Do people suicide due to guilt and regrets?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
LonelyLight

LonelyLight

Wise
May 31, 2019
Would not do we all do it in a different way, if we could? Sadly the clock is only ticking forward.
If I got the chance to do it all another way, I'd probably just find another way to fuck it all up. What I wouldn't give to try tho.

LonelyLight

LonelyLight

Wise
May 31, 2019
Does not necessarily mean you’ll make another fuck up. Indeed it may be a better way. Who knows?
Unfortunately we won't ever know :hug: all we can do is change from today, but I've never been good with change.

Reactions: JimFord99
L

Libracusp_1022

Jul 29, 2019
I may be wrong, but I think excessive remorse and regret are one of the symptoms of depression. Seems to me there are plenty of destructive, toxic people walking around with no regret or remorse whatsoever for the pain they cause, while too many of those who probably hurt no one intentionally are sitting home agonizing over every little thing.

W

Windofmysoul67

Sep 4, 2019
England
I may be wrong, but I think excessive remorse and regret are one of the symptoms of depression. Seems to me there are plenty of destructive, toxic people walking around with no regret or remorse whatsoever for the pain they cause, while too many of those who probably hurt no one intentionally are sitting home agonizing over every little thing.
Entirely too true!!

Reactions: Bpdboii
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Arcanist
Sep 14, 2019
People kill themselves for all kinds of reasons. Someone said once they don't like the human body so they want to die. While I don't understand that it was their reason.

L

Let'sgetoutofHERE

Oct 7, 2019
I have so much guilt and regret. It consumes my whole day. I fear waking up in the morning. I’ve turned into a recluse. I recently got diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder after a 6 month episode of psychosis. My whole family acts different towards me. I would do anything to go back in time. Now my days are consumed with thoughts of how to ctb. My SI is so strong though because I have kids. I don’t know what to do. Every day hurts so bad. I’m sorry you all are dealing with guilt. It really is a nightmare.
What is it that makes you feel so guilty and regretful? :( this sounds honestly terrible (but also relatable)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)