Does anyone have uncontrollable bouts of crying?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

nnnerve

nnnerve

im so depressed i cant even blink
Jun 19, 2019
I cry at least once a day. It never feels like enough. I was always a crybaby and adults would joke like "keep crying like that and you'll run out of tears!" I fuckin wish!!

Reactions: Huntfish34
C

catmom13

Apr 29, 2020
My medications have rendered me physically unable to cry. I could feel like the absolute worst shit right now(I've been in a very low depressive state for the past month) and my brain would know and recognize the anguish, but it's still not enough to cry.

It's like my meds have built a soundproof glass case for my emotions(ha, Anchorman, anyone?) and no matter how hard I yell inside, my outside still looks like: :\ . Sometimes if I try really, really hard I get some tears out and it brings a bit of a relief. Almost feels like a treat at that point.

I can't believe I'm typing this out, but I actually miss having a good cry.

• Hug
Reactions: BlackPoppet
Final Escape

Final Escape

Existing somewhere between life and death
Jul 8, 2018
It got bad the more I was abusing speed pills but it calmed back down since I stopped last two days. I’m stopping before I ctb bc I can’t think clearly enough to accomplish ctb. My brain feels like it’s in a vice grip again. The joys of withdrawal :/

BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wizard
Mar 7, 2020
Yes I do find myself crying.
Mostly because I can't believe my life turned out like this.

Maybe I was just delusional but I never thought it would be like this.
Yes me too. I feel quite lost and directionless. I can’t stand it. A big hug to you, from me. :hug:
My medications have rendered me physically unable to cry. I could feel like the absolute worst shit right now(I've been in a very low depressive state for the past month) and my brain would know and recognize the anguish, but it's still not enough to cry.

It's like my meds have built a soundproof glass case for my emotions(ha, Anchorman, anyone?) and no matter how hard I yell inside, my outside still looks like: :\ . Sometimes if I try really, really hard I get some tears out and it brings a bit of a relief. Almost feels like a treat at that point.

Yes I’ve been there too, when I was on quetiapine. No emotions whatsoever. Even had bad Anhedonia. Which also scared me. I felt like an automaton.

S

Sweet Release

Veteran
Nov 24, 2019

Thats terrible.
To be in pain but not able to express it or have that emotional release must be awful.
I feel for you.

I

Isisnefert

Mar 17, 2020
[QUOTE = "Sweet Release, publicación: 723672, miembro: 12405"]
Eso es terrible.
Tener dolor pero no poder expresarlo o tener esa liberación emocional debe ser horrible.
Lo siento por ti.
[/CITAR]
Yo me he negado a tomar antidepresivos porque no te permiten llorar y sacar fuera toda la ira y la tristeza

Cashewmilk

Cashewmilk

Veteran
Mar 10, 2020
I can't cry anymore... it's really hard for me nowadays. I used to cry uncontrollably when I was a bit younger and more sober. But in the last 5 years or so I barely cry. I cried when my hamster died, and when I get frustrated from my sister attacking me verbally, but other than that I have no tears left. I've cried a million tears and I'm dried out, probably also due to my opiate addiction, it numbs everything.

I do choke up and get on the verge sometimes but for some reason I quickly stop it. I don't like crying infront of others even my family... it's so fake to me nobody takes it seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntfish34
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
When I’m not on medication I cry constantly.
Thanks to prozac, I cannot even cry when I really want to, even with great physical pain.

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
No, I cannot cry at all. I could be at a funeral and zero tears...that’s a sign things are about to end I’m certain. If you can cry it’s a good sign, might not feel like it but I think it is
Peace/hugs

niloc

niloc

Relax — This won't hurt
May 6, 2020
Hi guys.
Lately I just can’t stop crying. Like real racking sobbing and other times it’s a sadness that causes tears to run from my eyes, but I’m not making a sobbing sound. It’s just no sound at all.
Does anybody have this?
I wish I could actually get myself to cry. I feel that a blubbering, crumpled ball of crying might actually be cathartic for me. I simply can't do it and it frustrates me to no end.

• Hug
Reactions: BlackPoppet
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wizard
Mar 7, 2020
I wish I could actually get myself to cry. I feel that a blubbering, crumpled ball of crying might actually be cathartic for me. I simply can't do it and it frustrates me to no end.
Yes I’ve had long periods of anhedonia as well. It’s awful! I’m here if you need a chat.:hug:

• Hug
Reactions: Nem