Help Death by starving?

Pookie

Pookie

Hello darkness, my old friend.
Reaction score
Yes I am. Nothing whatsoever goes in.

I've read differing views in this. Some say it's a very peaceful way to go. Look up terminal dehydration. In countries where euthanasia is not legal, terminally ill patients opt for terminal dehydration, and palliative care folks have said in interviews that the patients passed on without much pain or discomfort.
In palliative care they were probably on high doses of morphine and being sedated to make the dehydration and starvation process more comfortable.

moonchild

moonchild

Student
Reaction score
I've read differing views in this. Some say it's a very peaceful way to go. Look up terminal dehydration. In countries where euthanasia is not legal, terminally ill patients opt for terminal dehydration, and palliative care folks have said in interviews that the patients passed on without much pain or discomfort.
What @Pookie said. Like you say, a patient voluntarily stopping eating and drinking isn't euthanasia, so doctors are "allowed" to prescribe medication to ease their pain.

M

mini_weeny

Reaction score
It says in the dehydration method that the body starts using far cells that are rich in water but what if I’m already super skinny like 80 pounds and 170 In height, wouldn’t it be quicker as there are almost no fat cells left????? Also what are the risks of this method if not completed?

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Reaction score
If not completed I would think of possible renal damage and/or multi organ systems damage. Anything really, as every organ in the body can be damaged.

It could cause a cardiac insult or dysrhythmia resulting in long term heart issues.

A cerebrovascular event could occur, and this may result in long term neurological sequelae.

Acute delirium and weakness may cause one to accidentally injure themselves falling down, or in any other imaginable way.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Illuminated
Reaction score
Sezhian had been without any fluids for 36 hours when I was chatting with him. He felt ok he said. After that he has not posted again. He was very determined, he said.