Funeral Song?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

Baguette

Baguette

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
I’m gonna ctb tomorrow and I’ve written a note detailing what I want(burial etc). I’ve also instructed the song which I’d like to be played at my funeral which is Read My Mind by the Killers(my favourite band). I’m curious at what other people would want played at their funeral?

Philosykos

Philosykos

Veteran
May 30, 2020
I'd prefer not having a funeral, I don't want there to be too much sadness surrounding my death. But I suppose it can't be avoided and I also understand that some people will want some kind of memorial service, if only for some kind of closure. In that case maybe the MerDer Theme from Grey's Anatomy. It's a small, simple piano melody but for some reason it's always really stuck with me ever since I first watched the show some 10+ years ago. It has something strangely haunting about it and as much as the show has flown off the rails like it has wings in more recent years, I will always fondly remember the early seasons. The main character Meredith I could always relate to a lot, she and I are similar in many ways and for a while she gave me hope that dark and twisted weirdos like us can maybe find happiness after all.

Sorry for the rant. Link to the tune is below if anyone would like to listen.

NoPlaceForme

NoPlaceForme

We wanted peace
Jun 13, 2020
I don't want a funeral. But I can imagine I will have one anyway. If I am to I always felt like I would want "Never Forget" from the halo 3 soundtrack to be played. There isn't one song I can choose that can explain everything. So I feel having a good but sad piano song played would be the best. Also nice music choice.

G

GoneGoneGone

Wise
Apr 1, 2020
I'd prefer not having a funeral, I don't want there to be too much sadness surrounding my death. But I suppose it can't be avoided and I also understand that some people will want some kind of memorial service, if only for some kind of closure. In that case maybe the MerDer Theme from Grey's Anatomy. It's a small, simple piano melody but for some reason it's always really stuck with me ever since I first watched the show some 10+ years ago. It has something strangely haunting about it and as much as the show has flown off the rails like it has wings in more recent years, I will always fondly remember the early seasons. The main character Meredith I could always relate to a lot, she and I are similar in many ways and for a while she gave me hope that dark and twisted weirdos like us can maybe find happiness after all.

Sorry for the rant. Link to the tune is below if anyone would like to listen.

Omg yes... so much.
I’d love Viva la Vida, Coldplay, at my Cremation

Vorty27

Vorty27

Freedom or Death
Jun 28, 2020
Europe
OMG, I realized now I wrote Devin... I meant David, I am sorry. O.o Disturbed's singer. :)

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

どうか安らかに暁に眠れ
Jan 7, 2020
I've posted this piece on SS so many times... And I will continue to post it until it's time for it to play at my funeral:

Walilamdzi

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I thought I would like Peacock Tail by Boards of Canada.

But then listening to that, the atmosphere might be a bit too weird for people. So maybe something like this. I don't mind really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baguette
M

MyStateKilledMe

Veteran
Apr 23, 2020
"In the End" by Linkin Park - because of the line "in the end, it doesn't even matter", where "end" could mean death

"Island in the Sun" by Weezer - because of it's double meaning: what sounds like a vacation is really about heroin

"Smells like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana - because of its dark, cryptic lyrics, and a pervasive dark tone

"Enter Sandman" by Metallica - because of its juxtaposition of a childhood fear and a real danger

"Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston - because of the repetitive word "suicidal" in the chorus, to stick it to attendees

Last edited:
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
the united kingdom
/
words fail - dear evan hansen
when youre gone - avril lavigne
who knew - p!nk

1st and 3rd ones explain how i felt and why i did what i did so i think its fitting :3
nice nao profile pic (:

/

i don't want a funeral, but if i had to pick a song, it would probably be 'kisetsu wa tsugitsugi shindeiku' by amazarashi. it's such a beautiful song, the lyrics are great and the vocals/instrumentals are amazing to listen to