Getting private messages from banned users

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
I received an email from a member with their name struck out. Is this possible? With the issues relating to scammers that is highlighted this week, isn't this a big hole in security? Or was it a glitch?

Reactions: puppy9
trynacbt

trynacbt

-
Sep 28, 2019
I’ve gotten messages from someone who has self-banned before, too. Strange.

Reactions: puppy9
omoidarui

omoidarui

hai
Apr 30, 2019
You’ve gotten an e-mail? Are you sure you don’t just mean a PM, which is different - if you’re meaning to say personal details of users have been leaked that’ll just be the next thing we need lmao ! (But i think you mean PM so is ok)

Thanks for pointing it out though because that‘s still a major security issue.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
United Kingdom
You’ve gotten an e-mail? Are you sure you don’t just mean a PM, which is different - if you’re meaning to say personal details of users have been leaked that’ll just be the next thing we need lmao ! (But i think you mean PM so is ok)
Sorry - I am an old guy! Correction. PM or DM however it is phrased in the 21st Century. Thanks for the correction :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Suicide Discussion 3
S Suicide Discussion 7
W Offtopic 8