Does Anyone Feel Like Their Mental Illness Worsens With Each Passing Year?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

J

Joxalldaita

Ender of all
Jun 12, 2020
Yes. I remember when I was more resilient and functional. I thought it was bad then. I had no idea how bad it was going to get. I become increasingly isolated from the world to protect myself, and as a result I become increasingly sensitised to interaction with the world. It's a negative cycle.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
United States.
Yes and no. I used to hold many more convictions, morals, and truths. I find myself backsliding then I pick myself back up.

Ultimately though, we're all degrading in some way shape or form each day. We're born to die, and tomorrow will always be worse then today to some degree.

• Hug
Reactions: WinterFaust
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Hikikomori
Apr 13, 2020
For me, yes. For a while on the outside it looked like I was doing better but really depression was chipping away at me for years. I used to appear resilient but I think I was just angry. Now I'm just tired of being like this. I can't even push to help myself anymore, it's not sustainable. I won't last very long.

• Aw..
Reactions: Sadkitty
selfhater

selfhater

Wise
Mar 1, 2020
ya waay worse than ever i thought i had it worse but life said nope u have seen nothing

Reactions: Skathon
E

ERASED

May 17, 2020
Yes it's getting now to the point where I cant focus or concentrate. My mind is deteriorating and so is my body.

S

Sadkitty

May 16, 2020
Not me, 7 yrs getting worse, then treatment, "cured" in a few months, 3 years no symptoms & no longer on meds.
What treatment "cured" you?
Yes. I remember when I was more resilient and functional. I thought it was bad then. I had no idea how bad it was going to get. I become increasingly isolated from the world to protect myself, and as a result I become increasingly sensitised to interaction with the world. It's a negative cycle.
This is me too. I look back and think, how did I do it? My life was far from perfect but it was never out of control as it currently is.

Last edited:
Reactions: ERASED
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
Canada
I never really started having psychosis until the last couple of years

Evermore

Evermore

Apr 20, 2020
Ireland
I used to think my depression and anxiety got worse with each passing year but now I'm not sure . Maybe living with it longer has just beaten me down a little and I'm just not able to cope with it the same as I used to.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
UK
Time hasn't healed because it's gone the wrong way. Look to the future? I'm in it. Certain things that add to my mental health woes it would be better for me just to accept but I won't because I shouldn't

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nigelhernandez [Discussion] Does anyone here from Ireland live near Drogheda? Offtopic 0
thrw_a_way1221221 [Discussion] Does anyone get mad at people for being "uplifting and encouraging"? Offtopic 21
Close_to_freedom Does anyone know how to make money unethically? Offtopic 30
DeadSpace666 Does anyone here get disability due to depression Offtopic 10
WinterFaust Does anyone else not have any interests? Offtopic 8
MarsFx Does anyone choke themselves without trying to die from it? Offtopic 18
_Minsk Does being a good person make you happy? Offtopic 29
Amnesty [Discussion] How can a suicidal person have murderous tendencies and how does it relate to the suicidal tendencies? Offtopic 7
Kevin_theFrog [Discussion] Anyone here plays a music instrument? Offtopic 31
MaisieWilliamsLover Anyone else had enough of BLM protesters in their areas? Offtopic 15
nigelhernandez [Discussion] Has anyone here had a wisdom tooth taken out (UK vs US experiences) Offtopic 6
Vetrarnott Anyone Else Constantly On The Verge Of Tears? Offtopic 10
Lorntroubles Anyone have dreams where you talk to the deceased? Offtopic 14
Walilamdzi Did anyone else read the mother's long post? Offtopic 38
SuiSqueeze92 [Discussion] Anyone else get random “violent” body jerks? Offtopic 40
L Anyone else not getting notifications? Offtopic 1
nigelhernandez [Discussion] Has anyone here tried Modafinil to keep awake? Offtopic 2
K [Discussion] Anyone Else Have Insomnia? Offtopic 14
Underscore Gardening/anyone know what this is? Offtopic 4
Lost in a Dream Anyone else obsessed with cryptids and paranormal stuff? Offtopic 9
DeathIsTheWayOut99 Anyone here into Pokemon? Offtopic 18
loginboy69 Anyone listen to La dispute Offtopic 0
E [Venting] Feel so ill Offtopic 2
BitterlyAlive [Venting] Depression makes me feel so lazy. Offtopic 5
BitterlyAlive Just took my first two hits of weed earlier. I still don't feel anything. Offtopic 7
K I feel like im a cautionary tale for others Offtopic 9
TheSoulless [Games] Post a song lyric that describes how you feel right now. Offtopic 17