[Discussion] Can only pick one song/movie before CTB. What would it be?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

• There's a new bill going through the US Congress that will allow the US government to scan your online messages and emails. We feel it's important for our members to be informed of threats to free speech and the EARN IT Act, if passed into law, it could be used to take down smaller platforms or websites with little or no reason including this website. This is an obvious overreach by the US government that already abuses it power as is and it shouldn't stand.
ilovedmylife

ilovedmylife

Mar 12, 2020
Don't need to be about suicide. Just your favorite. One song or one movie that will make you peace.
Me first.
Song: I wanna go to marz - John Grant.
Movie: 500 days of summer.

Please don't leave this post without a comment. <3

Last edited:
trouble

trouble

Jan 5, 2020
Watching a movie before CTB sounds like a good idea, actually! I think I'd watch a ghibli movie since I practically grew up with them, and I think I'd choose The Cat Returns or Ponyo :)

On the other hand, just one song would be such a hard choice. Listening to "The Day I Die by ISLAND" would be iconic though, lol

M

MissingIt

Mar 8, 2020

Such an uplifting song about suicide. It's a shame that the perspective of the lyrics doesn't exist for most suicidal people, but the writer (Tyler of Twenty One Pilots) gave it a damn good effort.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Illuminated
Mar 23, 2018
2 Songs cuz I can't think of a movie right now. :wink: (Actually there are a lot of songs I would like to listen to before I die … just not enough space to list all of them and we are only supposed to pick one) :wink:

Staind-Something To Remind You

Disturbed-Hold On To The Memories

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Illuminated
Mar 23, 2018
Song
Comfortably Numb
Movie
Soylent Green

Charlton Heston was really crying as he was the only one on set who knew Edward G. Robinson was really dying and he died a few days later ,

I actually watched Soylent Green for the first time last year when TCM aired it. I had heard of it but never saw it.:heart:

Reactions: marcusuk63
A

Anxietykillsme

Feb 27, 2020
Thank you for turning me on to these guys. They are awesome!
No worries! They make great music. I randomly stumbled across their music on YouTube one day and ended up listening to them all night haha.

TimeToBiteTheDust

TimeToBiteTheDust

Things aren't the way they were before.
Nov 7, 2019
Song: Fade to Black - Metallica (it's about ctb)
Movie: Inception (it has some ctb scenes)

• Hug
Reactions: PoisonedJuliet
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Feb 5, 2020
My entire life, I always thought about my "death bed" song and it has changed many times. Mt first attempt I listened to Jalan Jalan's Firefly Sanctuary. I just happened to be listening to that album to help with relaxation when I got the call that my mom was diagnosed with cancer, which she later died from so it seemed appropriate. Now, I may go with Talking Head's This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) or something super old school like Dick & Dee Dee's The Mountains High. It just depends on the moment. Movie, maybe something like Edward Scissorhands or just something I loved growing up. I should say when I was playing music while trying to hang myself the first time, it made the moment much more emotional. It was too much to handle and it actually made it more difficult to do. I ended up having to turn it off which was also painful. My last three attempts, I played nothing. But I was also going through very severe akathisia, the worst it had ever been, so I don't know if I'd be able to handle it better now.

Reactions: enjolras
A

AcornUnderground

Veteran
Feb 28, 2020
Don't need to be about suicide. Just your favorite. One song or one movie that will make you peace.
Me first.
Song: I wanna go to marz - John Grant.
Movie: 500 days of summer.

Please don't leave this post without a comment. <3
Love John Grant.