Delayed goodbye note on social media

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

memento_mori

memento_mori

Veteran
Mar 28, 2019
I've just rewrited my suicide/ goodbye note for my parents, I actually felt really calm and relieved writing that and thought it was pretty well written given my usual standards + I usually have writer's block
But then I guess I have to leave some last words for my friends, acquaintances/ bitter enemies saying adios/ fuck you
Anyone know how to post a delayed message on fb ( I don't really use that but that's where most of my contacts are) and Instagram? I'm not really the email kinda person( plus I don't really have their email address...)
Thanks <3

• Hug
Reactions: Bct
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
From what I read, it's now impossible to post a scheduled message on personal FB account. For Instagram, I don't know if there is a third-party program that enables to automatically post your scheduled posts. Most I know are just notifying you at the scheduled time to post what you've been planned, CMIIW. Maybe others are more prominent in this regard.

The simplest one is Twitter since they finally have scheduling feature, but the character limitations mean you may need to schedule lots of them if your notes are long.

S

Saed

Wise
Apr 21, 2020
The simplest one is Twitter since they finally have scheduling feature, but the character limitations mean you may need to schedule lots of them if your notes are long.
Could schedule a link to the full note on pastebin or similar,maybe?

Reactions: Bct
memento_mori

memento_mori

Veteran
Mar 28, 2019
Only know the Gmail accounts of one or two people, I can probably send one to an ex but it's his birthday soon and that seems cruel. People I know don't really use Twitter( sigh)
Now I'm thinking of sending a note to a friend in advance and telling her it's a just in case thing and post it for me after I've kicked the bucket. Downside is dunno if she'll flip on me (likely, but she is also very suicidal+ has social phobia)

Last edited:
Fullmoonishere

Fullmoonishere

Jan 11, 2020
London, UK
For facebook, I think you can make it so that your tweets are automatically posted on your page/timeline (connect twitter to Facebook)? Look into it. This way you can schedule a delayed tweet with the link and once it’s posted, it should also appear on you Facebook so your friends can see it.

Last edited:
H

Hammer

just about gone.
Jun 15, 2020
UK
Keep in mind if your friend posts it she could be at backlash from crazy people who think it is wrong to post a suicide note, or your family members may not want it and will cause drama for her.

Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
For facebook, I think you can make it so that your tweets are automatically posted on your page/timeline (connect twitter to Facebook)? Look into it. This way you can schedule a delayed tweet with the link and once it’s posted, it should also appear on you Facebook so your friends can see it.
Is it still working? If it is, that's a nice option.

Is this true? That's unfortunate.
Yes. I think you can still schedule posts from a FB page but that means your friends should follow that page first.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
aedric_artifact Fall Into the Sweetest Oblivion - My Goodbye Thread Suicide Discussion 42
B Goodbye for the last time(today or tomorrow) Suicide Discussion 85
aroutinemalaise goodbye <3 Suicide Discussion 18
Simba [Discussion] Goodbye Letter ? Suicide Discussion 11
mx5nb3 [Story] Commitment/Goodbye Suicide Discussion 77
Light&DarkDance Goodbye, bus arrives in 2hr Suicide Discussion 34
Skyview Goodbye : Time to go home Suicide Discussion 35
S Goodbye to mom Suicide Discussion 12
S It's not goodbye yet Suicide Discussion 10
L Goodbye. Suicide Discussion 44
A [Story] Goodbye Thread Suicide Discussion 49
ghostspace goodbye: CTB date: June 12, 2020 Suicide Discussion 27
Winston Goodbye. Shotgun CTB tonight. Please don’t be sad or sorry. Suicide Discussion 85
foreverbroken28 Goodbye Family Suicide Discussion 14
H Ctb today! Goodbye. Suicide Discussion 24
MarsFx Anyone making their goodbye note a video or voice recording? Suicide Discussion 23
Una Instead of goodbye … Suicide Discussion 3
idontwannadothisanym GOODBYE THREAD Suicide Discussion 29
I Anybody write a suicide note? Suicide Discussion 5
RedDEE My note - Monsters Suicide Discussion 1
S Last decision to make before I CTB... suicide note Suicide Discussion 9
snuffcore I’ve started writing my suicide note Suicide Discussion 2
pentobarbitaldreams Should I leave a note? Suicide Discussion 2
DumbBoi [Discussion] Experiences With Working On Suicide Note long term Suicide Discussion 2
sourcreamonion [Discussion] Your suicide note in one sentence only? Suicide Discussion 136
EmbraceOfTheVoid [Story] Suicide note to my therapist and pro-lifers Suicide Discussion 46
H If I leave contact info in my note will they call them? Suicide Discussion 3
BitterlyAlive Yesterday was a really bad day, and I started writing my suicide note Suicide Discussion 9
coeur.brisé What about a Hello Note? Suicide Discussion 4