[Discussion] Does anyone believe in those survived suicide attempt articles?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
Worsethangarbage

Worsethangarbage

Veteran
Nov 13, 2018
Like every media article basically goes around "haha, once they jumped, they regretted the decision so all people contemplating suicide must regret it too"
I don't believe a fuck about it. It may just be someone going through hard time or emotional fuck up and came back to senses or it's made up.
Then there are people who think cutting will be a nice way to die. No way in hell, it is. You failed, what did you expect??

Also, beside jumping can lead to PTSD trauma that stops them making another attempt

Last edited:
Worsethangarbage

Worsethangarbage

Veteran
Nov 13, 2018
I also don't think I would answer/post like those pro-lifers "I understand the pain. I have been in the same situation. Believe me, life gets better" I don't think anyone who is making a sensible decision to die would take that as negative. Well, I did take that as negative. I wouldn't reply in the same way they do and which makes me think either they were just someone who pulled up the trigger on an emotional rampage or it's just some shitty teenage experience from cutting and thinking it of as suicide attempt or they are just making things up. Thr later is highly likely.

Worsethangarbage

Worsethangarbage

Veteran
Nov 13, 2018
Like you can easily differentiate between people who have been through the same. The words are different. The way of talking is different. The way they describe things is different. They most likely gonna say, "nope. It's not my choice to say no or force you but I hope you do get some help if you can before making that decision. Just think about it."

_.__-_.__
Jan 4, 2019
Michigan
I also don't understand when they say think about the future but at the same time, they tell me enjoy the present.
Just enjoy the present, live in the moment. Take it day by day. One step at a time! Take your time. Ground yourself, mindfulness, it's all about staying present and not future-tripping. Only the now matters, what you choose to do with your time today.

Oh and btw, when are you going to start looking for work? Have you thought about going back to school? What do you want for your future anyway? You need to think about clear, attainable goals and find what motivates you. Soo, you gonna apply for disability? You need to decide soon, because otherwise you're going to run out of income, and then what? Are you still living at home? Have you considered your own apartment, or moving someplace else for a fresh start?

Nothing they say makes sense. Don't worry about the future, but worry about the future, cuz otherwise you fucked. But don't worry. But you fucked lol.

Worsethangarbage

Worsethangarbage

Veteran
Nov 13, 2018
Just enjoy the present, live in the moment. Take it day by day. One step at a time! Take your time. Ground yourself, mindfulness, it's all about staying present and not future-tripping. Only the now matters, what you choose to do with your time today.

Oh and btw, when are you going to start looking for work? Have you thought about going back to school? What do you want for your future anyway? You need to think about clear, attainable goals and find what motivates you. Soo, you gonna apply for disability? You need to decide soon, because otherwise you're going to run out of income, and then what? Are you still living at home? Have you considered your own apartment, or moving someplace else for a fresh start?

Nothing they say makes sense. Don't worry about the future, but worry about the future, cuz otherwise you fucked. But don't worry. But you fucked lol.
Yeah like, it's my fucking right to stop when I want to die...I wish we go back to early man era...man, that was so much better than the shit we have today.

ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

r e p l i c a n t
Nov 14, 2018
I'm approaching my seventh attempt. I have never once regretted any attempt, only it's failure. Also @511115 : you articulated the way they try to project their miasma of conflicting dreams and desires onto us perfectly. Thank you.

Last edited:
therhydler

therhydler

Illuminated
Dec 7, 2018
Sodom and Gomorrah

Lol I love this post

A

Anima

Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
Not an easy answer to this one as not everybody is the same and tries it for the same reasons. I have never thought wow, your still alive after my failed attempts but I have met a few people who were. It took them a lot of hard work but they made it.
But yeah media doesn’t really help others to understand the mindsets of those still struggling. It also made me wonder how they treated people after attempted suicides in hospitals. I mean your everyday giluy might bot have an understanding of it but trained medical professionals?!

_.__-_.__
Jan 4, 2019
Michigan
Selection Bias
Yep, it's all bullshit.

The people that attempted, survived, and were still suicidal... went on to perfect their methods and successfully kill themselves. So they obviously aren't parading around spreading propaganda on television.

It's fucked, bc then professionals nod wisely and go, "hm, hm. Nobody really wants to die. They merely wish the pain would stop. They really want to be saved. They secretly want to live! They only think they want to die."

So then we're all treated like infantile imbeciles who don't know any better, and we're degraded for the sake of "saving our lives."

Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Yep, it's all bullshit.

It's fucked, bc then professionals nod wisely and go, "hm, hm. Nobody really wants to die. They merely wish the pain would stop. They really want to be saved. They secretly want to live! They only think they want to die."

So then we're all treated like infantile imbeciles who don't know any better, and we're degraded for the sake of "saving our lives."
Ffs this! I do think that applies to a lot of people but for me I really would just like to die

Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018

And the biggest bullshit line ever: ‘It gets better!’

No it doesn’t always get better. And guess what, I tried again. And oh I tried again & im not seeking attention- I want to die!

Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Yep, it's all bullshit.

The people that attempted, survived, and were still suicidal... went on to perfect their methods and successfully kill themselves. So they obviously aren't parading around spreading propaganda on television.

This is awesome.

Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
No it doesn’t always get better. And guess what, I tried again. And oh I tried again & im not seeking attention- I want to die!
For me, it did get better a long time ago when I tried it. But just for six months after the attempt. Then everything got even worse. But what you say about the attention seeking... yeah! 'No, I AM NOT seeking attention. I have genuinely wanted to die'. If I could, I would be different. Why would I choose to be a failure? But people haven't understood. And I have just mentioned, to a couple of close friends in the past, that I am depressed. And one of them dismissed my feelings by saying that that is a normal thing to happen to women, that I'm OK and that everything will go away with time. Have stopped trying to talk about this with people in real life. Better stop. I'm getting upset. lol

Reactions: sif and Retched
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Yep, it's all bullshit.

Dude, seriously.

J

jumprope

Jan 8, 2019
I didn't jump, but when I first started taking the pills I tried to OD on, I felt an amazing sense of peace and definitely did not regret what I was doing.

When I woke up in the ICU, however, I did regret something: having been found and saved.

I'm sure people regret jumping off of high things like the San Francisco Bridge because they're facing imminent pain that could last for the rest of their lives (be that long or short). That's not really the same thing as wanting to live suddenly.

Reactions: sif and Lifeisatrap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)