Benadryl

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. We do not encourage or aid suicide, the information offered is for educational purposes only. For more information read our FAQ.
    For immediate help, consider calling the Samaritan's hotline: (877) 870-4673. Be aware they may call emergency services if they believe you are at imminent risk of death. We also have a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.
    You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".
T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Dead Man Walking
Nov 20, 2019
It’s horrible. I tried that way. Probably one of the worst ways to attempt... please reconsider.
I just found the post I was looking for, when you took your 330 pills of 25mg did you take any anti-emetics or anything to help put you to sleep like alcohol. I am curious too at what time after you got rescued if you don't mind my asking. I am sorry that is was painful and that it wasn't what you were looking for. It was actually your post if I am not mistaken that gave me the idea of splitting them into 4 piles, I would love to hear back from you and get your experience if you don't mind

SaelVollmond

SaelVollmond

Que nos duelan los brazos de tanto abrazarnos.
Oct 31, 2019
GLD, MX
The figure you are referencing is for the replacement cocktail for Pentobarbital, before they introduced DDMP2. The LD50 is actually 60x50mg tablets according to LostAllHope. Wiki.Books says 4g, and then medical reports and nursing websites say 2.8+. The powder is again not how you want to do it, as someone who crushed up 10g of 25 mg tablets and tried mixing with apple sauce to help get it down, there is a lot more powder than you think. You can reduce the pills by half by buying extra strength tablets, I personally have 144x50mg to equal out to 7.2g.

I thought we did this in my thread already Sael, because I remember telling you this exact information and then when asking you to follow up you never did. I am unsure where you are finding this figure of the LD50 being 7-8g, like I have said before, send a link and I will more than happily say I was wrong and apologize. I do appreciate that you are at least saying it can work but Sael I don't think you were given all the facts when you had your thread about it open.

Most people who report taking lethal doses who survive don't recall their experience as the mind shuts down to a certain extent, those who do remember do recall some hallucations but that is why we combine the alcohol or benzo's with it to help put you and keep you asleep (don't need short and long acting may not be a bad idea though, cocktail does just say valium for it). You would ideally want 24 hours alone but you only need 18 at max. Cardiotoxicity takes place 2-18 hours after the ingested dose. The 24 hour number is the time in which if you are still alive (without medical intervention) you will likely live but hey extra time isn't a bad thing if you have the luxary.

You would need to take meto to help prevent vomiting as with most OD's. Also again just want to say that the 20g number was only used in the replacement cocktail for pento, but in most other overdoses 2.8g-7.5g (or 40mg+ per kg) are the range for successfull attempts from the reports I have seen. Only thing I have seen suggesting needing more is that cocktail (asks for 43g of pills which is why they replaced with DDMP2) or the LD50 in rats (500mg per kg) but they are much different than humans.

I will be trying to post a full detailed method thread later today or tomorrow so people can get the proper information about this and the diphen process that way they can make an informed decision.

Legal: I am in no means encouraging or telling you to harm yourself in any way I am just providing information what you do with it is entirely on you/your choice. If recovery is a possiblity it should always be considered but it is entirely your decision and will support you in whatever you choose.
there is a method not talked about here which is 20g phenobarbital (not pento) and 20g Diphen.
again 7g is deadly but could take 24hrs or more if no exit bag is used and not saved.

T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Dead Man Walking
Nov 20, 2019
there is a method not talked about here which is 20g phenobarbital (not pento) and 20g Diphen.
again 7g is deadly but could take 24hrs or more if no exit bag is used and not saved.
I completely understand where you are going with the 20 20 3 method but with diphen at 7g it should only take 18 hours at max. I'll grab the link to the publication just so you can take a look and see where I am coming from. Also it should be faster if you take it with alcohol as well (CNS depressent) it could cause respitory failure before cardiac arrest

This mght be be the article I was thinking of but I am going to continue looking because when I checked at their source I couldn't find any evidence to support it.

Last edited:
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
UK
I am repeating myself here, but I think it's worth reminding people again that in UK, Benadryl is a trade name covering several products with different formulations, but diphenhydramine does not figure in any of them.

This is a cut 'n'paste from their UK website:-

BENADRYL® products contain the following active ingredients: BENADRYL® One A Day Relief & BENADRYL® Allergy Liquid Release Capsules & BENADRYL® Allergy Children’s 1mg/ml Oral Solution & BENADRYL® Allergy Children’s 6+ 1mg/ml Oral Solution - Cetirizine (antihistamine); BENADRYL® Allergy Relief Plus Decongestant Capsules - acrivastine (antihistamine) & Pseudoephedrine (decongestant); BENADRYL® Allergy Relief Capsules – acrivastine (antihistamine); BENADRYL® Allergy NaturEase™ Nasal Spray - this product is a medical device; BENACORT™ 64MCG Nasal Spray contains Budesonide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Playapie
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
@Roger Google Diphenhydramine ?

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
UK
@Roger Google Diphenhydramine ?
Hello @GerMann.

I'm not too sure what your point is, but Googling "diphenhydramine and Benadryl same thing" brings up this:-

"In the United States and Canada, it (Benadryl) is the first-generation antihistamine diphenhydramine. Some products marketed in Australia and New Zealand as a cough medicine with the Benadryl name contain diphenhydramine. In the United Kingdom, the active component of Benadryl is often the antihistamine acrivastine or cetirizine."

T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Dead Man Walking
Nov 20, 2019
I am repeating myself here, but I think it's worth reminding people again that in UK, Benadryl is a trade name covering several products with different formulations, but diphenhydramine does not figure in any of them.

This is a cut 'n'paste from their UK website:-

BENADRYL® products contain the following active ingredients: BENADRYL® One A Day Relief & BENADRYL® Allergy Liquid Release Capsules & BENADRYL® Allergy Children’s 1mg/ml Oral Solution & BENADRYL® Allergy Children’s 6+ 1mg/ml Oral Solution - Cetirizine (antihistamine); BENADRYL® Allergy Relief Plus Decongestant Capsules - acrivastine (antihistamine) & Pseudoephedrine (decongestant); BENADRYL® Allergy Relief Capsules – acrivastine (antihistamine); BENADRYL® Allergy NaturEase™ Nasal Spray - this product is a medical device; BENACORT™ 64MCG Nasal Spray contains Budesonide.
I apologize I didn't realize that they benadryl was different across the pond thanks for that info! I believe you'd be looking for Nytol, or Sleep-eze (not positive on nytol bring diphenhydramine but almost certain sleep-eze is and available in 50 mg tablets)

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
UK
I apologize I didn't realize that they benadryl was different across the pond thanks for that info! I believe you'd be looking for Nytol, or Sleep-eze (not positive on nytol bring diphenhydramine but almost certain sleep-eze is and available in 50 mg tablets)
No need for an apology.

Diphenhydramine is available OTC in UK, just not under the Benadryl trademark.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Suicide Discussion 0
fieryending Offtopic 1
fieryending Suicide Discussion 3