Do you guys hide the fact that you’re depressed?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

Do you hide your depression?

• yes

Votes: 57 64.0%
  • no

Votes: 32 36.0%

• Total voters
ShadowChild

ShadowChild

Happiness is a warm gun
Jan 13, 2020
I do both I guess. I act like my depression is a joke to most of my friends and just keep smiling. That's probably why they don't think of me as depressed haha. Does anyone else pretend it is a joke when it is actually very serious and not okay?
Yes. Even if I’m dying inside, I’ll spin it into a joke. Humor alleviates my feeling of awkwardness.

Debro

Debro

Veteran
Dec 19, 2019
No, i don't care and don't have the energy. I don't talk about my issues either. Im sure that they think something seems off, which is fine. They can see me as a weird guy, which reduces the hassle to have to communicate with them in the first place.

• Hug
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
It’s impossible to hide for the most part, think of death 24/7
Peace/hugs

• Hug
Reactions: _Minsk
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

I'm a BPD Barbie Girl living in a suicidal world
Dec 1, 2019
I try, sometimes I do a good job, sometimes its visible but I refuse to address or make conversation on it. I make jokes about committing suicide and people laugh, it's great in a way, hardly anyone takes it seriously. I cut in places people don't see, I cry in the shower or when people are asleep, I fake smiles and tell everyone things are fine. But I'm personal and private and I prefer it that way.

• Hug
Reactions: mayflower
M

mayflower

Dec 27, 2019
Not really. I don't really believe i am depressed. As others have said no-one asks or notices anyway.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

self destruct activated
Jul 10, 2019
See I am a mess when it comes to this, I used to hide it and hid it well, then things went tits up and I couldn't hide it and was told to be open about it, things were still going tits up, so I was open about it, and as a result I got shit hurled at me from every direction.
Now I try to hide it, but wonder if I am wrong in hiding it, people generally think that I am fine again and nothing is wrong, yet deep down I have one vision in my mind that plays over and over, I want to make that vision real and take the next step, I do believe hiding how I feel is the only option, so yes I wear a mask but part of me feels it's wrong and I should be screaming at people, Im not oK but leave me the hell alone
Yea I am a mess!

• Hug
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
Keeping to myself more often than not helps me hide it because everyone's either used to me keeping to myself or they're just getting to know me and assumes it's part of my introvert nature. So I can hide a lot pretty easily.

• Hug
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can