[Help] Carbon monoxide from car

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
H

hersheybar

Aug 12, 2019
Is it still remotely possible to ctb using car exhaust? To make it look like I accidentally did it while working on the car. Or are newer emissions too low to make this possible? What about messing w

D

dreamofme

Sep 10, 2018
unless you have someone helping you it will definately be difficult to make it look like an accident. New cars are incredibly safe, catalytic converters mean cars from the 2000s onwards will not help you.

T

Taki

Jul 31, 2019
Canada
unless you have someone helping you it will definately be difficult to make it look like an accident. New cars are incredibly safe, catalytic converters mean cars from the 2000s onwards will not help you.
But is the CO output still sufficient?

D

dreamofme

Sep 10, 2018
all petrol and desiel cars produce CO but it wont be enough to kill you unless you did something rediculous like hooking up the entire combustion system minus the catalytic converters to a breather mask attached to your face to inhale all the exhaust gases. Its just not a practical method from what ive read , just like car accidents are no longer a sure fire way of ctb without the rulling of a suicide (less chance of dying )

Reactions: Taki and Lennox
J

justanotherday

Jul 22, 2019
USA
Is it still remotely possible to ctb using car exhaust? To make it look like I accidentally did it while working on the car. Or are newer emissions too low to make this possible? What about messing w
Yes, I survived though.... I was "found", so that is why I am still here. The car was a 1980( I used to have the collector car hobby back when I could afford it a few years ago).
Yes, I survived though.... I was "found", so that is why I am still here. The car was a 1980( I used to have the collector car hobby back when I could afford it a few years ago).
It would need to be an old car ....

Last edited:
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Wise
Aug 6, 2019
I suspect the CO2 from the exhaust might be enough on a modern car with a catalytic converter, if you did the old running a hose from the exhaust into a window thing... but death by CO2 is extremely unpleasant, and you wouldn't be able to make it look accidental. I'd definitely not even consider this method.

Reactions: Lennox and Taki
J

justanotherday

Jul 22, 2019
USA
It has given me some breathing problems.... spells that come and go. And, for the first several months after it happened, I would have spells of confused thinking. Luckily the confused thinking part went away. I am lucky. It could have caused permanent brain damage.

A

a.h

Jun 19, 2019
I guess the converter don't work when exhaust is blogged. Also it won't work in first 5 min when starting the cold car in winter.

C

calendulo

Master
Jun 13, 2019
I guess the converter don't work when exhaust is blogged. Also it won't work in first 5 min when starting the cold car in winter.

Good contribution, Great. An superinteresting new.
I do not know if these are suicides or not, I think are not .........but CO is the sweet dead, nobody can deny it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1
Roger

Roger

Arcanist
May 11, 2019
UK
I suspect the CO2 from the exhaust might be enough on a modern car with a catalytic converter, if you did the old running a hose from the exhaust into a window thing... but death by CO2 is extremely unpleasant, and you wouldn't be able to make it look accidental. I'd definitely not even consider this method.
Carbon monoxide (CO) was the car exhaust killer, not carbon dioxide (CO2)
Carbon monoxide (CO) was the car exhaust killer, not carbon dioxide (CO2)

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul
C

calendulo

Master
Jun 13, 2019
but death by CO2 is extremely unpleasant, and you wouldn't be able to make it look accidental. I'd definitely not even consider this method.
I had an personal exierience, five or six years ago, It was unforgettable
It was with central heating in a basement low airy and the machine was old, it works using fuel-oil
I spent too much time downstairs doing an easy repair.
I remember a enough headache y later fall asleep very quickly for 3 or 4 hours. Everything so quiet.
I do remember nothing extremely unpleasant except the previous headache.
The sweet death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 7)

• Chucchy
  • Mum42
  • painbegone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Suicide Discussion 3
H Suicide Discussion 2
A Suicide Discussion 3