Did anyone else read the mother's long post?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Ain't it all just ridiculous?
Jan 11, 2020
There was a new member yesterday who got banned for pro life posts. I don't know if it was the same person. But I caution against copying and pasting pro life/anti choice messages after they're deleted on SS, or copying from other sites, because it just does the work for them of spreading the propaganda, encouraging people to feel guilty, etc.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
@Walilamdzi, I'm curious about a few things:

1. Source?
2. What motivated you to share this here?
3. How do you yourself feel about what the woman wrote?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Walilamdzi

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
@GoodPersonEffed I feel a bit like you're interrogating me. Hence I question whether to even justify your Spanish-inquisition-like list with a response. It's from her facebook page, I wondered if anyone had seen it (people may like to know about things related to the website being down as it is this mother and the other young woman's mother/stepdad who are making efforts to have the forum taken down).

I feel it is interesting to see how a non-suicidal person views the site and have insight into how people other might react to my passing. It also shows that people have had success following the guides. If this is a free place to discuss things related to the forum, I feel that this falls into that category. Out of 3 people commenting here, one was curious and wanted to read it, someone else didn't know what I meant and you had a negative reaction. It's just a long rant and sheds some light on why the site was down imo. If you want to try to get me banned for discussing it, go ahead!

Oh also, I think she is inaccurate in saying that this is somewhere people encourage each other to kill themselves. I don't think that people egg each other on here, but providing the information is controversial obviously otherwise the reddit forums wouldn't have been shut down.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
@Walilamdzi, I've reread my posts here, and there was no negativity directed at you, nor did I feel any when I posted. As I explained to you in a previous thread, when I don't understand, I ask questions, and you seemed then to understand where I was coming from. You of course didn't have to answer my questions here, and I would equally respect if you didn't, but I appreciate that you did because I got a lot of value from reading your point of view.

But now I'm curious, how do you think the letter sheds light about the site being down? Here's why I say this: @Marquis has never told the community why it happened, so it seems that some members are seeking explanations and arriving at conclusions without proof. People do that. Certainty and blame discharge pain, fear, and discomfort. Only in this case, blaming and feeling certain without proof that there is a direct correlation between their opposition to us and the site being down heightens some members' fear of pro lifers, and that in turn gives them false power over us that has in no way been proven to be accurate or valid.

And btw, I asked for the source because I don't accept things until I know where they came from. If you don't want to share the original source, that's cool, but I'll remain skeptical until I know the source, otherwise I may get worked up over something that's not even true. That doesn't mean I think you're a liar, it's just that I've learned in life that it's wise to believe nothing I hear and only half of what I see. Without a source, I'm being asked to believe, and I used to believe in god, too, you know? Because I was afraid of punishment for not believing.

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

no one can understand
Mar 27, 2020
Also, the messages said the site was down to migrate servers .. this can be confirmed indirectly because incels and looksmax were also down for the same period of time.

I don’t believe This woman’s post had anything to do with it.

ceasetobreathe03

ceasetobreathe03

Don't listen to them, revenge is the best medicine
Dec 20, 2019
my imagination
I'm not sure why I'm surprised to see this. I never expected another mom to jump in and accuse us of something seeing there was already one person leading this whole thing.

Thank you for sharing. It is concerning to see people slowly becoming aware of this site only because they're give us such a horrible image. We are no monsters, we're all here one reason and one reason only.

• Aw..
Reactions: Simba
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Thank you for sharing. It is concerning to see people slowly becoming aware of this site only because they're give us such a horrible image. We are no monsters, we're all here one reason and one reason only.
@ceasetobreathe03, your dark-humour avatar would kinda tend to reinforce the opinion that we're entertained by suicide. I personally don't mind dark humour but if you're really concerned about how the forum looks to outsiders you might want to consider changing it.

Again, I don't mind it myself, nor do I want to tell you what to do. It's just a friendly observation in case you want to consider it.

• Hug
Reactions: ceasetobreathe03
Cashewmilk

Cashewmilk

Wise
Mar 10, 2020
There are minors on this website pretending to be of legal age, it happens everywhere. Hell when I was a minor I definitely lied about my age too. There's just no way around it. We couldn't start asking for ID because any kid can easily steal someone's ID.

I have a bad feeling that this place isn't going to last very long... and I can't speak for young teenagers because they're going through a world of hurt with puberty and hormones, so I can't really blame them. I was once one of them, it's excruciating painful as a young kid.

