[Discussion] Does anyone else’s dog come to them for “help”?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I’ve always noticed when I’m upset my dog comes to me and sits there looking at me like “it’s gonna be okay”. I love her so much because she is a source of non judgmental and unconditional love. She’ll literally sit at my feet until I stop crying. I love it and why I can’t CTB along with my GF understanding shit as well. I got my baby girl from a pound and was seen as a lost ass dog, but from day one literally she “got me” and I can’t waste that. Never had a dog do that, like she can feel my pain.

nnnerve

nnnerve

im so depressed i cant even blink
Jun 19, 2019
Dogs are so mysterious sometimes. I feel like they understand us a lot more than we understand them.

My gross old boy's a good reason for me stick around too ❤ He's turning 13 in July and has pretty limited hearing and vision, so the thought of leaving him to fend for himself is pretty upsetting. He's been there for me when I needed it so I figure I should probably return the favor.

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
D57F191E-3E84-44CF-88F9-AEE585136FC5.jpeg

I love my baby, she’s been good to me since day ONE and I forced myself into her crate at the pound and she accepted me thankfully. She’s been nothing but good and is SO smart I love it. Makes my life a bit easier :)
Dogs are so mysterious sometimes. I feel like they understand us a lot more than we understand them.

My gross old boy's a good reason for me stick around too ❤ He's turning 13 in July and has pretty limited hearing and vision, so the thought of leaving him to fend for himself is pretty upsetting. He's been there for me when I needed it so I figure I should probably return the favor.
I am glad you have a similar view as me of why to stay on this Earth. Shit is sometimes bigger than yourself and it feels good somewhat, even though you might suffer, to lessen someone else’s suffering :)

Last edited:
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I
My boy is never far away, he knows and just sits quietly or starts licking my hand.
@SuiSqueeze92 look at that big smile, what a cutie. View attachment 34796
I love it :) good to see others get support from their dog or cat, or anything else really. Love from an animal that isn’t judgmental is just something else. Honestly your dog remind me of “Clifford”, he looks just like him! RIP Clifford, you are awesome to me as well... cancer got the best of him sadly :/ but I was blessed with Aria (her name) to help me when I’m at my lowest.

Underscore

Underscore

Moebius Potato
Jul 31, 2018
I still remember my childhood dog. He was brilliant. A Harrier Hound cross. He ran and ran and ran, always chasing stuff. He was gentle and affectionate and understood my every mood. When I was down, he'd come and sit with me in the window, wag his tail and lick my face as if to say 'its okay, I'm here.' we did everything together. I still miss him. Got a painting of him on the wall.

My sister's dog is cool. I haven't seen him in a while as I'm estranged from my sister. He's a Sprocker Spaniel. A real nutso working dog. Fast, agile, loads of endurance and incredibly clever. I've never met a dog so...devious and cunning. He plans and plots and does things he shouldn't be able to do. He also kills birds. Any birds, even has a go at swans. I really miss him.

I wish I could have a dog of my own so much.

WeepingWillow

WeepingWillow

May 11, 2020
Definitely!! I think dogs and animals in general are extremely intuitive. I've had 3 dogs in my life time and several cats. Every time I was emotionally distressed they all came to offer some comfort in their own way. My favorites were my chow/black lab and my border collie/black lab. They both were huge 100 lb dogs that thought they were lap dogs. And whenever I was feeling bad they would do their darnedest to try to sit on their daddy. I really miss them terribly.

I

I’mDone

Wise
Mar 22, 2020
I’ve always noticed when I’m upset my dog comes to me and sits there looking at me like “it’s gonna be okay”. I love her so much because she is a source of non judgmental and unconditional love. She’ll literally sit at my feet until I stop crying. I love it and why I can’t CTB along with my GF understanding shit as well. I got my baby girl from a pound and was seen as a lost ass dog, but from day one literally she “got me” and I can’t waste that. Never had a dog do that, like she can feel my pain.
Dogs love deeply and totally. They’re so much in tune with our emotions. Much more than humans. Mine crossed the bridge a couple of Christmas ago. I miss him so much but I can’t get another just yet.

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
Dogs love deeply and totally. They’re so much in tune with our emotions. Much more than humans. Mine crossed the bridge a couple of Christmas ago. I miss him so much but I can’t get another just yet.
I’m sorry to hear that :( I miss Star, her lungs collapsed, lips turned blue and I rushed her to the vet. Spent $800 just for them to put her down after not trying very hard. But yeah I waited a bit before Aria and I’m glad because I let her pick me instead of me picking her. I wanted to have her trained as a service dog since I used to have one in training (SDIT) but he was ridiculous and was a shithead.

