself at only 22. I went to his funeral. You could make out the rope mark on his neck a little. It was tough. He was a sweet kid.

Last edited:
ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
Virgo Supercluster
Are we talking about both successful and unsuccessful attempts or just those that actually completed it? If unsuccessful then other than myself only one person. If successful then none.

• Aw..
Reactions: Laststop
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Mod
Mar 7, 2019
I had an aunt go off out of state and OD on meds, a cousin that put a rifle in his mouth and shot himself, and a kid that was the son of friends who hung himself at only 22. I went to his funeral. You could make out the rope mark on his neck a little. It was tough. He was a sweet kid.
I don't know anyone in family or friends that committed suicide.

Last edited:
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
3 I know of. I don’t know all of my history. I have a nephew with ideation and a ton of issues. Some days the thought of him keeps me here - I wouldn’t want it to influence him. Then again, my family has definitely kept up a host of lies through generations - I’m sure a story about “mixing up medications,” or something to fit the method would explain me away quickly.

TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Apr 24, 2019
None. Kind of wish I did so I could observe up close what this does to a family.

Reactions: Final Escape
Roger

Roger

Wizard
May 11, 2019
UK
About thirteen

Gassing x 5 (2 coal gas, 3 CO in car)

Hanging x 3

Shooting x 3

Parachute x 1

Train x 1

Me. But not quite yet.

Saga

Saga

In my memories a smiling me doesn't exist
Jul 20, 2019
near the bus stop
My uncle committed suicide 3 years ago, he shot himself in the head he survived that for a couple of days but he never woke up and eventually they had to take off the life line that was keeping him on this planet..he is at peace now...I wish I will be soon

AnnonyBox

AnnonyBox

Apr 12, 2018
I suspect more than one, but I'm shite at funerals so I never find out. The one I do know of went out by carbon monoxide poisoning. Overall, I'd say it was a peaceful way to go. Considering what I knew of the family life, it must have been a mercy to go.

imademypicture

imademypicture

Mar 13, 2019
My cousin sister. She was 3rd year art student. She jumped from the 2nd floor, ended up in the hospital for couple of days but couldn't make it.

Etherealdignity333

Etherealdignity333

Ad Astra
Jul 21, 2019
My dad. I feel we were a lot alike. He made it to 34, though, so he’s got two years on me.

S

Shamana

Arcanist
May 31, 2019

A friend from my childhood and teenagehood. Hanged himself around 20 years old.

My best friends little brother when he was about 18 hanged himself.

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
NZ
4 confirmed, 1 suspected

Edit: brother, ex-boyfriend, two former students of mine.

It’s suspected my uncle also killed himself.
do you feel any guilt about the ex bf? I feel like commiting soley because of my ex but ofc dont want her to feel guilty

Morphinekiss

Morphinekiss

Look out your window and I'll be gone
Jun 8, 2019
do you feel any guilt about the ex bf? I feel like commiting soley because of my ex but ofc dont want her to feel guilty
No. He had severe ptsd from being a combat medic. I wish I could have helped him more, but I know his demons got him in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)