But, there seems to be a pattern here. I don't want to be pro life and say these people don't have a right to die, but the way in which they handle it at the end is extremely selfish. There seems to be a lot of suicidal people/members in general (not just minors) that have some very strong actively vengeful people in their lives that are really fighting for them, and would be in a lot of pain if they died this way. If you're one of those people, you should be really careful about the trace you leave. If you have either family, parents, children, best friends, spouses, or anyone who truly loves you and truly cares so much about you that they would die for you, and do anything to save you, you really need to be careful and wipe your devices, delete traces, be more discreet, otherwise your suicide actually IS SELFISH because it puts the entire community at risk. It's extremely irresponsible, and harmful. People need to find better ways of being more discreet. And minors should never be on this site, and no minor should be allowed or encouraged to ctb period! I don't care how painful your mental health is, we can't be supporting child killing. The least you can do is wait a few more years until you're 18.

There are a lot of 18 to 25 year olds on here who are in the category I've described: they have vengeful parents or loved ones dictating their every move, controlling their internet activity, and these young adults should know better. There are people on here who have a bff or parents that confiscates their ctb methods and ruins it for others. All I'm saying is, please be more discreet. Don't use your shared computer or ipad to come on SS. Google how to be discreet online. Buy another secret cheap smartphone device you can use on wifi. Be mindful. We don't advocate the sabotaging of others for our CTB here, it's just plain immoral. Don't be selfish.

ceasetobreathe03

ceasetobreathe03

Dec 20, 2019
my imagination
@ceasetobreathe03, your dark-humour avatar would kinda tend to reinforce the opinion that we're entertained by suicide. I personally don't mind dark humour but if you're really concerned about how the forum looks to outsiders you might want to consider changing it.

Again, I don't mind it myself, nor do I want to tell you what to do. It's just a friendly observation in case you want to consider it.
I didn't think of it that way but you do make a very good point. I didn't mean anything harsh by it though but with some of the things going on, it would make sense that it could be taken out of context so I will change it

MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020

I dont think putting on a public image should be focus of this site. This forum is legally protected. It cant be shut down because emotionally charged simpletons want it to be so.
There was a new member yesterday who got banned for pro life posts. I don't know if it was the same person. But I caution against copying and pasting pro life/anti choice messages after they're deleted on SS, or copying from other sites, because it just does the work for them of spreading the propaganda, encouraging people to feel guilty, etc.
If you're afraid of the opposition's message then you must not have a very strong message yourself or at least that's what I tell myself

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
I dont think putting on a public image should be focus of this site. This forum is legally protected. It cant be shut down because emotionally charged simpletons want it to be so.
I wasn't talking about "putting on a public image". It isn't the case that most members here treat suicide as entertainment, and some of us might not want to play right into twisted notions.

Meanwhile, I hope you'll give us details of what legal protections you're talking about - thanks.

If you're afraid of the opposition's message then you must not have a very strong message yourself or at least that's what I tell myself
... Are you saying you perceive people here as afraid of what anti-choicers have to say? That's not the case. Debating anti-choicers isn't what this forum is for, just like it isn't for proselytizing, defrauding people or preying on vulnerable types.

MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
Well in the US there is the First Amendment I don't know where the servers are located just as I said and in another thread.

Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
There is no way to know if any of this is credible at all. What’s stopping a pro-lifer from making up a story to get their point across in a seemingly personal way? Aside from that, if it were real, more often than not I think parents are largely to blame for their offsprings mental health and life choices anyway. Blaming SS for your own problems, unloading the guilt on anyone other than themselves, just demonstrates a form of projection and further solidifies how neurotic she probably was.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Well in the US there is the First Amendment I don't know where the servers are located just as I said and in another thread.
The laws about what constitutes assisting or encouraging suicide vary from state to state and from country to country. (SanSui is an international site, not an American one.)

TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Arcanist
May 26, 2019
Remember, the First Amendment only states that Congress shall make no laws that restrict free speech (paraphrasing). That doesn't stop individual states from making laws against SS (like Shawn's state did).

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
ill be completely honest i skimmed most of it so if i have some information wrong please just inform me. i dont want to start arguments on this site.

i feel the mothers emotions are justified. it is difficult to not just find someone like that but someone you love and care for. however if she says she was on the site and saw that "you guys" (im new so nothing against you guys i just wasnt involved) she should have taken a screenshot to prove it. and even if you did encourage them maybe she should be looking into why they were on this site to begin with. and even if they were on this site i saw the section for recovery, why didnt they make a post there? im just saying theres a lot of things to look into from all points of view before we start arguing and pointing fingers.

Walilamdzi

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
There is no way to know if any of this is credible at all. What’s stopping a pro-lifer from making up a story to get their point across in a seemingly personal way? Aside from that, if it were real, more often than not I think parents are largely to blame for their offsprings mental health and life choices anyway. Blaming SS for your own problems, unloading the guilt on anyone other than themselves, just demonstrates a form of projection and further solidifies how neurotic she probably was.
It's directly from her facebook account just look up sanctionedsuicide and you will see her along with someone else who lost a child discussing this forum.

MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
I dont find the will to censor and shut down speech to be a reaction to grief that anybody would have. Yes it's true that states make individual laws but the point is that if one forum is shut down you just keep making more and more and more. They cant stop us

Reactions: casctb
Fumito

Fumito

May 1, 2020
The VOID
i do sort of feel bad for the mother, but she’s wrong about this place. there’s literally a recovery forum on the first page of the entire site. we don’t encourage people to die and say “just do it,” we say goodbye to people if they’ve made up their minds and want to CTB, and we welcome back people who don’t, and when someone posts about how they’re feeling better, we support them and say we’re glad for them—i’ve seen that again and again. i have never once seen anyone tell someone that they SHOULD kill themselves. i’ve never seen someone get angry with someone when they say they’re not feeling suicidal anymore. SS isn’t the place that that mother is making it out to be.

Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

May 28, 2019
Portugal
I read it and my first thought was "Well, maybe next time be a better mother and care for your child instead of blaming strangers". She or another parent also started a petition to take down SS which I find horrible because for many people on here it's the only place where we can be and show our true selves. Therefore I feel zero empathy for her.

Reactions: Vorty27
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
simba-5098.insanejournal.com
I feel bad for both sides. I feel bad for the mother cause she lost her son and i feel bad for SS cause they might end up winning and SS will be shut down forever and i can't imagine not being a forum like this where it is pro CHOICE and doesn't demands from any of us to either live or die.. i like this place cause you can say what's on your mind without people invalidating you or saying things like "oh it'll get better Hun " when reality is actually different.. people don't say here it'll get better Hun they say "yes we know and it may or may not get better ..." Etc stuff that basically saying that we get you and we're all on the boat together !! If SS goes I'll be really sad :(
Also ,SS isn't a bad place at all... If they'd look at different threads maybe they'd finally realise but it could be that they're in denial i don't know :( :( :( Please don't let them win:aw::aw::'(:'(

ceasetobreathe03

ceasetobreathe03

Dec 20, 2019
my imagination
I feel for the mom -- regardless of choice we all do grieve. It's not easy to lose anyone. However, it's just her repeating the same old accusations that have been used against this site by the other mom.

They even have their group on Facebook and they're rallying people together to join. I think it has over 400 members. They're guilty that they couldn't have done more and maybe that's a bit harsh for me to say. If it's a suicide, the person clearly doesn't want to be here. Of course it's normal for anyone to think that they could have done more but keep that quilt to yourself and don't put the blame on others. Maybe it's just me but I think they're just doing this for enjoyment and entertainment at this point imo. At first I think they had serious intentions and I still do, but they're all about "making life so much harder for Sanctioned Suicide". Plus I feel like they've become regulars with visiting this site. They're always making different comments on different things. This is a big "fuck you'' to all of them who read this

• Hug
Reactions: Vorty27 and Simba
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W [Venting] I did something horrible Offtopic 19
idontwannadothisanym how did everyone cope with temporary cancel Offtopic 81
Kevin_theFrog [Discussion] Anyone here plays a music instrument? Offtopic 31
MaisieWilliamsLover Anyone else had enough of BLM protesters in their areas? Offtopic 15
nigelhernandez [Discussion] Has anyone here had a wisdom tooth taken out (UK vs US experiences) Offtopic 6
Vetrarnott Anyone Else Constantly On The Verge Of Tears? Offtopic 10
Vetrarnott Does Anyone Feel Like Their Mental Illness Worsens With Each Passing Year? Offtopic 21
Lorntroubles Anyone have dreams where you talk to the deceased? Offtopic 14
nigelhernandez [Discussion] Does anyone here from Ireland live near Drogheda? Offtopic 0
SuiSqueeze92 [Discussion] Anyone else get random “violent” body jerks? Offtopic 40
thrw_a_way1221221 [Discussion] Does anyone get mad at people for being "uplifting and encouraging"? Offtopic 21
L Anyone else not getting notifications? Offtopic 1
nigelhernandez [Discussion] Has anyone here tried Modafinil to keep awake? Offtopic 2
Close_to_freedom Does anyone know how to make money unethically? Offtopic 30
K [Discussion] Anyone Else Have Insomnia? Offtopic 14
DeadSpace666 Does anyone here get disability due to depression Offtopic 10
WinterFaust Does anyone else not have any interests? Offtopic 8
Underscore Gardening/anyone know what this is? Offtopic 4
Lost in a Dream Anyone else obsessed with cryptids and paranormal stuff? Offtopic 9
DeathIsTheWayOut99 Anyone here into Pokemon? Offtopic 18
MarsFx Does anyone choke themselves without trying to die from it? Offtopic 18
loginboy69 Anyone listen to La dispute Offtopic 0
L Who else is in love with someone they cant be with? Offtopic 19
Misery99 Anybody else here with depression,bipolar disorder or autism/aspergers? Offtopic 41
BitterlyAlive [Discussion] Who else can relate to the description of the "adult child" Offtopic 17