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
all the time! miss u J
View attachment 34940
Fuck, I love animals so much :/ they’re far better than humans, no offense to anyone but it’s true. Like I said they love unconditionally and are loyal for the most part. They’ll always be there and don’t speak English (or other languages) so it’s a bit easier lol.

I miss working at the horse farm I worked at. Everyday was therapy for me and then hard ass work lol but I loved making connections with each horse and learning their personality. I feel they’re SUPER aware of how you feel. There are veteran programs with horses btw for any vet that reads this and wants a “non traditional” approach.

K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
Fuck, I love animals so much :/ they’re far better than humans, no offense to anyone but it’s true. Like I said they love unconditionally and are loyal for the most part. They’ll always be there and don’t speak English (or other languages) so it’s a bit easier lol.

I miss working at the horse farm I worked at. Everyday was therapy for me and then hard ass work lol but I loved making connections with each horse and learning their personality. I feel they’re SUPER aware of how you feel. There are veteran programs with horses btw for any vet that reads this and wants a “non traditional” approach.
yes mate- i used to live on a horse farm! they are amazing being! also the foal was always free and at nights ide let him in my apartment to play and mess about.. cheeky fuckers.. the damage was pricey but worth it.
and thing is with animals is they're just honest-- they love you or dont. full stop.
and that no bs approach is priceless!
x

• Love
Reactions: SuiSqueeze92
Underscore

Underscore

Moebius Potato
Jul 31, 2018

Horses are very in tune with people, after all, we actually ride them, which is a very intimate form of communication.

Reactions: SuiSqueeze92
A

a.n.kirillov

Why is there something rather than cheesecake?
Nov 17, 2019
Sure, they are bred for that.

I

I’mDone

Wise
Mar 22, 2020
Horses are very in tune with people, after all, we actually ride them, which is a very intimate form of communication.
I’m scared of horses. I would like not to be but they worry me.

• Hug
Reactions: K-O
Underscore

Underscore

Moebius Potato
Jul 31, 2018
The only bit that worries me about them is falling off, but luckily I've never had that happen. Don't blame you though, they are big, powerful creatures and can do you a lot of damage.

Reactions: I’mDone
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
6FACE98F-3863-458D-91A9-92364685D701.jpeg
FD168FCE-844B-4830-BB69-F2A0A26D30C5.jpeg

This guy was my favorite... probably the only one out of 48 that seemed to know what I was thinking or feeling. His name is Lennon. And yes he’s cribbing in that pic, not good for them but they can’t break that habit to save his life.

K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
Yeah it sucks seeing something that is here for you hurting, and a lot of the times they’ll still “serve” you even in sickness or pain.
when i broke my foot she'd lick my cast.. and she was v protective of my friend (car crash leaving him with one lobe).. bless..
hr.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Soul
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

May 22, 2020
I have some very intuitive cats. I acquired 1 in a parking lot when people were looking for the pound. I thought right then he was my angel.
IMG_20190227_114852_hdr.jpg

TheBigBurden

TheBigBurden

Antisocial and yet I’m here
Dec 27, 2019
My dog doesn’t care and it’s makes me sad she prefers to be in anyone’s elses room but mine......

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Wizard
Dec 28, 2019
@TheBigBurden strange that, my dog sometimes goes into a usually empty room of the house and sleeps on a chair but certainly not all the time. Can you not entice her with treats or toys?

Last edited:
mathieu

mathieu

Elementalist
Jun 5, 2019
Yes, my dog licks my face constantly when I’m upset.

BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wizard
Mar 7, 2020
My cats are the same exact way. When I’m down and crying, they come to me and sit with me.
They also sleep on the bed with me too. When I can’t sleep, they sit /lie on the bed with me.
One of my cats puts his paw on my hand as if day, “ it’s ok mum, I’m here for you “
My cats are awesome and I don’t know where I would be without them.
My cats are the same exact way. When I’m down and crying, they come to me and sit with me.
They also sleep on the bed with me too. When I can’t sleep, they sit /lie on the bed with me.
One of my cats puts his paw on my hand as if day, “ it’s ok mum, I’m here for you “
My cats are awesome and I don’t know where I would be without them.
My cats also have unconditional love for me and that makes me feel secure and reassured. I love my cats