[Help] Finding the Femoral Artery

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
How to I figure out exactly where it is? I have looked at pictures but can't figure it out on my own leg.

Maribelle

Maribelle

stupid
Apr 15, 2018

I imagine this would work. Just mess around until you locate your pulse.

From another article, "Draw an imaginary line from the hip bone to the pubic bone. This should be just above the natural crease in your body where your lower abdomen meets your thigh. Place your fingers on the hip bone and go toward your belly button about three inches. Then go toward your leg about four inches."

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Thank you! I think part of the problem is my vascular system isn't fully developed due to illness as a child so my pulse can be hard to find. I'm actually not planning on this as a method but it's a good thing to know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Curlyfried Still having issues finding an AE Suicide Discussion 24
Chameleons31 [Discussion] Finding the right rope Suicide Discussion 4
Sangre Stabbing the femoral artery Suicide Discussion 9