Are you overweight or underweight?

• Thread starter dilapidatedMind
  • Start date
Sherri

Sherri

Illuminated
Reaction score
When my mental breakdown started, I lost 30kgs, I was like a skeleton. Luckily I’m still underweight, but recovered most of it. Hope you become well again hun. A big hug.

HeyIamWhy

HeyIamWhy

Take a deep breath, and move forward
Reaction score
almost underweight i think :nomouth: I love eating but i am losing pounds, why ? I don't know.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Reaction score
Ban the unsightly!

HeyIamWhy

HeyIamWhy

Reaction score
Maybe see a doc op? Take multi vitamins, it usually increases your appetite?
(What is a doc op ^^' ?) and idk I'm eating as usual (but those time I'm quickly getting full)

Sherri

Sherri

Illuminated
Reaction score
(What is a doc op ^^' ?) and idk I'm eating as usual (but those time I'm quickly getting full)
Doc is a doctor who has been to medical school, most therapists haven’t. But once again, someone correct me if I’m wrong.

HeyIamWhy

HeyIamWhy

Reaction score
Ooh ok ok thank you
Doc is a doctor who has been to medical school, most therapists haven’t. But once again, someone correct me if I’m wron

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Reaction score
I’m underweight from lack of appetite, nausea and when I’m anxious I can’t eat really. I also throw up from panic attacks. So lots of that has contributed to me being skinny and underweight

Miss_Takes

Miss_Takes

Kiwi
Reaction score
Looks like i'm the only normal weight person here lol
Im normal weight too. Ive been both over as an adult and under in my youth though.
I do believe MH has a nutritional component and that needs to be addressed alongside everything else for wellness.

H

HenryHobkins

Reaction score
lol were you that dude with other account of the tom cruise profile pic?
im overweight, almost kicked the obesity a couple months back but ive put on some pounds over the holidays.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Reaction score
I’m about 210 lbs (about 95 kg) and 183 cm (about 6’0). Overweight for sure. Used to be 240 lbs but I lost it without trying. I probably could have lost more if I hadn’t realized it because as soon as I found out I started eating more again because just the thought of losing weight makes me hungry.

PursuitofWonder

PursuitofWonder

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I was considered obese during the summer of 2020, now, about 5 months later, I am underweight. I don’t have an eating disorder or anything. I feel a lot better having lost the weight.

Scrubs2016

Scrubs2016

You cannot live without Darkness.
Reaction score
So according to the ideal weight calculator site, i should be between 70-95kg.. bit of a range there.. so here is the kicker, im 47, Male and 195cm. So i should look like 6 foot 5" stick insect .... im not. I am a 115kg. But wait! Im in a wheelchair, so do i put my height at around 5ft? Do they even take into consideration that people in wheelchairs may be slightly heavier due to the disablility, but still be healthy? Well so far... No they dont. Ok, rant over, thank you for listening :pfff:

forevernonescaped

forevernonescaped

I'm just here
Reaction score
Been underweight 99% of my life. Bmi usually hovers in the high 17s so not too bad I guess.

N

Natty

Reaction score
Overweight, getting worse. I keep trying to turn things around but my wife just enables me and makes everything worse.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Reaction score
Double my natural body weight. Through grade school and junior high school, I was an amphetamine skinny kid who was the smallest, weakest and most growth stunted student in my class, targeted for incessant bullying as an easy target.

I was severely depressed when I met my first psychiatrist in November 1996, and she placed me on Prozac because that was the one antidepressant which was not yet associated with weight gain. (My first psychiatrist was an overweight woman herself.) For a few months, Prozac worked beautifully.

As it turns out, every prescription medication I have been on which is used for weight management has a ferocious weight gain rebound effect. Every adult I've known who grew up on amphetamines and continued on them wound up obese.

On another thread, I just posted that if you are depressed and haven't been on any medications yet, try rTMS then ECT before going on antidepressants which can permanently mess up your metabolism. (Also, biofeedback and cognitive behavioral therapy won't change your metabolism.)

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Reaction score
I'm finally at an acceptable healthy weight. I'm adjusting well. But I know if I'm not careful I can easily slide out of recovery. I smoke pot to have an appetite and have tried to cut back on cigarettes and eat something instead.

stygal

stygal

empty
Reaction score
I used to be a chubby child during school (not really overweight though) but it triggered me enough to lose weight.
Since I‘m a perfectionist I lost quickly and a lot. Started out being slightly underweight and ended up severely underweight.
I loved how I looked back then but felt like death and was so so weak (could only do one task a day or take pain meds to stay on my feet) plus my heart/chest felt weird whenever I didn’t eat for a long time and it gave me panic attacks.
So I started gaining back some weight. At the beginning it was fine...then I went a bit overboard but now I‘m right in the middle and (for the first time in my life) at a normal weight.